The Best Hand Sanitizer.

overkill

Banned
Getting the best hand sanitizer is difficult to do. Why? Because of all of the jerkoffs making hand sanitizer! As you probably know, finding rubbing alcohol that is 91% or better is difficult to do. If you could find it, all you would need to do is get one of those little spray bottles and fill it with the stuff. Then if you feel the need, spray some on your hands and rub it around a little. Job done. And it evaporates quickly. Also, look at that watery, soapy crap they make available when you go into Wal Mart or places like that. you pull out a sheet of it and use it. Then you need a dry towel to dry it off! Now if you had some alcohol spray, just spray some of that on the shopping cart handle. Again, it dries quickly.

Getting the best hand sanitizer is difficult to do. Why? Because of all of the jerkoffs making hand sanitizer! As you probably know, finding rubbing alcohol that is 91% or better is difficult to do. If you could find it, all you would need to do is get one of those little spray bottles and fill it with the stuff. Then if you feel the need, spray some on your hands and rub it around a little. Job done. And it evaporates quickly. Also, look at that watery, soapy crap they make available when you go into Wal Mart or places like that. you pull out a sheet of it and use it. Then you need a dry towel to dry it off! Now if you had some alcohol spray, just spray some of that on the shopping cart handle. Again, it dries quickly.

You don't want to use the 90% or more stuff on your skin. That stuff is for disinfecting instruments and tools, 70% is for topical use.

You don't want to use the 90% or more stuff on your skin. That stuff is for disinfecting instruments and tools, 70% is for topical use.

All good points. The topic caught my interest so I looked it up. Soap and water is still best, but spray alcohol and naturally drying is a good second best.

Note the articles on the web page about formulas, usage and price gouging.

https://www.healthline.com/health-n...er-recipes-risks#Hand-sanitizer-price-gouging

Are you kidding? If it was the kind of alcohol you could drink, you could actually drink the stuff. The tissues inside your body are much more sensitive than your skin.

Back when hand sanitizer was still impossible to find, I was in Dollar Tree and found a couple of bottles of this stuff....

s-l1600.jpg

It's an arthritis and sports rub with isopropyl alcohol in it plus some other topical ingredients that make it easier on he skin.

But the alcohol will also kill germs.

For awhile I was putting some into a little spray bottle and taking it with me to the store etc. until sanitizer started appearing again.

One dollar for a 16 oz bottle is not bad.

Are you kidding? If it was the kind of alcohol you could drink, you could actually drink the stuff. The tissues inside your body are much more sensitive than your skin.

It tells you right on the label not to. Skin irritation hazards and the fact you either want to use the stuff outside or in a heavy ventilated area due to fume hazards. Isopropyl is not the same beast as drinking alcohol. It is not a replacement for the alcohol in sanitizers either. You want a good replacement you should just use hydrogen peroxide if you can't use soap and water. I've been dealing in this stuff half my life due to OCD. When COVID came around I just continued on as usual with the only real difference being the inability to get product.

Rubbing alcohol is useless for antibacterial use. The only reason that alcohol works for Covid, is due to the lipid coating on the virus. The alcohol melts this layer, and destroys the virus. I keep alcohol that we got from a distillery when there was no alcohol on the shelves. We bought aloe and made sanitizer that's easy on the hands. The distillery alcohol will kill bacteria. Not that it's necessary for Covid.

I do keep a spray bottle of the alcohol in the my vehicles to be used on gas pumps, or any other surface that I must touch. I keep our sanitizer mixture in every vehicle for when I return from the store.

As soon as I get home, I use soap/water.

It tells you right on the label not to. Skin irritation hazards and the fact you either want to use the stuff outside or in a heavy ventilated area due to fume hazards. Isopropyl is not the same beast as drinking alcohol. It is not a replacement for the alcohol in sanitizers either. You want a good replacement you should just use hydrogen peroxide if you can't use soap and water. I've been dealing in this stuff half my life due to OCD. When COVID came around I just continued on as usual with the only real difference being the inability to get product.

It would be best to use no hand sanitizer at all. But with coronavirus around, you have to use what is convenient when you are out and about. I still say that some strong rubbing alcohol would work the best in that situation.

It would be best to use no hand sanitizer at all. But with coronavirus around, you have to use what is convenient when you are out and about. I still say that some strong rubbing alcohol would work the best in that situation.
Except that it does get tough on the hands if you're using it every day. You could always use aloe gel afterward.

I wouldn't recommend putting hydrochloric acid on your skin. Even at the strength that it is in in your stomach, it would probably be worse than 99% rubbing alcohol.
Agreed. I'm just saying that different parts of your body can tolerate different things. Your skin is like one organ. It has strengths and weaknesses compared to other systems.

Nobody drinks 180 proof liquor

I wouldn't. But I was there when it was done. It was 190 proof everclear. Basically it's the same as moonshine. Some states won't sell the 190 proof stuff. They limit it to 151 proof. I have drank 151 proof rum.

Back when hand sanitizer was still impossible to find, I was in Dollar Tree and found a couple of bottles of this stuff....

s-l1600.jpg

It's an arthritis and sports rub with isopropyl alcohol in it plus some other topical ingredients that make it easier on he skin.

But the alcohol will also kill germs.

For awhile I was putting some into a little spray bottle and taking it with me to the store etc. until sanitizer started appearing again.

One dollar for a 16 oz bottle is not bad.
For Covid, it might not take much alcohol content. Typically, 61% minimum is necessary for bacteria, and it must be grain alcohol. Anything is better than nothing, though.

Back