Syracuse Woman Spits in Soldier's Face...

Sorry there is...

absolutely no justification for "spitting" in someones face...the soldier should have 'Bitch slapped" her...This happened to me back in 1968 in front of Ft.Ord California...needless to say the fool found himself on the ground and his tie dyed T shirt got a little bloody! I'm with Jesus on this one...'turn the other cheek'...the other persons that is!!!

Yes. Some would. It's like pretending that all people are perfect examples of what they believe. People are a mixture of, usually unrealized, contradiction. This person likely thought that they were a Patriot while spitting in that soldier's face. That the one young man represented decisions by an Administration that they didn't agree with for whatever reason.

Saying that no pacifist would excrete saliva in the direction of somebody is a bit ridiculous. Would a Christian judge?

Excuse me...I said that I have met her and worked with her and that SHE WOULD NOT SPIT IN ANYONE'S FACE.

This Bob, who has never met her, made the claim that she "probably would".

But of course, that doesn't strike you as ridiculous.

well from what i have read and seen, see is more of an activist then a pasifist, she was an acticivst before her son died. but thoes are just my observasions... i am sure she is a nice person. but i havent ever meet her, and not so sure i would want too

I don't believe she was an activist before her son died. I also don't think it's an important point...but I don't believe it.

A pacifist is someone committed to non-violence, not someone committed to being a coach potato. There is no contradiction in being a pacifist and an activist. Our most famous pacifists were all activists. Or you wouldn't have heard their names!

One of them you almost defintely have heard...we're celebrating him this coming week in fact.

bob...you realize, do you not, that active is the opposite of passive..... which is not the same word as pacifist. "Passive" comes from the latin passivus which means "submissive". "Pacifist" comes from the latin pacificare which means "to make peace".

An effective pacifist must be an activist.

Oh...you said it better!

Isn't it cute how all the liberals seem to have to say, is how this was an isolated thing, it had nothing whatsoever to do with Cindy Sheehan or the leftist anti-war sentiment in this country! She was just mentally disturbed or something... maybe her son had just died... (oh, the irony there!)

They will come to know the generation of the aughts, as the new and improved hippies, or hippie-lite. All the outrage and indignation of the original hippies, but without the unpleasant stigmas. More Outrage! -- Less Stigma!

What happened to this soldier, is familiar to us all, I predicted this would happen and we would hear about it. I also predicted people like Maine would make up excuses and reasons to disassociate himself with it, and act outraged by it.

Isn't it cute how all the liberals seem to have to say, is how this was an isolated thing, it had nothing whatsoever to do with Cindy Sheehan or the leftist anti-war sentiment in this country! She was just mentally disturbed or something... maybe her son had just died... (oh, the irony there!)

They will come to know the generation of the aughts, as the new and improved hippies, or hippie-lite. All the outrage and indignation of the original hippies, but without the unpleasant stigmas. More Outrage! -- Less Stigma!

What happened to this soldier, is familiar to us all, I predicted this would happen and we would hear about it. I also predicted people like Maine would make up excuses and reasons to disassociate himself with it, and act outraged by it.
Some prediction. Whoopee. In similar wise, I predict:

That a couple of hundred people will be hit by lightning this upcoming year.

That it will rain tomorrow, somewhere.

That American cons will bitch about American liberals, and anyone else who doesn't believe in military solutions to all problems.

Your gross over-generalizations about anti-war activists are of interest only to psychologists, Dixie. I suggest you go see one: I'm sure that he or she would be fascinated.

Excuse me...I said that I have met her and worked with her and that SHE WOULD NOT SPIT IN ANYONE'S FACE.

Boy you really have Damo's number don't you? It seems to me that in his post he was referring to the dizzy broad in the airport, I don't see a word about Cindy Sheehan in there. Honestly, I think you have a crush on Damocles.:whome:

I didn't say she would. I wasn't talking to you. I answered the one guy's post specifically. We do know that at some point many "peacenicks" did exactly that. Cindy seems sad to me. I think her grief was short-circuited and used for a time by the left...

Boy you really have Damo's number don't you? It seems to me that in his post he was referring to the dizzy broad in the airport, I don't see a word about Cindy Sheehan in there. Honestly, I think you have a crush on Damocles.:whome:
LOL. I guess I didn't have to say anything... Darla has a gift of assuming things about my posts that aren't there, and never were. It creates some excitement usually. :D

I like her. She's good people who really cares about her beliefs... even if I think they are somewhat misguided.

It's easy to say "Darla must have thought this, and Darla gets confused about that". Or, it would be, if we couldn't go back and follow the original posts:

Darla: Cindy Sheehan is a pacifist and would not spit in anyone's face. She is a very sweet and warm lady, whom I've been lucky enough to not only meet, but to work with on several occasions.

Bob: IN DIRECT RESPONSE TO ABOVE DARLA COMMENT ABOUT...THAT'S RIGHT! CINDY SHEEHAN well from what i have read and seen, see is more of an activist then a pasifist, she was an acticivst before her son died. but thoes are just my observasions... i am sure she is a nice person. but i havent ever meet her, and not so sure i would want too

Usc: a pont there Bob, perhaps an active pacifist ?

Bob:ya... ture.... would a pasifist spit on a soldier's face ?

Damo: Yes. Some would. It's like pretending that all people are perfect examples of what they believe. People are a mixture of, usually unrealized, contradiction. This person likely thought that they were a Patriot while spitting in that soldier's face. That the one young man represented decisions by an Administration that they didn't agree with for whatever reason.

Saying that no pacifist would excrete saliva in the direction of somebody is a bit ridiculous. Would a Christian judge?

I truly would like to see, Beefy or Damo point out where, in the above exchange, the 'she" in question turned from Sheehan, to someone else.

Truly, because they wrote the history books they have managed to convince most of the world that they conquered that world. Yet, as we can see, they cannot even follow a conversation on a message board!

So, men were the driving forces behind history, or, the books were cooked? I report, you decide.

LOL. I guess I didn't have to say anything... Darla has a gift of assuming things about my posts that aren't there, and never were. It creates some excitement usually. :D

I like her. She's good people who really cares about her beliefs... even if I think they are somewhat misguided.

Darla has "a gift" for reading comprehension. She remains, perhaps naively so, convinced that one day, you and Beefy will share this gift.

I didn't say she would. I wasn't talking to you. I answered the one guy's post specifically. We do know that at some point many "peacenicks" did exactly that. Cindy seems sad to me. I think her grief was short-circuited and used for a time by the left...

Ok, your gender difficulties with reading (which really qualify as handicaps, and so I should be softer on you about them) aside, this pisses me off.

You find her sad Damo? You think her grief was "used" by the left? Would you think that if she were a man? Do you believe that Michael Berg, the father of Nick Berg (the first young man publically beheaded in Iraq) is "sad"? That he is being "used"?

I know that now that I have mentioned him, you will claim that you do. But I don't believe that you originally thought of him that way. This is unconcious sexism.

But neither of them are "sad" Damo. Cindy is a very passionate woman, who holds her beliefs very strongy and very dearly. You do her a terrible disservice with your patronizing, and paternal, dismissal of both her intellect, and her passion.

And though Michael Berg, can bring me to tears, he is an amazing, not a sad, man. I could never react the way he did to what happened to him. I know that. Neither my heart nor my soul are that beautiful.

who said this alleged spitter was a "pacifist"?

There's not even any evidence it was politically motivated. She could be a crazy old loon. Reports on the internets say this woman has a criminal record involving child endangerment and someting to do with illegal guns.

Nobody said she was a pacifist. They're getting confused between her and Cindy Sheehan. They no longer know who in f they are talking about!

This is your sex Cypress. I blame you for this entire thread!

Nobody said she was a pacifist. They're getting confused between her and Cindy Sheehan. They no longer know who in f they are talking about!

This is your sex Cypress. I blame you for this entire thread!

lol, well i dont know how it got to this but anyway, the lady who spat on the soldier is disgusting... i am sure cindy is a vary nice person, the last thing we need to do is call her names, and we all will have our own preception of diffrent people always. pacifist and activist ..well they are what they are, and what you belive isnt always what dirves decissions we make.

well i guess depends on what is ment by effective. you could be an effective pasifist without being an activist, it all depends...

how can one be effective at "making peace" if one is not active? THe mere use of the word "making" implies action.

the point was.... the word pacifist does not come from the same root word as does passive... Which is the antonym of active.

But rather than just admit you misspoke, you'll obfuscate. Why am I not surprised?

LOL, just like the Repubs say the Duke Cunningham thing was an isolated thing as well ;)
This article was released for emotional impact.
And many are being strung along with it :)
Play your own game not the one others are wanting you to play.

Besides I think the woman is a registered Republican :D

Back