The best Rock Song Ever!

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
This thread is really intended for Boomers, Gen X and Gen Z. Millennials shouldn’t even bother posting as your generation did it’s fucking best to kill Rock music with your mindless pop, melody less rap and suburban shitkicker music and thus have no credibility. Thank god your kids appreciate Rock Music.

Now that I’m off my soapbox my nomination for best Rock song ever is Led Zeppelin’s eponymous song Rock and Roll. It meets all the qualifications, it’s high energy with a hard driving bass line, an incredible back beat on the drums, a virtuoso lead guitar and with wailing lyrics by one of the best front man ever.

This thread is really intended for Boomers, Gen X and Gen Z. Millennials shouldn’t even bother posting as your generation did it’s fucking best to kill Rock music with your mindless pop, melody less rap and suburban shitkicker music and thus have no credibility. Thank god your kids appreciate Rock Music.

Now that I’m off my soapbox my nomination for best Rock song ever is Led Zeppelin’s eponymous song Rock and Roll. It meets all the qualifications, it’s high energy with a hard driving bass line, an incredible back beat on the drums, a virtuoso lead guitar and with wailing lyrics by one of the best front man ever.

Off one of the best albums, ever!

Well, going by rock and not metal I have a couple. This is one.

What made Aerosmith remarkable is that this tune foresaw rap and spoken word a decade before it even became mainstream - and if one listens to "Toys in the Attic" it is obvious that Aerosmith was an antecedent to grunge music two decades before the Seattle grunge scene found purchase.

If you don't know this song you are either a kid, deaf, or from some developing country.

I recently saw a high school girl with her guitar playing that song over and over for tips down at the harbor.
I hated that song when it first came out. Hard to fathom it has lasted into a third generation

I recently saw a high school girl with her guitar playing that song over and over for tips down at the harbor.
I hated that song when it first came out. Hard to fathom it has lasted into a third generation

I have a soft spot for fight songs and those of overcoming. I do agree it was played to death though.

What made Aerosmith remarkable is that this tune foresaw rap and spoken word a decade before it even became mainstream - and if one listens to "Toys in the Attic" it is obvious that Aerosmith was an antecedent to grunge music two decades before the Seattle grunge scene found purchase.

Again not a best album thread. Please choose your nomination for best Rock song ever.

BTW I think Rocks is their best album.

Because like another great rock song “ Smoke on the water” it’s easy to learn to play and has a catchy hook.

Thanks for the great thread idea, Mott. And wonderful pick for YOUR song. MY pick would be "Johnny B. Goode", by Chuck Berry. I STILL like listening to this one.

Back