sucked into Syria (false flag?)

Zero Hedge seems to be a popular blog used as sources by idiots on this forum. They have yet to post the truth.

I don't get it and believe I posted this in another thread yesterday.

Are you guys saying the Obama administered sprayed chemical weapons on these people so they could invade Syria?

Are you saying the use of chemical weapons in Syria is something new?

Please explain.
do you have a clue? Zero Hedge or not read the OP for the IDEA - not the source.

REFUTE IT or not. I don't care..

Your questions are bizarre in the lack of the understanding of the Syrian civil war.

Of course Obama didn't use chem weapons..so WHO DID is the question??

wsa it Assad? was it the rebels? whom in the rebels? - there are Al-Qaeda groups mixed in the jihadists.

DOES ANYONE AROUND HERE UNDERSTAND FOREIGN WARS???? The geopolitics?
The desire to push back on Putkin??

Am I talking to myself??? so far it SEEMS like it..

..............................i had thought this place had signs of life..................

Not to disparage the good ideas,, but this is just too much.

4 posts telling the source is impeached, not one with an idea..

I don't think Obama wants to go to war in Syria, or we would already be there.

I can believe the Syrian opposition wants the USA to come in on their side; and I can believe they might create a false incident to pull us in.

I can also believe the Syria used chemical weapons on the rebels.

I don't get it and believe I posted this in another thread yesterday.

Are you guys saying the Obama administered sprayed chemical weapons on these people so they could invade Syria?

Are you saying the use of chemical weapons in Syria is something new?

Please explain.

Speaking for myself, I'm saying the US is no stranger to false flags to war .. and the US is backing the Al Qaida 'rebels' .. AGAIN.

I'm saying yes, HELL YES, the US could be behind this attack.

I'm saying this attack came at a very curious time in this clusterfuck .. and it would not make any sense for Syria to engage in such an attack when they know the US is itching to destroy them JUST AS WE DESTROYED LIBYA .. JUST AS WE DESTROYED IRAQ.

Why do you think the MIC and US penchant for war would be any different under Obama?

do you have a clue? Zero Hedge or not read the OP for the IDEA - not the source.

Your questions are bizarre in the lack of the understanding of the Syrian civil war.

wsa it Assad? was it the rebels? whom in the rebels? - there are Al-Qaeda groups mixed in the jihadists.

Foreign policy and war are not often discussed here. I've never figured out why.

I don't think Obama wants to go to war in Syria, or we would already be there.

I can believe the Syrian opposition wants the USA to come in on their side; and I can believe they might create a false incident to pull us in.

I can also believe the Syria used chemical weapons on the rebels.
logical. TY.

we are not going to go to war, we'll use stand off weapons, and proxy fighters,
We are sending light weapons to Syrian rebels, but not to the extent of SA

my bad for blowing up though,
another SHITTY day.

which defeates my username "annata" meaning "no self", as I don't want the posts to be about my person, but my thoughts.

So much for that ideal.........lost in anger/etc.

No problem brother. For those of us who hate war and its disastrous consequences most of all .. as you and I do .. the apathy of Americans can sometimes drive you crazy .. especially in the age of Obama.

It is a decision that needs to be made by the international community, not the US alone.

it's horrible, no matter what. Read a headline (couldn't deal with the article, it would have been too depressing) that one million kids have had to flee Syria.

I don't think us intervening will help though. And I don't think there's a "good guy" on either side of this fight at this point.

Aside from putting down a line through the middle of the country and putting tons of forces there to keep the sides apart, I don't know what would work (and I don't know that the forced separation would work either - I'm thinking Korea here, but obviously very mixed results)

So many more are going to die. And sometimes we just have to admit there's not much we can do.

If someone has a better idea, that would be great.

No problem brother. For those of us who hate war and its disastrous consequences most of all .. as you and I do .. the apathy of Americans can sometimes drive you crazy .. especially in the age of Obama.
the Syrian civil war is a serious basketcase of murderous intent.

It's bad enough we're trying to play footsie with Putin, trying to elbow our way in there, when this is the Russian Sphere of Influence,

I look back at Libya, the destruction of that state - few understand how horrid our role there was.

So now we're going into another mis-adventure - sowing our destruction again.

Let the world kill themselves, if need be, i'm tired of the US being an accomplice

the Syrian civil war is a serious basketcase of murderous intent.

It's bad enough we're trying to play footsie with Putin, trying to elbow our way in there, when this is the Russian Sphere of Influence,

I look back at Libya, the destruction of that state - few understand how horrid our role there was.

So now we're going into another mis-adventure - sowing our destruction again.

Let the world kill themselves, if need be, i'm tired of the US being an accomplice

Exactly my point about 'the age of Obama.'

Had Bush invaded Libya, democrats would have been screaming at the top of their lungs about war and intervention. But because Obama did it .. <crickets> .. the Libyan people must have deserved it.

You're right .. few know of the horrors we caused in Libya .. ESPECIALLY FOR ITS BLACK POPULATION. It was nothing short of war crimes. But Americans don't know, don't want to know.

The Brigade to Rid Libya of Black Skin .. Obama's posse.

Yes, I hate him.

Please excuse me, Annata. In case you didn't notice, there's some really crazy people around here who have already accused Obama of the Syria situation.

As far as what's going on, yes I know. Assad is killing thousands of people while the PC rest of the world lets it happen because to act on the knowledge of him using chemical weapons without positive, definite proof would put us right back to Bush's invasion of Iraq for what he claimed was WMD.

I also know Assad needs to go. I don't know if you've read any of my posts, but one point I like to make about any conflict like this is I support the wishes of the people. I was opposed to the Vietnam conflict because there was no need for it...the people of Vietnam were happy with their communist government. They didn't want us there.

Same with Iraq. Same with Afghanistan. The people are happy with their miserable existence under a brutal dictator. They don't care they've been brainwashed by the government - the government provided them with electricity, food, water, education, and health care.

They don't want us there.

Since Vietnam, this nation should have learned that you cannot change a country, you cannot change how the people of a country feel about democracy, you cannot change the government of a country - if the people don't want you to.

That's the big difference between the Arab Spring uprisings and the situations in Libya, Egypt, and Syria. The people want change. They want their dictator gone. They want democracy, even western ways (btw...the desire of a capitalistic culture and blue jeans and rock and roll is what eventually what caused the upheaval in Vietnam, Thailand, and other far east nations. It was a cultural incursion, not a military one.) We must support them in this quest or our Constitution isn't worth the parchment it's written on. This country was founded on freedom from oppression, who are we to deny other nations that chance?

I'm also aware al Qaeda is infiltrating the rebels in Libya and Syria, and other factions are supporting the military in Egypt. They're providing them with the weapons and ammo to fight their civil war because we won't. I'm also aware the US has indirectly supplied non-military aid to these factions.

I'm also aware al Qaeda are a terrorist organization and are doing this for their own good. Much like a non-violent organization supported the original Egyptian regime change, the Muslim Brotherhood; who then managed to elect a President with their religious views in mind.

Why is the current upheaval in Egypt, Syria, and Libya occurring? Because the people want peace. They don't want a dictator in charge, they don't want a religious sect running their country...they want a democratic, sectarian government. Just like we have. Who are we to deny them that? Who are we to not assist them in this goal?

It's a massive change. One they've not experienced in years. At one time Libya, and Egypt were vacation destinations with a fervent middle class, top notch education, universities and a happy people. (For that matter, so was Afghanistan) They want that life back.

There's going to be hiccups along the way. There already are. But I repeat - we must help them reach their goal.

(This is probably the most succinct view of the middle east I've written on here. I hope y'all will understand why I support our government's future goals in these three nations.)

Please excuse me, Annata. In case you didn't notice, there's some really crazy people around here who have already accused Obama of the Syria situation.

As far as what's going on, yes I know. Assad is killing thousands of people while the PC rest of the world lets it happen because to act on the knowledge of him using chemical weapons without positive, definite proof would put us right back to Bush's invasion of Iraq for what he claimed was WMD.

I also know Assad needs to go. I don't know if you've read any of my posts, but one point I like to make about any conflict like this is I support the wishes of the people. I was opposed to the Vietnam conflict because there was no need for it...the people of Vietnam were happy with their communist government. They didn't want us there.

Same with Iraq. Same with Afghanistan. The people are happy with their miserable existence under a brutal dictator. They don't care they've been brainwashed by the government - the government provided them with electricity, food, water, education, and health care.

They don't want us there.

Since Vietnam, this nation should have learned that you cannot change a country, you cannot change how the people of a country feel about democracy, you cannot change the government of a country - if the people don't want you to.

That's the big difference between the Arab Spring uprisings and the situations in Libya, Egypt, and Syria. The people want change. They want their dictator gone. They want democracy, even western ways (btw...the desire of a capitalistic culture and blue jeans and rock and roll is what eventually what caused the upheaval in Vietnam, Thailand, and other far east nations. It was a cultural incursion, not a military one.) We must support them in this quest or our Constitution isn't worth the parchment it's written on. This country was founded on freedom from oppression, who are we to deny other nations that chance?

I'm also aware al Qaeda is infiltrating the rebels in Libya and Syria, and other factions are supporting the military in Egypt. They're providing them with the weapons and ammo to fight their civil war because we won't. I'm also aware the US has indirectly supplied non-military aid to these factions.

I'm also aware al Qaeda are a terrorist organization and are doing this for their own good. Much like a non-violent organization supported the original Egyptian regime change, the Muslim Brotherhood; who then managed to elect a President with their religious views in mind.

Why is the current upheaval in Egypt, Syria, and Libya occurring? Because the people want peace. They don't want a dictator in charge, they don't want a religious sect running their country...they want a democratic, sectarian government. Just like we have. Who are we to deny them that? Who are we to not assist them in this goal?

It's a massive change. One they've not experienced in years. At one time Libya, and Egypt were vacation destinations with a fervent middle class, top notch education, universities and a happy people. (For that matter, so was Afghanistan) They want that life back.

There's going to be hiccups along the way. There already are. But I repeat - we must help them reach their goal.

(This is probably the most succinct view of the middle east I've written on here. I hope y'all will understand why I support our government's future goals in these three nations.)

Respectfully brother .. this is the result of your beliefs ..

Libya on the Brink of Chaos
excerpt

Foreign Policy says conditions for ordinary Libyans haven’t improved since the revolution—crumbling schools, filthy hospitals, endemic corruption and pollution of the coastline breed public discontent toward the government.

And Libya’s oil industry, once a tightly run stalwart of supply to Europe, is in danger of joining the ranks of those in countries where industries are marred by unrest, theft or corruption, as The Wall Street Journal’s Benoit Faucon explains.

Strikes by security guards in eastern and central Libyan ports that started at the end of July have effectively shut down oil shipments. Storage facilities have filled with crude, crimping any new production. Libya’s output fell in the first half of August to about one-third the highs reached last summer.

Foreign companies operating in Libya are feeling the burn. OMV, Eni and BG Group are among those with exposure to Libya.

Though the port closures were started by workers demanding the payment of wages owed as well as higher wages or more jobs, Libyan officials say the situation there is now turning into an occupation and that the armed guards are trying to sell oil without government approval.

A major international commodities trading house apparently recently received an offer to purchase oil outside official channels.

The Libyan government is infuriated, threatening to “bomb from the air and sea” any tanker illicitly taking oil out of the country.

This remarkable video, posted by the Libyan Navy Special Forces, shows how serious that threat is. Unverified it may be, but it appears to show shots being fired at an unauthorized tanker outside Es Sider, the country’s largest oil terminal.
http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2013/08/23/libya-on-the-brink-of-chaos/

It is no different than republicans who supported the invasion of Iraq.

Perpetual war .. authored by democrats.

Respectfully brother .. this is the result of your beliefs ..

Libya on the Brink of Chaos
excerpt

Foreign Policy says conditions for ordinary Libyans haven’t improved since the revolution—crumbling schools, filthy hospitals, endemic corruption and pollution of the coastline breed public discontent toward the government.

And Libya’s oil industry, once a tightly run stalwart of supply to Europe, is in danger of joining the ranks of those in countries where industries are marred by unrest, theft or corruption, as The Wall Street Journal’s Benoit Faucon explains.

Strikes by security guards in eastern and central Libyan ports that started at the end of July have effectively shut down oil shipments. Storage facilities have filled with crude, crimping any new production. Libya’s output fell in the first half of August to about one-third the highs reached last summer.

Foreign companies operating in Libya are feeling the burn. OMV, Eni and BG Group are among those with exposure to Libya.

Though the port closures were started by workers demanding the payment of wages owed as well as higher wages or more jobs, Libyan officials say the situation there is now turning into an occupation and that the armed guards are trying to sell oil without government approval.

A major international commodities trading house apparently recently received an offer to purchase oil outside official channels.

The Libyan government is infuriated, threatening to “bomb from the air and sea” any tanker illicitly taking oil out of the country.

This remarkable video, posted by the Libyan Navy Special Forces, shows how serious that threat is. Unverified it may be, but it appears to show shots being fired at an unauthorized tanker outside Es Sider, the country’s largest oil terminal.
http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2013/08/23/libya-on-the-brink-of-chaos/

It is no different than republicans who supported the invasion of Iraq.

Perpetual war .. authored by democrats.

How many years did the American Revolutionary period last?

Russia’s Foreign Ministry called on the Syrian government and opposition leaders Friday to allow a U.N. team to investigate a suspected chemical weapons attack that President Obama said could threaten the “core national interests” of the United States.

The public statement by Russia, Syria’s most stalwart ally, could add considerable weight to international calls to determine exactly what happened in the Damascus suburbs this week to cause the death of scores — perhaps hundreds — of civilians

Access in Syria it is extremely difficult because of fighting, because of security concerns and also because of groups with checkpoints, on both sides,” said Samar El Kadi, a spokeswoman for the International Committee of the Red Cross in Lebanon. “In order to access Eastern Ghouta, it’s not a matter of permission; it’s a matter of coordination between the different groups on the ground. It takes time.”

On Wednesday, an effort by members of the U.N. Security Council to demand an investigation was stymied, in part, by Russian resistance. But Russia’s Foreign Ministry said Friday that Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and U.S. Secretary of State John F. Kerry spoke by phone Thursday and agreed that it is a matter of “general interest” to conduct an impartial investigation into the allegation

Immediately upon receipt of relevant information, the Russian side called on the government of Syria to cooperate with the U.N. chemical experts,” the Foreign Ministry statement said. “The task now for the opposition is to provide secure access to the proposed site of the incident.”

The statement also said Russia is seeking “constructive progress from the opposition in regard to the early convening of an international conference on the political settlement of the Syrian crisis
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...ba6e-0be2-11e3-8974-f97ab3b3c677_story_1.html

some stated reluctance by Obama(CNN Interview) - good; even as Susan Rice is chomping at the bit (source NBC Nightly News)
If we must get sucked in, get sucked in on a true perspective , at least

Not sure what that has to do with attacking and destroying small nations for resources.

We were not attacked for cotton.

This has nothing to do with resources. I thought you read my previous post?

This has to do with the people of these nations wanting freedom from political and religious tyranny. Sound familiar?

Back