Sushi

Do you love sushi?

• Yes

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • I don't sleep with it every night though...

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
You know, I'm reading "The Nameless City" right now, and as I read it, I can't help but think of how fast I would run out of that place if by some chance I should randomly find myself at the current place the character is in (I would never, of course, have stupidly gone as far as he has; I would pretty much have had to be drugged and brought in there). However, I think I would flee from Detroit faster yet. Detroit is basically a Lovecraftian monstrosity.

Yeah, in Seattle and Boston it's all about expensive sushi bars and resturaunts. Of couse flyover cities would turn it into fast food. I don't eat the sushi, but I do drink the martinis.

Billy, they sell that same Sushi at the 7-11 in the local gang neighborhood near my work. Not kidding.

sushi is a good escape, when you want to wander bout the city and have alcohol at a rather nice restaurant. I dont have cravings for it though. it's good a few times a year
That's kinda how I like Sushi. Like on a nice summer day with a refreshing pilsner. It's a nice treat.

Some sushi tastes good, most tastes like raw fish and spinach. I use it as a wasabi delivery device more than I eat it for flavor.

Very not, but it is an easy way for poor people to think they are eating exotic.
I remember my wife and I making Sushi for a family get together. Keep in mind that much of my extended family are working class people from the rural west part of the State. So we made Cali rolls, spicy tuna rolls and some yellow fin and Alaskan salmon nigiri.

When we set the platters down on the table at my sisters place everyone gathered around the table and looked at it and kinda turned green in the face. So I took a piece, put a little wasabi on it and dipped it in a little soy sauce and ate it. So then they start trying it and it was hillarious. They'd start out by putting about a tablespoon of wasabi on it and then drowning it in soy sauce and popping in their mouth while trying not to look like they were going to puke. Then they'd get this "hey this aint bad" look on their faces. They ended up eating both platters. Even after we ran out of wasabi.

I remember my wife and I making Sushi for a family get together. Keep in mind that much of my extended family are working class people from the rural west part of the State. So we made Cali rolls, spicy tuna rolls and some yellow fin and Alaskan salmon nigiri.

When we set the platters down on the table at my sisters place everyone gathered around the table and looked at it and kinda turned green in the face. So I took a piece, put a little wasabi on it and dipped it in a little soy sauce and ate it. So then they start trying it and it was hillarious. They'd start out by putting about a tablespoon of wasabi on it and then drowning it in soy sauce and popping in their mouth while trying not to look like they were going to puke. Then they'd get this "hey this aint bad" look on their faces. They ended up eating both platters. Even after we ran out of wasabi.

I'm sure being Ohioans they would have been just as impressed by Fancy Feast.

Back