SPAM

its huge in the Philippines too. My wife buys it a lot. I saw a show once where they made shushi rolls with nori, fried rice and spam. It looked good so I tried making. It was meh. Kinda good but nut great but then I got the idea of adding a sauce of mayo and sirracha and that made it over the top good.

Never mind my earlier question, I understand now.

Cool.

Interesting. I thought it was just a south pacific, mostly Hawaiian thing. Had it on some other south pacific islands I've visited, but it was basically, because there was no refrigeration system on those islands and canned meat was the only meat, other than tough local chicken, that you could get.

Why do you eat it?
Well its popular in the Philippines for the same reason. It keeps with out refrigeration.

I eat cause the Misses cooks it and I'm hungry and when I'm hungry and someone else is cooking I'm not too picky.

actually any recipe that calls for tofu spam will work well.

Not big on tofu... I have it occasionally put prefer soy protein for the taste & especially the texture-not spongy...

My local vegan restaurant has several dishes that are pretty good. It is a eastern theme, Thai, Japanese & Chinese mostly w/ some Indian dishes..

Not big on tofu... I have it occasionally put prefer soy protein for the taste & especially the texture-not spongy...

My local vegan restaurant has several dishes that are pretty good. It is a eastern theme, Thai, Japanese & Chinese mostly w/ some Indian dishes..
Fuck that vegan shit. I like my tofu Chinese style. Stuffed with fried pork or sausage.

Back