Survivalism: harmless hobby or paranoid fear?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date

Are survivalists kidding themselves?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
I think I admitted it. It was you who stayed focused on only one portion of my statement. I am not avoiding using the word survivalist. I just think that is a misnomer. We all want to survive. But few actually prepare for disastors. So the word "preppers" is more accurate.

Is it?

Mocking? How so?
Care to explain how some beans and bottled water combined with guns n' ammo will stave off a world-ending event?
Mocking. Oddly enough in a post where you claim not to be mocking.

Anyway. If we have another near extinction event before we are technologically ready to deal with it these are the people who will survive, because they prepared for it while we did not. They will be prepared to hunt, to protect what is theirs. Most will not be ready, some few of those will survive, but the higher percentage of survivors will be among those who prepared.

Not only are they harmless, they are also necessary if a little odd to those of us who are not preparing.

Mocking. Oddly enough in a post where you claim not to be mocking. Anyway. If we have another near extinction event before we are technologically ready to deal with it these are the people who will survive, because they prepared for it while we did not. They will be prepared to hunt, to protect what is theirs. Most will not be ready, some few of those will survive, but the higher percentage of survivors will be among those who prepared. Not only are they harmless, they are also necessary if a little odd to those of us who are not preparing.

You've convinced me.

Back