Spades

not spades, damo's game. i already said in this thread that I used to play spades.

WELL I'M DRUNK DAMNIT! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW?!?!?

Anyways it's somewhat similar. You still have teams, but there is no bidding, outside of going alone. You only use the 9-ace in a deck and deal each player 5 cards. The first remaining card is turned over and each player has an option to tell the dealer to pick it up, making that suit trump, or pass and let the next player decide. If none of the players say pick it up, then they can call a suit to be trump. Cards are normal value except with the jack of the trump suit, being the highest card and the jack of the same color, being 2nd highest. You need a minimum of three out of 5 hands to win a game and you play until one team gets 10 points.

You lucky some guy named "Tiny" didn't have his way with you like you had with that sheep. :1up:
They pretty much left me alone. For some reason they thought I was crazy. Maybe it was when I woke up in my cell married to that pineapple? She was an ugly pineapple.... ah but I did love her so.

WELL I'M DRUNK DAMNIT! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW?!?!?

Anyways it's somewhat similar. You still have teams, but there is no bidding, outside of going alone. You only use the 9-ace in a deck and deal each player 5 cards. The first remaining card is turned over and each player has an option to tell the dealer to pick it up, making that suit trump, or pass and let the next player decide. If none of the players say pick it up, then they can call a suit to be trump. Cards are normal value except with the jack of the trump suit, being the highest card and the jack of the same color, being 2nd highest. You need a minimum of three out of 5 hands to win a game and you play until one team gets 10 points.
Grind he forgot to tell you a very important strategic element in the game of Euchre. You cheat! If you get caught they take you outside and break your hands but still...anyone who is any good at Euchre cheats. In fact, the word Euchre means "To deceive by devious means."

back in law school we used to play double deck bid euchre during breaks....had a regular partner until no one would play us anymore.....no active cheating but we could read each other's minds.....

Euchre would suck online. A large portion of the game is reading people. Like poker. And we played bid.

Back