Tea Party Sustainability

Beefy

Worst gambler ever
Back in 2008, Ron Paul launched his "Tea Party" fundraiser and raised more than any other candidate in in the whole race for a single day.

The Tea Party is born.

The housing market bubbles. Major financial institutions collapse. Bush and his minions rush through TARP. Tea party remains waits until a Democrat takes office to care.

Obama wins an easy race against and old, grumpy, cranky fart that made the GOP's selection of '96 look like a spring chicken. Sarah Palin emerges as a hero.

Obama takes office.

The economy is a piece of shit, Obama and congress rain another $750+billion on the parade.

The economy continues to suck.

Tea Party gets pissed off and throws out the garbage. Its a success. Many incumbents are voted out of the general, new blood is put in. A big "Fuck you!" to congress. And indeed, if any institution needed a "Fuck You!", it was congress.

So now, we have all these new guys in office. This fresh blood. And now the activists cant get together anymore.

The fiscal conservative libertarian minded are being affronted by the fiscal conservative religious fanatics who think Jesus likes to torture people, and common ground on the only non-fantasy issue they have in common is lost.

I see this thing fragmenting by the next congressional election in 2 years, and going the way of Perot's "Reform" party by 2014.

Mark my words.

Marked!

I say you're wrong. There will be a more cohesive and organized Tea Party movement by 2012, and it will have the face of legitimacy, with more viable candidates, a more concise message, and resounding support from all conservatives and anyone else who isn't a Communist Marxist. The loose confederation of special interest groups that make up the Democrat party, will continue to splinter and fracture, as the 'ice cream' runs out, and they realize the promises Obama made, will not be met. You are already seeing the far left become angry and feeling betrayed, and he has completely lost the independent voters. It's falling apart rapidly, as people come to the realization this guy doesn't have a clue how to run the country.

The Tea Party was raided as a tool by the Republican party base that has always existed to make it seem like they had some kind of populist rabble-rousing appeal. That's why we shouldn't ever deal with any conservative in the future - it is their nature to betray and do evil things. Conservatives belong in front of firing squads, not at the negotiating table.

Tea Party gets pissed off and throws out the garbage. Its a success. Many incumbents are voted out of the general, new blood is put in. A big "Fuck you!" to congress. And indeed, if any institution needed a "Fuck You!", it was congress.
More incumbents lost in the 2006/2008 election cycle. Anyway, every Republican should be counted as an incumbent because they're all the same. They are one huge, ever plotting mass of pure evil that wants to destroy America and freedom.

Back in 2008, Ron Paul launched his "Tea Party" fundraiser and raised more than any other candidate in in the whole race for a single day.

The Tea Party is born.

The housing market bubbles. Major financial institutions collapse. Bush and his minions rush through TARP. Tea party remains waits until a Democrat takes office to care.

Obama wins an easy race against and old, grumpy, cranky fart that made the GOP's selection of '96 look like a spring chicken. Sarah Palin emerges as a hero.

Obama takes office.

The economy is a piece of shit, Obama and congress rain another $750+billion on the parade.

So now, we have all these new guys in office. This fresh blood. And now the activists cant get together anymore.

The fiscal conservative libertarian minded are being affronted by the fiscal conservative religious fanatics who think Jesus likes to torture people, and common ground on the only non-fantasy issue they have in common is lost.

I see this thing fragmenting by the next congressional election in 2 years, and going the way of Perot's "Reform" party by 2014.

Mark my words.
I don't think it will last even that long. Look at the constituency. Old, white, male and rural. The Tea party is primarily a reaction to a young urban black man being elected President. That's not to imply that they are racist (though there is certainly that element) so much as it is a disconnect between rural and urban centers of population. The Tea Party has all ready shown all the signs of being co-opted by the "main stream" Republican party. I don't think it will survive past 2012 primarily cause it would hinder the election of a Republican candidate as POTUS.

Last edited:
It's not going to take much to get rid of Obama. I bet that peice of crap McCain could win against him at this point.

Tea Party or not.

People are waking up to the ills of big gov't.

The Tea Party is born.

Obama takes office.

Mark my words.
Clever post...disingenuous, but clever...

TARP. Tea party remains waits until a Democrat takes office to care.?

It was 2 months before Bush left office ...hardly enough time for non-politician grass roots civilians to grasp what TARP was all about...

Sarah Palin emerges as a hero. ?

Palin and her entire family emerged beaten and humiliated by the worst show of liberal character assassination in concert with liberal media seen in decades....it is only by her own strength she has rehabilitated her image in the eyes of the nation.

That said, I agree that the sustainability of the Tea Party is questionable and remains to be seen.

It's not going to take much to get rid of Obama. I bet that peice of crap McCain could win against him at this point.

Tea Party or not.

The only advantage to having McCain in office would be the fuel savings on Air Force One....and actually have a warm body IN the oval office and not on TV on a daily basis....

The only advantage to having McCain in office would be the fuel savings on Air Force One....and actually have a warm body IN the oval office and not on TV on a daily basis....

"warm body?"

Are you saying, "McCain isn't already the walking dead?":confused:

you guys are always welcome at my tea party:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTU2He2BIc0"]YouTube - Tea Partay[/ame]

you guys are always welcome at my tea party:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTU2He2BIc0"]YouTube - Tea Partay[/ame]

When the Koch brothers and all their 'foundations' can no longer use the teabaggers to move their corporate take over of the govt, they will pull their support and the tea party will be no more.

Tea Party or not.

Aaah, more simplistic solutions from simple minds.
Why dont you just get rid of your government completely. That would mean all government from national through state to county (do you have county government?). Lets follow it through. Get rid of all authority.
Well, fat yanks would certainly lose weight. No roads and no bridges so you'd do a whole lot of walking. No millie-dairy so anyone could invade and eliminate you (before Sarah Plain does it for you). No police, no firemen, no prisons, no jobs.
Yup, sounds just about what you deserve. Mud tracks and donkeys! Give me a yee-hahhhhhhh! or would that be an Eee-aw?

Just for historical clarification:

1 - THERE IS NO TEA PARTY!!!! There is a movement that reached national proportions with a common theme under the heading of Taxed Enough Already. It is not a political party in any sense of the word. The word "party" taken by the TEA party movement is in reference to a specific act of anti-tax protest that occurred a few years prior to the American Revolution.

2 - the vast majority of those who eventually identified themselves with the TEA party movement opposed TARP from the get go - and large numbers of them said so quite loudly. How convenient to forget this fact under the lie that they did not care until a democrat occupied the WH.

3 - The sustainability of the movement is entirely dependent on the action of the government in the next few years. If the new blood ends up being assimilated by the DC collective, then TEA will continue, but, again, not as a political party as the media and other clueless try to insinuate, but as a generalized banner for many people with a wide variety of diverse political philosophies (yes, even a few democrats and moderate liberals) to gather under to oppose out-of-control government spending, and the resulting justifications for higher taxation.

Tea Party or not.

I have to laugh and disagree, he would beat McCain, again! McCain has destroyed he credibility, he is starting to show signs of alzheimers. He changes his mind almost as often as his underwear!

Just for historical clarification:

1 - THERE IS NO TEA PARTY!!!! There is a movement that reached national proportions with a common theme under the heading of Taxed Enough Already. It is not a political party in any sense of the word. The word "party" taken by the TEA party movement is in reference to a specific act of anti-tax protest that occurred a few years prior to the American Revolution.

2 - the vast majority of those who eventually identified themselves with the TEA party movement opposed TARP from the get go - and large numbers of them said so quite loudly. How convenient to forget this fact under the lie that they did not care until a democrat occupied the WH.

3 - The sustainability of the movement is entirely dependent on the action of the government in the next few years. If the new blood ends up being assimilated by the DC collective, then TEA will continue, but, again, not as a political party as the media and other clueless try to insinuate, but as a generalized banner for many people with a wide variety of diverse political philosophies (yes, even a few democrats and moderate liberals) to gather under to oppose out-of-control government spending, and the resulting justifications for higher taxation.

The tea party opposes the parts of the government that help people and relieve suffering and supports the parts of government that hurt people and cause suffering. Again, this is because the suffering of human beings entertains them. Put the fuckers in front of a firing squad.

Back