Socos profile picture........

Had to adjust my last closing comment.........

So when closing out I dedicated...'Upon The Roof'...The Cryan' Shames
to soco...from battleborne...compare our profile pics...50cal vs 7.62 Nato round...:cof1: 'See ya'...(Confederate Railroad song fits about here)... later...:cof1:

First off Genius the 7.62 round is use is 7.62 X 54. It comes out of the end of a Mosin Nagant so that would make it a Warsaw Pact round.

Well yup.............

First off Genius the 7.62 round is use is 7.62 X 54. It comes out of the end of a Mosin Nagant so that would make it a Warsaw Pact round.

Dip shit attorney..and it was also the round of the M60 A-1 tank front machine gun...the 50 cal was reserved for the TC...are you sure you really served in the Army?:rolleyes:

Dip shit attorney..and it was also the round of the M60 A-1 tank front machine gun...the 50 cal was reserved for the TC...are you sure you really served in the Army?:rolleyes:
I was circa M1 abrahams. However the M60 A1 and A2 had a coax gun that was 7.62 by 51 (NATO) which was the M73 and later the M219 ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M73_Machine_gun ) The M60 A3 MBT had a coax gun designed by FN which was also 7.62 x 51 which was the standard issue NATO round. Now here is where you lose me. But you were in the army and you didn't know that the coax gun on a tank shot the same rounds as an M-60. Wasn't the M60 a door gun on a Huey? I can't recall but you can tell us. But seeing as you were 6 months in country and you went through basic training and I KNOW that they trained you on that even all the way back then you would have known that it was also a 7.62 x 51 (NATO) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M60_machine_gun

7.62x54mmR

You are such a blowhard that I though I would save you the trouble of looking it up.

The 7.62x54mmR rifle cartridge is a Russian design dating back to 1891. Originally designed for the Mosin-Nagant rifle, it was used during the late Tsarist era and throughout the Soviet period, in machine guns and rifles such as the SVT-40. The Winchester Model 1895 was also chambered for this cartridge per a contract with the Russian government. It is still in use by the Russian military in the Dragunov and other sniper rifles and some modern machine guns. The round is colloquially known as the "7.62 Russian". The name is sometimes confused with the "7.62 Soviet" round, which refers to the 7.62x39 cartridge used in the SKS and AK-47 rifles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62x54R

Now I don't expect it but anyone that reads this post will see what a ignorant ass you are trying to claim you knew something about the round that would show I might not have served in the Army. But guess what fucktard you were wrong. And now you post something about just testing me. I have owned the Mosin-Naggant for 12 years and fired literally thousands of rounds through it. EVERY box I buy is Warsaw pact issue military crated. 1000 rounds per box, usually with Hungarian or Russian writing on it.

7.62x51mm NATO

The 7.62x51mm NATO rifle cartridge was adopted in the 1950s as a standard firearm cartridge among NATO countries, though it has also become popular among civilians. While similar in appearance, the military 7.62x51 NATO cartridge is not identical to the commercial .308 Winchester, though the two are safely interchangeable.[2]

The 7.62x51mm NATO cartridge was introduced to military service in rifles and machine guns. It was introduced in U.S. service in the M14 Rifle and M60 Machine gun in the late 1950s. Fabrique Nationale's FAL became the most popular 7.62 NATO rifle in Europe and served into the early 1980s. The M14 was superseded in U.S. service as the infantry adopted a new round with the M16. However, the M14 and many other firearms that use the round remain in service. The round is used by infantry and from ground vehicles, aircraft and ships.

Wow could that mean Helicopters there chief?

Shit I bet you brought down more than your fair share of Water buffalo with the 60 didn't you. Didn't even know what round you firing.

wow how gay is grampa battleborn worrying about the lawyer daddy's pic.
My call is the kid is front billing and if he takes super care of him he's super. Now shut up grampa and get your walker.

Yes you will moron...

I don't expect I will see you back anytime soon

reread what you posted above...I was a TC on the M60 A-1..as well as a Huey down the road...and yes I only served six months in country...as was already explained previously many times...you made my point without me having to explain again...the 7.62 was in fact a Nato round in the oldies days...get a grip counselor you are really embarrassing yourself...again!... and the Huey used both 7.62 and .223 M-16 for door gunners..depending on the LZ! Maybe even the 50 cal and rockets if available...this was a experimental war...numbnuts...who was not there! before ya google again...ask USC he was there also...I doubt he would dismiss what I said...unless he really was not there...I give him the benefit of the doubt...cause' I belive him to be real...unlike you counselor!

My call is the kid is front billing and if he takes super care of him he's super. Now shut up grampa and get your walker.
Actually he is talking about my picture in my profile and not my avitar. He would tell you that himself but he not coming back to this post because I have completely schooled his ass on the Ammunition topic. I would not have even done it but the fucker always has to prove how much more he knows about shit than everyone else.

LOOK at his profile pic........

it is different than his avatar pic...moron...then again he changes pics as much as you change sides...:rolleyes:

Right on the avatar...

Actually he is talking about my picture in my profile and not my avitar. He would tell you that himself but he not coming back to this post because I have completely schooled his ass on the Ammunition topic. I would not have even done it but the fucker always has to prove how much more he knows about shit than everyone else.

wrong on the ammo schooling...wrong again counselor...go back to the other thread where I show you how wrong you were again!;)

Not to forget post #11 above..;)

Last edited:
reread what you posted above...I was a TC on the M60 A-1..as well as a Huey down the road...and yes I only served six months in country...as was already explained previously many times...you made my point without me having to explain again...the 7.62 was in fact a Nato round in the oldies days...get a grip counselor you are really embarrassing yourself...again!... and the Huey used both 7.62 and .223 M-16 for door gunners..depending on the LZ! Maybe even the 50 cal and rockets if available...this was a experimental war...numbnuts...who was not there! before ya google again...ask USC he was there also...I doubt he would dismiss what I said...unless he really was not there...I give him the benefit of the doubt...cause' I belive him to be real...unlike you counselor!
ReRead what I posted you fucking blind ass moron. the NATO round always was a 7.62 x 51 round. You tried to call me out by telling me that the round in the Mosin was the same as the NATO round you stupid stuborn fuck. Read all the posts. And then you stupid son of bitch look at this page 9 http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/cv/tank/M60.html ) which shows that the turret cupola TC gun was ALWAYS a .50 cal. Then sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up cause you don't know shit about this subject. NOT SHIT!

7.62 by 54 was NEVER a nato round never ever ever ever Read the posts. I knew this wthout having to google but I needed to find a post to show you the difference you stupid fuck

Dipshit.............

ReRead what I posted you fucking blind ass moron. the NATO round always was a 7.62 x 51 round. You tried to call me out by telling me that the round in the Mosin was the same as the NATO round you stupid stuborn fuck. Read all the posts. And then you stupid son of bitch look at this page 9 http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/cv/tank/M60.html ) which shows that the turret cupola TC gun was ALWAYS a .50 cal. Then sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up cause you don't know shit about this subject. NOT SHIT!

You said Mosin...I said Nato....wake up and smell the bacon...Mr.Drunk Divorce Attorney! 7.62 is a Nato round...***sigh*** is there any other vets in here that would like to clear this up for numbnuts...I give up...he is a idiot!

LMAO again..............

dipshit...I was a Gunner on the M60 A-1 before being promoted to a TC...the Gunner had access to the M-60 machinegun...7.62 cal...the TC had access to the 50Cal turrent gun...and by the way Hueys were outfitted with both the M-60 7.62 as well as 50 cal door guns...which I experienced later on...up yours Mr.Google Attorney!:rolleyes:

By the way I never said anything about 'Mosin'...I just said NATO 7.62 round..you brought up this silly argument about 'Mosin' which is irrelevant to the general statement...nice try and back-peddle counselor!

Last edited:
Back