Slut by any other names is still a ….?

I certainly did not concede anything. If you are asking me what I wish, it would be that my daughter never had sex at all because no man is good enough for her. But that is predicated on my bias.

Oh, every old daddy feels that way about his daughter!

I certainly did not concede anything. If you are asking me what I wish, it would be that my daughter never had sex at all because no man is good enough for her. But that is predicated on my bias.

I didn't ask you what you wished. I asked if you would advise her to have sex with a AIDS infected person as long as she used a condom.

You whiffed with the "she's a grown woman" as if that precludes parental guidance.

You failed. You know the answer is no because you know condoms aren't 100% effective. But, you also know that by doing so would prove you were wrong and I was right. Hence the evasion tactics.

I didn't ask you what you wished. I asked if you would advise her to have sex with a AIDS infected person as long as she used a condom.

You whiffed with the "she's a grown woman" as if that precludes parental guidance.

You failed. You know the answer is no because you know condoms aren't 100% effective. But, you also know that by doing so would prove you were wrong and I was right. Hence the evasion tactics.

I would advise her not to have sex.

Now, if you would answer the question I asked you?

I would advise her not to have sex.

Now, if you would answer the question I asked you?

Why would you advise her to not have sex with an AIDS infected person while using a condom.

And no I didn't blood test every partner. But it was a nice non sequitur as the thread is getting away from you.

It's funny how we are when it comes to vulgarity and sex. Prior to the Enlightenment (so before 1600 or the last mere 400 years), the norm for everyone was to be vulgar and highly sexual during the Middle Ages and Renaissance. One pope even commented that "we are all born between the piss and shit." People didn't necessarily think it was appropriate to openly discuss our sex lives, but the physical structure of Christendom didn't do a lot a repress sexuality. Particularly in a world obsessed with blood lines and producing heirs.

It was the Enlightenment view that vulgarity is akin to barbarism, and that a civilized society should reign in its impulses. It's funny that we are starting to reject some of the fundamental social products of the Enlightenment in favour of older times. It won't lead us back to Christendom, but it should be entertaining.

How are the half-naked women parading as Slutwalkers connecting to words that may actually define how low some American females have sunk while thinking this sexual behavior enforces their control, power and independence?

Webster’s New World Roget’s A-Z Thesaurus uses synonyms connected to the word “slut” as bawd, hooker, call girl, fallen woman, harlot, hustler, lewd woman, loose woman, prostitute, street walker, tramp, wench and whore.

Regardless of Slutwalkers efforts, the term “slut” is still mostly used negatively to shame women who are considered to be of low character that have loose morals and are sexually promiscuous.

Read more
http://www.examiner.com/article/slut-by-any-other-names-is-still-a

Back in the days of civilization a slut was a woman who didn't keep her house clean. It is like calling your arse a donkey to use it to mean whore - prudery gone mad.

It's funny how we are when it comes to vulgarity and sex. Prior to the Enlightenment (so before 1600 or the last mere 400 years), the norm for everyone was to be vulgar and highly sexual during the Middle Ages and Renaissance. One pope even commented that "we are all born between the piss and shit." People didn't necessarily think it was appropriate to openly discuss our sex lives, but the physical structure of Christendom didn't do a lot a repress sexuality. Particularly in a world obsessed with blood lines and producing heirs.

It was the Enlightenment view that vulgarity is akin to barbarism, and that a civilized society should reign in its impulses. It's funny that we are starting to reject some of the fundamental social products of the Enlightenment in favour of older times. It won't lead us back to Christendom, but it should be entertaining.

The aristos were a pretty decadent lot in the 18th century, especially the Libertines.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2007-03/uol-sit032307.php

Why would you advise her to not have sex with an AIDS infected person while using a condom.

And no I didn't blood test every partner. But it was a nice non sequitur as the thread is getting away from you.

No, it was not a on sequitur. It shows that safe sex is not really the issue. Its a numbers game. Having a few partners is ok, even if you don't know their medical history or what diseases they may have. But more than (however many separates 'normal' from 'slut') and it is a dangerous thing and they should be shunned.

Back