Smokers

Marlboro Reds -->Camel Reds-->Camel non-filters-->American Spirit non-filters...

Happy and humbled to say I quit almost two years ago. Hardest thing I have EVER done.

Marlboro Lights. Tried an electronic cigarrette (Greensmoke) but it sped up my heart rate and I had to go to the emergency room. I may try Dixie's brand of ecig next time as I see this as a truly viable way to quit.

refilling carts is hardy difficult.....I can do it while driving......though now I find it easiest to replace the plastic plug in the carto with a drip tip and simply add juice without taking anything apart.....as for flavor choices, you can have anything from a Marlborough knock off to Kung Pao Chicken....I tend more to fruit flavors....had a good valencia orange a while back, as well as an interesting licorice/menthol blend called Black Ice from Basic eliquids....TastyVapor.net usually runs three or four weekly specials of one ounce of juice for $10 which would be about a month's supply for an average vaper.....

I get my nicotine from Wizlabs...http://wizardlabs.us/ and my flavorings from FlavorWest http://flavorwest.com/

I didn't say it was 'difficult' to refill carts, I said it was inconvenient. Again, I think it depends on personal preference.

Marlboro Lights. Tried an electronic cigarrette (Greensmoke) but it sped up my heart rate and I had to go to the emergency room. I may try Dixie's brand of ecig next time as I see this as a truly viable way to quit.

SafeCig and Greensmoke are almost the same. I have heard about the racing heart thing, and they say it's because your nicotine level is too strong, or you've gotten too much at one time. Advice is to go with a lower mg cart. I noticed a little of this when I started, along with numbness in my mouth, but it passed after about a week.

true that nicotine is a stimulant, but even at 24mg strength it would unlikely that vaping would give someone enough of a sped up heart rate to go to the emergancy room, any more than smoking a Marlborough Red would.....

true that nicotine is a stimulant, but even at 24mg strength it would unlikely that vaping would give someone enough of a sped up heart rate to go to the emergancy room, any more than smoking a Marlborough Red would.....
That depends on the person. Nicotene is acutely poisonous and has an LD50 of 50 mg/kg so for some people 24 mg would be substantial dose of nicotene. Keep in mind that this is the usualy dose of nicotene in a cigerette but most the nicotene in a cigerette, during combustion, is oxidized to CO2 or into volatile pyridine bases. That means about the typical uptake for a cigerette is about 1 mg where as with vaping the majority of that 24 mg does is available for uptake. For many this is to much nicotene and they would exhibit the signs/symptoms of nicotene poisoning which include dizzyness, nausea and heart palpitations.

Last edited:
Smoke like a chimney. Camel filter 99s or marlboro 100s if the store doesn't have the long camels.
Can't swap weed for cigs since weed make cigs taste great. Thinking about trying Zyban. Need to find a new primary care provider since my last one retired.
Thinking about getting into vaping since the leftover is supposedly still good for baking.

Smoke like a chimney. Camel filter 99s or marlboro 100s if the store doesn't have the long camels.
Can't swap weed for cigs since weed make cigs taste great. Thinking about trying Zyban. Need to find a new primary care provider since my last one retired.
Thinking about getting into vaping since the leftover is supposedly still good for baking.

I quit using the patch and it took dozens of tries. DOZENS. I simply refused to give up on myself, though, and eventually I met with success, a day at a time - sometimes an HOUR at a time.

Physically, I've never felt as good as I do now. Seriously. Like I could climb a mountain a day.

I am trying to quit cigs now. A couple weeks ago I started running every morning, and the cig smoking is detrimental.

I don't think I can give up weed, but that's basically just once per month anyway.

I am trying to quit cigs now. A couple weeks ago I started running every morning, and the cig smoking is detrimental.

I don't think I can give up weed, but that's basically just once per month anyway.

Good for you! Are you using gum or patches? They help A LOT. Weaning off of nicotine is tough stuff. Trying to quit cold turkey was too hard. I wanted to beat someone up every day. Not worth it!

P.S. You can do it - don't give up on yourself if you 'fall off the wagon'. Just get back on and try again. It took me literally dozens of tries before I succeeded. :)

SINCE WHEN IN THE FUCKING GIANT MEXICAN JUMPING BEANS DO YOU SMOKE WEED?

Pretty recently...first time was in January. My roommates and I were snowed in for a few days, and they had some weed leftover from when a friend visited from LA. So we hotboxed our laundry room.

Good for you! Are you using gum or patches? They help A LOT. Weaning off of nicotine is tough stuff. Trying to quit cold turkey was too hard. I wanted to beat someone up every day. Not worth it!

P.S. You can do it - don't give up on yourself if you 'fall off the wagon'. Just get back on and try again. It took me literally dozens of tries before I succeeded. :)

Thank you! I am going to try cold turkey, which I've done before. But I think I'm more addicted now than when I quit the first time a couple years ago. I am thinking of getting one of those e-cigs as a transition.

Thank you! I am going to try cold turkey, which I've done before. But I think I'm more addicted now than when I quit the first time a couple years ago. I am thinking of getting one of those e-cigs as a transition.

Those e-cigs have gotten mixed reviews. Let us know how that goes. The main thing is - if the method you try doesn't help, try another method. Good luck.

Looks like I'm going to be the only Trinity member not interested in drugs other than alcohol and caffeine (besides the occasional cigar).

Back