Thanksgiving

I'm just glad y ou get to spend time with your neices and nephews! It would be a shame for them to miss out on the "Cool Aunt" experience

And not to mention that at least they have one sane person influencing them. Which I do every chance I get to. And they ask me a lot of questions.

Of course companies say they aren't going to do it, but we've seen so many layoff at Financial Service companies, everyone's on edge at the moment. I'd just hope that some of the VPs I've networked with would look out for me.

Yeah, my friend is at JP Morgan and she gets told she's safe, but she feels the same way.

I hope so too.

And not to mention that at least they have one sane person influencing them. Which I do every chance I get to. And they ask me a lot of questions.

LOL, that sounds so cute!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately I won't have any nieces or nephews before I have a kid.

What is everybody doing?

I'm going to Vermont. My mom remarried almost two years ago, and this is the first year she had to go to Ohio to her new husband's family. She got out of it last year.

So my bf and i were supposed to go skiing with my brother's family, and my other brother and his gf. But then I broke my shoulder and we weren't going to go. But the place looks so beautiful, and my bf isn't so into skiing anyway, so we're going to go and spend thanksgiving there after all. Leaving tomorrow afternoon, as soon as my brother gets out of the office.

Happy Thanksgiving!

After classes get out tomorrow I am driving up to Seattle to be with the family. My sister and brother-in-law will be driving in from Ellensburg (college town of CWU where he got his BA and is working on a Master's - my sister got a position there as a nurse). My brother is a senior in high school, and my mom hinted that I should talk to him about his plans before he does something counterproductive - apparently he is nervous about college and is considering following me into the Guard, except full-time. Its a good job, but he's way smarter than I am...

Should be fun!

I'll b e going to get my 3 big kids and my older brother will be following us up to my in-laws for their big thanksgiving dinner.

It gets bigger every year and this is the first year my brother is coming. My sister and her partner will be there for the 3rd year. Country thanksgiving with more food than you can imagine.

Then friday I am helping my daughter move, and meeting her new b/f. I will try to be nice, but let him know I have guns and a shovel with which to bury his ass if he hurts my baby girl. (mostly kidding)

Then saturday is the Iron Bowl! Football, relatives and beer.

Sunday is taking my 12 year old daughter deer hunting. She has been chattering nonstop about it. She is excited.

Darla, I am so jealous. My ex-in-laws live in Rutland. Absolutely gorgeous up there. And Killington made for great skiing.

I'll b e going to get my 3 big kids and my older brother will be following us up to my in-laws for their big thanksgiving dinner.

It gets bigger every year and this is the first year my brother is coming. My sister and her partner will be there for the 3rd year. Country thanksgiving with more food than you can imagine.

Then friday I am helping my daughter move, and meeting her new b/f. I will try to be nice, but let him know I have guns and a shovel with which to bury his ass if he hurts my baby girl. (mostly kidding)

Then saturday is the Iron Bowl! Football, relatives and beer.

Sunday is taking my 12 year old daughter deer hunting. She has been chattering nonstop about it. She is excited.

Darla, I am so jealous. My ex-in-laws live in Rutland. Absolutely gorgeous up there. And Killington made for great skiing.

For some reason that brought to mind this, Happy Thanksgiving!

http://genderjokes.resourcesforattorneys.com/index.php?entry=entry080212-184855

Rule One:
If you pull into my driveway and honk you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure not picking anything up.

Rule Two:
You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.

Rule Three:
I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose this compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, in order to ensure that your clothes do not, in fact, come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric nail gun and fasten your trousers securely in place to your waist.

Rule Four:
I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilizing a "barrier method" of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate, when it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I will kill you.

Rule Five:
It is usually understood that in order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject is "early."

Rule Six:
I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make you cry.

Rule Seven:
As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process that can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don't you do something useful, like changing the oil in my car?

Rule Eight:
The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter: Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool. Places where there are no parents, policemen, or nuns within eyesight. Places where there is darkness. Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness. Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka -- zipped up to her throat. Movies with a strong romantic or sexual theme are to be avoided; movies which features chain saws are okay. Hockey games are okay. Old folks homes are better.

Rule Nine:
Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a potbellied, balding, middle-aged, dimwitted has-been. But on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, merciless God of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me.

Rule Ten:
Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a chopper coming in over a rice paddy near Hanoi. When my Agent Orange starts acting up, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean the guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into the driveway you should exit your car with both hands in plain sight. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then return to your car -- there is no need for you to come inside. The camouflaged face at the window is mine.

Just down to CT to the in laws this year to eat with like 60 Irish people. I don't think the Irish used birth control back in the 40's and 50's like 12kids per woman. My sides down in Richmond at my sisters mansion. I wanted to go there but I thought I would have to go alone because of scheduling conflicts however I just wasn't paying attention enough and we most definitely could have went.

I know you're all dying to know: I'm going to my boyfriends house on T-day and then my mom's having something on Saturday.

Funny story: I called her today to find out if she needed me to bring anything to the house. She paused and suggested I should just bring frozen shrimp. When I told her I wouldn't mind making a dish, she then proceeds to explain how she doesn't have enough insurance to cover everyone who'll be in her house, so it would be best if I stick to the frozen shrimp. Not even fresh shrimp. Frozen.

LOL! You have a bit of a reputation, do you? :p

We have no family within reasonable travel distance so will be staying home. That's great as we get to spend all that time with the dogs. I still have tons of projects to work on, and my taller half will be watching the unending procession of football games (no races this time of year). I have most of the grocery shopping completed and we'll pig out and relax and just have a good time hanging out together.

LOL! You have a bit of a reputation, do you? :p

We have no family within reasonable travel distance so will be staying home. That's great as we get to spend all that time with the dogs. I still have tons of projects to work on, and my taller half will be watching the unending procession of football games (no races this time of year). I have most of the grocery shopping completed and we'll pig out and relax and just have a good time hanging out together.

Yeah, I have just a tad of a reputation.

Hey, we got a new foster dog. She's a sweet sweet beagle (As I'm talking about how sweet she is, she's barking in the background.) Anyway, I want to get h er to go to the bathroom as soon as we get outside, but she never goes, however, she doesn't go inside the house either. Unless she's got a secret stash of shit she's hidden away, I don't know when this dog goes to the bathroom. Any tips?

Hey, we got a new foster dog. She's a sweet sweet beagle (As I'm talking about how sweet she is, she's barking in the background.) Anyway, I want to get h er to go to the bathroom as soon as we get outside, but she never goes, however, she doesn't go inside the house either. Unless she's got a secret stash of shit she's hidden away, I don't know when this dog goes to the bathroom. Any tips?

She may be shy about being watched when she shits. I have had two dogs (one was especially particulr) who wouldn't shit if I was looking their way.

Well, you know what beagles are like. She's probably just doing her bidness when she sneaks out of the house, in the middle of the night, for a crafty cigarette.

Well, you know what beagles are like. She's probably just doing her bidness when she sneaks out of the house, in the middle of the night, for a crafty cigarette.
Or when she's pretending to fly her Sopwith Camel in WWI against the Red Baron.

I have noticed an increase in cigarette buds lately

Back