So, We Lose Pluto. So What?

Who cares about Pluto?

Are you guys kidding? Without Pluto being a planet the Earth will cease to exist as we know it. Everything will fall apart. Science will completely unravel and we will be left with no natural laws.

Oh my god! We can't let this happen. Let's run to Washington and demand that President Bush sign an emergency bill declaring Pluto a planet and protecting it as an endangered planet.

SAVE PLUTO NOW.

Immie

PS I now have a new cause to fight for. Thank you Ornot

Immy's right!

We have to ensure that the fight to call Pluto a planet endures. Without it being classified as such, the precarious balancing act of society as we know it will tip less toward planets and more towards other stuffs. We can't let this happen. I implore you, conservatives, liberals, jews, christians, muslims, buddhists, gay, straight, black, white, asian, latino, please - take head, this cannot happen!

I've got "Save Pluto" T-shirts on sale now for $14.95, who's with me?

I couldn't care less who discovered Pluto. They still get credit for it. It just won't be a planet any longer.... Either that or we start memorizing the list of 62 planets... I better get started.

Likely in the future they won't require kids to memorize Plutons, just very large planets with steady orbits.

Pluto isn't really an atroid and it really isn't a planet...

I can imagine "pluton" becoming a completely seperate definition, with about 50 different objects listed in there.

Strangely, they upgraded Charon to planet status because of this decision, although they didn't upgrade the moon or any other moon, and the moon is definitely more planet-like.

That is because Charon isn't a true moon either. It is more of a binary system in which they orbit a center of gravity that does not fall within the diameter of pluto. Our moon follows a similar patter but the center of gravity between the moon and the earth still falls within the diameter of the earth.

Back