Sox Ownage thread ALCS

The management was schizophrenic and did not appear committed to winning. They spent too much on washed up free agents. And there was no history of success, not talking about a World Series, but just a year where they were remotely competitive.
Wow, this statement could just as easily be depicting the Mariners.

red sox blew game two. having masterson going for only 2 outs resulting in us having to go to timlin in the 11th was the dumbest idea ever.

And pitching Wakefield. The Sox are left to choose which bum to carry/start while the Rays have to decide which of their excellent 5 starters to go with and bench players to leave out.

Last edited:
Except the Mariners have some history of success. Prior to this season, the Rays finished in last every year except one where they finished second to last.
True, but the M's were established in 1977 while the Rays and Marlins both came along in the 90's. I believe 1998 for the Rays? Anyway, the M's didn't have a decent season until 1995, or 18 years into their franchise history.

And pitching Wakefield. The Sox are left to choose which bum to carry/start while the Rays have to decide which of their excellent 5 starters to go with and bench players to leave out.

dicek isn't a bum. lester just had a bad outing. but he's usually solid. It's not like we only have rags left. that's just foolish.

dicek isn't a bum. lester just had a bad outing. but he's usually solid. It's not like we only have rags left. that's just foolish.

Timlin and Wakefield are. They were quality pitchers at one point, but not any more.

Lester is a very good pitcher and I don't think he pitched badly, he just got clobbered.

wakefield is not a bad pitcher. he has a 4.0 era.

His knucleball sometimes works, and sometimes it doesn't. Not to mention whenever someone gets on base it's essentially a double seeing as it's easy to steal when someone is pitching 64 miles an hour.

Not as disgusting as the Red Sox fans who went from being rather humble to a bunch of arrogant asses.

The Rays had little to cheer for prior to this season. The management was schizophrenic and did not appear committed to winning. They spent too much on washed up free agents. And there was no history of success, not talking about a World Series, but just a year where they were remotely competitive.

But they have been doing things right the last few years. Hopefully they will do better in coming years, but their location is not great. They are in the middle of a bunch of retirees, many living on fixed incomes.

What makes you think we are arrogant? I have never hear that before.

Rays ownership needs to take next couple seasons with all these first round drafts and build a fan following and then invest into a new stadium and higher payroll.

now that's arrogance. lol

If sox can win tonight with dicek. They may pitch lester on game 6. Then go with Beckett game 7.

I think only way they can come back and take series is if the bats wake up.

It's just a fact. The Red Sox are not as deep as the Rays, especially in pitching. The Rays have 5 quality starters and Price (still untested) could be a 6th. The Sox have 3. J.P. Howell is another guy that could be a solid starter.

The Rays also left off their third leading home run hitter. Lot of sloooow guys on the Sox. Navi is the only Ray regular that's slow and Floyd's one of the few guys off the bench. Most of the rest either have decent speed or can fly.

The prospect of Wakefield should have frightened any Sox fan. Especially against a team like the Rays, who are loaded with patient hitters and speed. Wakefield is decent against guys that hurt themselves by chasing.

There is not a Rays starter that I would worry about starting. Kazmir probably is the biggest concern as he can struggle with control. But when he is hitting the zone, he's very good.

When Timlin came in in game 2 all the Ray's fans in the cruise ship's sport's bar knew we had the game won. Out of the Rays pen, Miller is the only guy that worries, but we need him for the lefties and little more. I would not trade him for Timlin, though.

SIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

never count the sox OUT that's what everyone else has done in the past and look how it turned out.

*possibly speaks too soon? o_O?

to be continued . . .

Back