Shrooms

Postmoderpagan nobody is going to an anti science jesus freak for advise on drugs or mental health.
fucking gestapo clone

I did acid a few times, and shrooms a few times in the 70's.

All we did was mostly laugh.

I really hated the last part of the acid high because it would hurt to piss. It was like needles coming out.

Shrooms were fouind in cowshit. We would collect them, boil them and make cool aid.

Looking back on all that, I'm surprised I'm still alive.

Young adults can really be stupid.

I did acid a few times, and shrooms a few times in the 70's. All we did was mostly laugh. I really hated the last part of the acid high because it would hurt to piss. It was like needles coming out. Shrooms were fouind in cowshit. We would collect them, boil them and make cool aid. Looking back on all that, I'm surprised I'm still alive. Young adults can really be stupid.

So that's where your fondness for drinking Kool-Aid came from.

if you drink at all, why do you think have any ground to put down marijuana use?

first of all, this thread isn't about marijuana use....it's about the use of psychedelics and several posters have commented about the use of acid......having grown up in the 60s and seen first hand evidence of the permanent effects of LSD trips I can't believe any rational person would experiment with acid any more than I would think them wise in playing Russian roulette......

Last edited:
first of all, this thread isn't about marijuana use....it's about the use of psychedelics and several posters have commented about the use of acid......having grown up in the 60s and seen first hand evidence of the permanent effects of LSD trips I can't believe any rational person would experiment with acid any more than I would think them wise in playing Russian roulette......

Anecdotal evidence is not evidence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysergic_acid_diethylamide#Adverse_effects

LSD is physiologically well tolerated and there is no evidence for long-lasting effects on the brain or other parts of the human organism.

The evidence that it causes long-term psychiatric problems is essentially non-existent, and is probably more of a result of drug war propagandizing than anything else. There are cases of temporary psychotic episodes. But since psychotic syndromes don't usually start showing symptoms until early adulthood, it's likely that someone with such a disorder took it, began exhibiting symptoms some time afterward, and their family blamed the drugs. If it is a symptom, it is an extraordinarily rare one. Again, Tylenol is far more dangerous, causing thousands of liver failures every year. Flashbacks are a known side-effect, but I wouldn't quite compare that with Russian roulette.

People want to believe that some drugs are much more dangerous than they really are - even many of the users. The guy who made the shrooms was apparently of the belief that they contained arsenic, something which I told him was a ridiculous rumor. If anything, inventing unrealistic dangers seems to make them want to take it even more.

As for the two sites you linked, they're drug war propaganda sites and can't be taken seriously.

Back