SPAM

3035341452_4266122a46.jpg

You ignorant people of the world, you don't know what spam is until you live in Hawaii.

Long live Spam!

Hormel's favorite state...:)

I never buy it but it's in several Japanese and Hawaiian dishes I have all the time....

Tends to grow on you that is for sure. All around the world as you know it is quite popular.

Yes, I know, I bought stock in Hormel after they acquired APPLEGATE & I noticed all the spam fairs in various parts of Hawaii.:D

When I was twelve and in middle school, the iMac had just launched. The word program on it had the novel voice reader, which had numerous voice settings that you could select. We would paste several pages of "spam and cheese," activate the voice, and then wander off. Such good times!

I have had Spam once, I'll save it for the Apocolypse. My dad asked my mother to never serve it, it was a mainstay of WWII rations and he hated it, butterscotch pudding, too.

I have had Spam once, I'll save it for the Apocolypse. My dad asked my mother to never serve it, it was a mainstay of WWII rations and he hated it, butterscotch pudding, too.

LOL, I forgot about those, I guess I did eat earlier than I thought.. Usually when we got those we were practically starving so they weren't so bad, & compared to the green powdered eggs, it was pretty good......

I think we all have those kinda foods that we hate........

If we can be exposed to them in another setting/style etc or even tricked we can overcome that mental disdain..

3035341452_4266122a46.jpg

You ignorant people of the world, you don't know what spam is until you live in Hawaii.

Long live Spam!
its huge in the Philippines too. My wife buys it a lot. I saw a show once where they made shushi rolls with nori, fried rice and spam. It looked good so I tried making. It was meh. Kinda good but nut great but then I got the idea of adding a sauce of mayo and sirracha and that made it over the top good.

Rations must have been worse in Vietnam. My Uncle liked Spam. Lord you just reminded me of that god awful butter scotch pudding that was around when I was a kid. Had the look texture and taste of baby shit.

LOL, I forgot about those, I guess I did eat earlier than I thought.. Usually when we got those we were practically starving so they weren't so bad, & compared to the green powdered eggs, it was pretty good......

I think we all have those kinda foods that we hate........

If we can be exposed to them in another setting/style etc or even tricked we can overcome that mental disdain..
actually any recipe that calls for tofu spam will work well.

Yeah we often have fried spam with freid eggs and rice for breakfast. I'm always bitching to the Misses that she doesn't fry it crispy enough.

Interesting. I thought it was just a south pacific, mostly Hawaiian thing. Had it on some other south pacific islands I've visited, but it was basically, because there was no refrigeration system on those islands and canned meat was the only meat, other than tough local chicken, that you could get.

Why do you eat it?

Back