Smoking weed as a parent

yes I know it's less harmful than beer, but smoking a joint has a more powerful effect than having a solitary drink here and there. You can drink and not get drunk or even buzzed, but if you smoke weed you are probably going to get stoned. For the beer analogy to work it would be like, would you want to be drunk around your kids?

Who says you have to smoke a full joint? Alcohol impairs the user more and is far more dangerous to anyone in their care.

dude I don't GET men.

I have been with the same wonderful man since I was a teen.

don't be jealous and get all hater on me

My ex of 22 long years didntt ever smoke with we but my current absolutely wonderful love does and I assure you the latter is much, much better.

I'm absolutely angry about this. I was raised redneck Christian in the woods where redneck/hillbilly was a fine line. Drugs were not ok, M'kay. I moved to a small town and held my Waterboy style backwoods perspective. "My momma said....my momma said". When I saw good friends of mine smoking pot I was outraged. My friends are druggies! I banned it from my house because I was told it is bad and also because it's against the law. My friends kept smoking in my bathroom and elsewhere and it nearly turned into fist fights. I would have won, but I digress. I later met a girl and dated her for a year and a half, my longest relationship ever that young. She was a bit wild so there was tons of sex and a bit of drama...followed by sex. Sadly, I stated from the start that I don't date girls that do drugs (even when I was a smoker). I smelled weed on her breath once and started to think that she was THE DEVIL (another waterboy reference). She later went to college and admitted she got high with friends............I dumped her................................

How freakin sad is that, that I dumped my longest girlfriend and almost got in fistfights with friends for smoking pot?

Guess what pot smokers don't do...They don't dump their spouse (generally) for not smoking pot. And they don't get in fist fights with their friends (generally) for not smoking pot.

I was a judgemental ass and they deserved better.

Back