stand tall for medical care for all

If the people stay on their reps asses we do.

It time to make sure your own guy is not a crook.

You see the current Rs seem to defend their own wether they are crooks or not, history is replete with examples anymore.

If the people stay on their reps asses we do.

It time to make sure your own guy is not a crook.

You see the current Rs seem to defend their own wether they are crooks or not, history is replete with examples anymore.

Stop thinking left/right. who do you think will get the contracts for services if we nationalize healthcare? the same fuckers doing it now, only we will have even less choice and power.

In any case I think it is better that everyone has basic health care insurance.
I am sure that there would still be suppemental private insurance available if you want more or specialized coverage.

The proof is in the sucesses of other countries.

When you have millions going untreated you are at a much greater risk of a epidemic

The proof is in the sucesses of other countries.

When you have millions going untreated you are at a much greater risk of a epidemic

you're forgetting that we finance all the drug r&d with our capitalist system. they're piggybacking on that. what will happen when we are gone, and when R&D is something done in a civil servant mentality by union scientists?

Yep like that civil servant mentality at NASA that gave private industry oh so many new devices and spawned the computer age ?
Where has NASA gone since we largely privatized it ?

Nothing big is getting passed, you can bet cons will be against a big dem program and block it. Best bet is for the dem President to craft it from a bipartisan coalition or it's waisted air.

Yep like that civil servant mentality at NASA that gave private industry oh so many new devices and spawned the computer age ?
Where has NASA gone since we largely privatized it ?

You made this same error in a different discussion yesterday. We can have some things done privately, and some things done publicly by government. It is possible to do this because two different things are two different things.

I made that mistake ? I think it was you who got crossed up on that.
Same as today.

No. It was the same basic thing. you thinking the belief that some things are good for government control and some are not is some kind of "inconsistency". When I called you on it before, you just put up the green smiley.

I still don't get where you are coming from . I am for universal health care from the govt, but also am for supplemental private insurance for those who want it.
Like medicare.
I see no conflict there.

Because I wanted to :)
I forget at the moment and am too lazy to backtrack the thread.

Let me refresh your memory. You brought it up to say somehow I'm inconsistent if I was "for" the government doing the space program, but "against" them taking up healthcare. And now you don't want to talk about it because you realize how only an idiot would think the government had to do everything or nothing.

Let me refresh your memory. You brought it up to say somehow I'm inconsistent if I was "for" the government doing the space program, but "against" them taking up healthcare. And now you don't want to talk about it because you realize how only an idiot would think the government had to do everything or nothing.

The government has to do everything or nothing ? Are you nuts ?

Waste will happen under any system.

Pretending it is the aim of any side is utter bullshit.

We have a system in which our greatest concern for public waste is involved in who profits from the waste.

The main reason waste occurs is that SOMEONE is benifiting from it.

Follow the money.

Money gets wasted because the wealthy are finding ways to profit from public spending.

And using the power of govenment to create a state backed monopoly on health care to benefit the few big healthcare and pharma companies is wasteful. Your belief in the purity of government is naive and counterproductive.

It's more precisely a cartel.

Back