Syracuse Woman Spits in Soldier's Face...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
As if the descriptive analogy of Viet Nam were not enough...

The Syracuse Post Standard Archived Article

Woman accused of spitting in soldier's face
A Syracuse woman was charged after a Fort Drum soldier accused her of spitting on him without provocation at Hancock International Airport, Syracuse police said.

Lauren Maggi, 35, of 256 Thurber St., was charged with second-degree harassment after the Nov. 22 incident, according to a police report.

Jason Jones, 21, told police a woman he did not know walked up to him near the United Airlines ticket counter, asked him if he was a Fort Drum solider and, when he responded that he was, spat in his face.

A second soldier on the scene supported Jones’ accusation, police said. Maggi offered no explanation for her conduct, police said. She could not be reached for comment tonight.

As if the descriptive analogy of Viet Nam were not enough...

The Syracuse Post Standard Archived Article

Woman accused of spitting in soldier's face
A Syracuse woman was charged after a Fort Drum soldier accused her of spitting on him without provocation at Hancock International Airport, Syracuse police said.

Lauren Maggi, 35, of 256 Thurber St., was charged with second-degree harassment after the Nov. 22 incident, according to a police report.

Jason Jones, 21, told police a woman he did not know walked up to him near the United Airlines ticket counter, asked him if he was a Fort Drum solider and, when he responded that he was, spat in his face.

A second soldier on the scene supported Jones’ accusation, police said. Maggi offered no explanation for her conduct, police said. She could not be reached for comment tonight.

well if i was in that line also, i would probably be in jail right now

I got over wanting to beat peoples heads in over their own stupidity many years ago. Pity the fools.
Perhpas this woman had just lost a son, father, etc in the War ? I dunno at this point and the article apparently does not either.

I got over wanting to beat peoples heads in over their own stupidity many years ago. Pity the fools.
Perhpas this woman had just lost a son, father, etc in the War ? I dunno at this point and the article apparently does not either.

its not that i would want hurt her, but i would definitly let her know what i think of her actions in the strongest way i could.

i highly doubt that she had lost someone in the war and would act like that, but i could be wrong, i mean there are people out there like that, cindy sheehan is probably one of em, but they arnt the only ones who have had too pay the ultimite sacerfice.

We just don't know enough facts yet. It is a despicable act all right, but the story is clearly sensationalistic in nature at this point.
Need the facts, and one spitter does not a movement make.

We just don't know enough facts yet. It is a despicable act all right, but the story is clearly sensationalistic in nature at this point.
Need the facts, and one spitter does not a movement make.

little to no excuse IMO...

Agreed. No need to explain it to me, I cam home from Nam towards the end of the other war that was not a war, we were bringing them democracy as well, or so we were told ;)

its not that i would want hurt her, but i would definitly let her know what i think of her actions in the strongest way i could.

i highly doubt that she had lost someone in the war and would act like that, but i could be wrong, i mean there are people out there like that, cindy sheehan is probably one of em, but they arnt the only ones who have had too pay the ultimite sacerfice.

Cindy Sheehan is a pacifist and would not spit in anyone's face. She is a very sweet and warm lady, whom I've been lucky enough to not only meet, but to work with on several occasions.

Cindy Sheehan is a pacifist and would not spit in anyone's face. She is a very sweet and warm lady, whom I've been lucky enough to not only meet, but to work with on several occasions.

well from what i have read and seen, see is more of an activist then a pasifist, she was an acticivst before her son died. but thoes are just my observasions... i am sure she is a nice person. but i havent ever meet her, and not so sure i would want too

ya... ture.... would a pasifist spit on a soldier's face ?
Yes. Some would. It's like pretending that all people are perfect examples of what they believe. People are a mixture of, usually unrealized, contradiction. This person likely thought that they were a Patriot while spitting in that soldier's face. That the one young man represented decisions by an Administration that they didn't agree with for whatever reason.

Saying that no pacifist would excrete saliva in the direction of somebody is a bit ridiculous. Would a Christian judge?

As Damo said, perhaps, people are a mess.
On the activist pacifist thing, that was for Sheehan, not the person illustrated in this thread. that woman is a mess for some reason and is definately an activist of some sort.

well from what i have read and seen, see is more of an activist then a pasifist, she was an acticivst before her son died. but thoes are just my observasions... i am sure she is a nice person. but i havent ever meet her, and not so sure i would want too

bob...you realize, do you not, that active is the opposite of passive..... which is not the same word as pacifist. "Passive" comes from the latin passivus which means "submissive". "Pacifist" comes from the latin pacificare which means "to make peace".

An effective pacifist must be an activist.

who said this alleged spitter was a "pacifist"?

There's not even any evidence it was politically motivated. She could be a crazy old loon. Reports on the internets say this woman has a criminal record involving child endangerment and someting to do with illegal guns.

There's not even any evidence it was politically motivated. She could be a crazy old loon. Reports on the internets say this woman has a criminal record involving child endangerment and someting to do with illegal guns.

Just as I posted earlier, this initial post on the "spitting viper" incident was just for sensationalistic purposes.
:) Just thought I would add a little bit more sensationalism there.

well i dont recall calling her a pasifist, that came up in conversation about cindy sheehan or what ever her name is. infact i dont think i labled her at all

bob...you realize, do you not, that active is the opposite of passive..... which is not the same word as pacifist. "Passive" comes from the latin passivus which means "submissive". "Pacifist" comes from the latin pacificare which means "to make peace".

An effective pacifist must be an activist.

well i guess depends on what is ment by effective. you could be an effective pasifist without being an activist, it all depends...

Back