Syracuse Woman Spits in Soldier's Face...

how can one be effective at "making peace" if one is not active? THe mere use of the word "making" implies action.

the point was.... the word pacifist does not come from the same root word as does passive... Which is the antonym of active.

But rather than just admit you misspoke, you'll obfuscate. Why am I not surprised?

no.. i think i know what your getting at... and i am just saing that a pacifist dosnt have to be an activist to be effective...now we wernt suspific on what they were to be effective at, being an effictive pasifict dosnt require that you also be an activist, as far as making peace, well anyone who is tring to "make somthing happen" then yes they would have to be an activist

lol, well i dont know how it got to this but anyway, the lady who spat on the soldier is disgusting... i am sure cindy is a vary nice person, the last thing we need to do is call her names, and we all will have our own preception of diffrent people always. pacifist and activist ..well they are what they are, and what you belive isnt always what dirves decissions we make.

I have to say, you should congratulated because you did seem to keep straight who was whom throughout the thread. lol

I agree with your post here though. Nice thoughts.

It's easy to say "Darla must have thought this, and Darla gets confused about that". Or, it would be, if we couldn't go back and follow the original posts:

Darla: Cindy Sheehan is a pacifist and would not spit in anyone's face. She is a very sweet and warm lady, whom I've been lucky enough to not only meet, but to work with on several occasions.

Bob: IN DIRECT RESPONSE TO ABOVE DARLA COMMENT ABOUT...THAT'S RIGHT! CINDY SHEEHAN well from what i have read and seen, see is more of an activist then a pasifist, she was an acticivst before her son died. but thoes are just my observasions... i am sure she is a nice person. but i havent ever meet her, and not so sure i would want too

Usc: a pont there Bob, perhaps an active pacifist ?

Bob:ya... ture.... would a pasifist spit on a soldier's face ?

Damo: Yes. Some would. It's like pretending that all people are perfect examples of what they believe. People are a mixture of, usually unrealized, contradiction. This person likely thought that they were a Patriot while spitting in that soldier's face. That the one young man represented decisions by an Administration that they didn't agree with for whatever reason.

Saying that no pacifist would excrete saliva in the direction of somebody is a bit ridiculous. Would a Christian judge?
Once again. bob says that Cindy is nice, then says she is an activist. Then you attempt to make that mean I said Cindy spit in somebody's face? You really are stretching here. I said that some "pacifists" would, I mean it. You continue to stretch my meanings all out of proportion and context without regard to what I actually say or whom I am speaking with.

It's fun... but really.

Once again. bob says that Cindy is nice, then says she is an activist. Then you attempt to make that mean I said Cindy spit in somebody's face? You really are stretching here. I said that some "pacifists" would, I mean it. You continue to stretch my meanings all out of proportion and context without regard to what I actually say or whom I am speaking with.

It's fun... but really.

The point is, that i never said that "no pacifist" would "never' do anything. You said that, not me. I'm not trying to claim that you said that Cindy would spit in somebody's face.

I f'ing forgot what I was claiming ok? Because I was in the mall since 8 am, finally finished my xmas shopping and just drank several glasses of bailys. I have no idea what you're saying when I'm sober, so I have a zero chance of following you now. And yes, I am the kind of lightweight who does get drunk on bailys, ok?

But I know, that anyone who is totally sober, and followed this thread, would be able to pinpoint at least 3 spots where you completely changed your story. And that's why I never know what in hell you are talking about, ok? And it's not me Damo, because even now, I know i never tried to claim you said that about Cindy Sheehan. I don't even know where you get this stuff from.

The point is, that i never said that "no pacifist" would "never' do anything. You said that, not me. I'm not trying to claim that you said that Cindy would spit in somebody's face.

I f'ing forgot what I was claiming ok? Because I was in the mall since 8 am, finally finished my xmas shopping and just drank several glasses of bailys. I have no idea what you're saying when I'm sober, so I have a zero chance of following you now. And yes, I am the kind of lightweight who does get drunk on bailys, ok?

But I know, that anyone who is totally sober, and followed this thread, would be able to pinpoint at least 3 spots where you completely changed your story. And that's why I never know what in hell you are talking about, ok? And it's not me Damo, because even now, I know i never tried to claim you said that about Cindy Sheehan. I don't even know where you get this stuff from.

Your crush is showing again.:pke:

well this is all my fault.. i probably should have never brought up cindy in this thread, after all, this relly dosnt have anything to do with cindy

well this is all my fault.. i probably should have never brought up cindy in this thread, after all, this relly dosnt have anything to do with cindy

It's not your fault Bob... I never know what Damo is talking about.

Don't feel badly, this happens all the time. He still likes me. He sends me PMs all the time telling me, "ohh I wouldn't want to say this on the board, but you're by far the smartest, wittiest poster on my board."

All true.

LOL

I didn't say that, and once again, the world doesn't revolve around you. I wasn't speaking to you. I answered one question specifically, and I believe accurately. I was not speaking of Cindy Sheehan, point of fact here, I wasn't speaking of any person specifically. You chose to read something into my statement that wasn't there because you wanted it to be there. You suspected that I would think that way and began to argue what you suspect rather than what you read.

Simply. I wasn't talking about her. I answered one question about pacifists and spit and the likelihood of whether a pacifist might spit in somebody's face and the reason that I believe that they might. Cindy's name never came up, you just made up some meaning that simply wasn't there for no reason other than you wanted it to be there.

It's not like I would even suggest that she would... I have no feelings at all other than sadness for Cindy. Especially seeing that picture of her all alone at her book signing with nobody around sitting dejected and looking so very sad. I can't judge her, I don't want to, I never have judged Cindy. I'd like you to see what I have said about her other than sympathetic, but there really isn't anything other than sympathy that I have to offer her.

You constantly attempt to find some odd thing in a post about something entirely different, make suggestions about what I have stated about that odd thing that wasn't there, then attempt to make me into a monster over it. You have failed once again, jumping the gun is a standard for you. It's what makes you so lovable and such an asset to the board.

Don't change, it's interesting to learn more about your thoughts as you express them.

It's not your fault Bob... I never know what Damo is talking about.

Don't feel badly, this happens all the time. He still likes me. He sends me PMs all the time telling me, "ohh I wouldn't want to say this on the board, but you're by far the smartest, wittiest poster on my board."

All true.

LOL
LOL. Nah, I put that right out there for all to see... :D

Back