The Debate that Matermark lost

Watermarks bitching and moaning

• Total voters
You can't argue against known FACTS! There is NO argumentative point! How can you logically formulate an argument that life begins at any other time after when life is known to begin? It would be like having a debate over when the Declaration of Independence was signed... Mott gets 1776, and Waterhead gets 1895.... who will win that "debate?"

Maybe you people are on a whole different level of stupid than me, but it makes no sense to have a debate over something already known and already a proven fact. There is not anything to debate!!!

It can be debated; because NOT EVERYONE BELEIVES THE SAME, therefore it can be debated. :palm:

You can't argue against known FACTS! There is NO argumentative point!

yes you can retard. You do it all the time.

How can you logically formulate an argument that life begins at any other time after when life is known to begin?

question was when human life starts. If one changes the defination of what it means to be human, one can have a meaningful debate.

There is not anything to debate!!!

EXCLAMATION POINTS MAKE YOUR POINT MORE VALID!!!

I wish the FP database still existed somewhere that we could link to. There's an entire library filled with treasure that I would like to rummage through and browse, and sometimes link to for people to see. So many memories, all lost, because SR is a retard. The only thing good I can say about that quandary is I that JPP wouldn't exist had it not been for his inept administration. Still, I'd like the archives to still be available...

I wish the FP database still existed somewhere that we could link to. There's an entire library filled with treasure that I would like to rummage through and browse, and sometimes link to for people to see. So many memories, all lost, because SR is a retard. The only thing good I can say about that quandary is I that JPP wouldn't exist had it not been for his inept administration. Still, I'd like the archives to still be available...

http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20051210023055/http://www.fullpolitics.com/

As a lot of people admitted I actually had the best opening, and I changed the nature of the debate into a more philosophical one than strictly biological. However, I could not offer a good enough defense of setting the date at birth rather than the much more common position of the beginning of the third trimester, which is when brain waves start forming, a distinctly non-arbitrary point. This would have also allowed me to present a convenient and simple dichotomy between brain death (the point at which brain waves stop) and brain life (the point at which they begin). I couldn't do that because I was arbitrarily forced to defend a point after which brain life begins. All of the non-arbitrary defenses of putting the date at birth that I found I considered to have serious logical flaws, so I just decided to highlight the arbitrariness of it in a positive way, which I still think was the best possible strategy.

Last edited:
Well, I can't seem to do anything with it, but thanks for the link all the same. :clink:

Some of the best moments include: the 1/3 thread, Smeagle's dumbest poster poll, Stirfry trolling Ib1 right before the New Year's shutdown, Grind outing SR and causing the banning of Brent and the last battle for the site's survival, the thread that got hijacked by God, Allah, and Ahura Mazda, threads started by Josef, the triumph of Toby as the most hated and most prolific poster, and so many more memories.

Also, me and Dano screwing around with refresher BB code was epic, as it led to my account getting deleted by SR, and me having to create a couple of new ones.

As a lot of people admitted I actually had the best opening, and I changed the nature of the debate into a more philosophical one than strictly biological. However, I could not offer a good enough defense of setting the date at birth rather than the much more common position of the beginning of the third trimester, which is when brain waves start forming, a distinctly non-arbitrary point. This would have also allowed me to present a convenient and simple dichotomy between brain death (the point at which brain waves stop) and brain life (the point at which they begin). I couldn't do that because I was arbitrarily forced to defend a point after which brain life begins. All of the non-arbitrary defenses of putting the date at birth that I found I considered to have serious logical flaws, so I just decided to highlight the arbitrariness of it in a positive way, which I still think was the best possible strategy.

SHUT THE FUCK UP, ALLREADY!!

Jeeze

You lost a fricking debate, not your life savings. :palm:

There's a lot less dirt on me from FP than from here. Granted, my political views were evolving while I was on the site, so my earlier posts reflect neocon thinking, but aside from that... Yeah, I agree.

I seriously hope this site dies in the next few years and isn't indexed well. Otherwise me and grind are going to have to go on a post nuking spree.

Hey grind, can you delete every post made by one poster from the site?

yes you can retard. You do it all the time.

No, I don't.

question was when human life starts. If one changes the defination of what it means to be human, one can have a meaningful debate.

You can't change biological fact. A human life begins at conception, no other time. You could have debated when a human life is viable as a person, or when it's ethical to terminate human life, those are valid topics of debate, but arguing that life begins at some time other than conception, is idiotic.

EXCLAMATION POINTS MAKE YOUR POINT MORE VALID!!!

I KNOW, WHICH IS WHY I USE THEM!!!

Hardly remember anything at all.

I mostly remember it for the format, the news feed, and the posters who came over to FP. I also remember that it was one of the most chaotic environments I have ever experienced. Trolling reigned supreme on that site, not in the way they did for a while on FP as clever architects, but in that they were no-holds-barred over the top outrageous.

The new P.Com gave up on debate forums, and is a news-blog only site, now, as I checked it a few days ago.

No, I don't.

You can't change biological fact. A human life begins at conception, no other time. You could have debated when a human life is viable as a person, or when it's ethical to terminate human life, those are valid topics of debate, but arguing that life begins at some time other than conception, is idiotic.

I KNOW, WHICH IS WHY I USE THEM!!!

You didn't read the debate, did you?

Back