The Dog we are adopting...

AWWWWWWW how cute!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get updates!!!!!

Tell your family congratulations!
We're going to go and meet her this weekend, she's up in Fort Collins which is quite a drive for us, but we'll bring our lab to see if she can keep up with Nyla...

:D

We're going to go and meet her this weekend, she's up in Fort Collins which is quite a drive for us, but we'll bring our lab to see if she can keep up with Nyla...

Awwwwww its so fun getting a new dog.

But, Mott is right about shepards they are very territorial. If you have kids and their friends come over, you need to be extra careful and ensure that its trained very well.

Awwwwww its so fun getting a new dog.

But, Mott is right about shepards they are very territorial. If you have kids and their friends come over, you need to be extra careful and ensure that its trained very well.
Yeah, I know that I am basically putting myself up for a new job. It will take me several months to train her right so she doesn't jump up on people or hassle them.

Yeah, I know that I am basically putting myself up for a new job. It will take me several months to train her right so she doesn't jump up on people or hassle them.

Actually, Damo, it shouldn't take you very long at all. I'll PM you tomorrow with some ideas if you like. Now that you've met her you can tell me more about her and that will help. If she's treat-driven you'll be surprised how easy this will be.

Actually, Damo, it shouldn't take you very long at all. I'll PM you tomorrow with some ideas if you like. Now that you've met her you can tell me more about her and that will help. If she's treat-driven you'll be surprised how easy this will be.
Well, it really won't matter now.

The woman who runs the rescue said, I kid you not, that she didn't see any "Wow Factor, any dog magic" and prefers to bring us some more dogs to find the right "fit"...

The dog was awesome, just as I figured she would be. And she was already trained not to jump up on the kids or anybody. She and my eldest got along swimmingly, then suddenly the rescue lady announces that there was no "magic" no "wow"....

Freaking nut...

But heck, maybe she'll bring us one that actually does have magic and stuff... Ugh. Where's the face palm smilie when you need it?

CO171.14098733-1-x.jpg

She's a 1 year old German Shepherd.

Her name is Nyla.

So far we don't know too much about her, she's sweet and energetic, not aggressive and not shy. She likes other dogs, but she has yet to meet our cat.

I don't know when we'll be able to take her home, but the family is very excited..

Great looking dog, Damo. And I second Thorn's advice about training. Done early and done right, it makes for a better family pet.

The woman who runs the rescue said, I kid you not, that she didn't see any "Wow Factor, any dog magic" and prefers to bring us some more dogs to find the right "fit"...

The dog was awesome, just as I figured she would be. And she was already trained not to jump up on the kids or anybody. She and my eldest got along swimmingly, then suddenly the rescue lady announces that there was no "magic" no "wow"....

Freaking nut...

But heck, maybe she'll bring us one that actually does have magic and stuff... Ugh. Where's the face palm smilie when you need it?

I'm so sorry, Damo! Unfortunately some of the people who get involved in running these organizations are a bit off the charts. I have to wonder how many dogs she places if this is how she conducts adoptions. People like this, and their peers in other respects, are the reason I finally gave up on volunteering in a couple of organizations after about three years each.

This leaves me scratching my head too! I feel worst for your kids because I'll bet they had their hearts set on her once they met her.

Freaking nut...

So this imbecile refuses to allow you to adopt the dog because she didn't see any "magic"? Wow, that is pitiful.

Sorry you got your hopes up, and that you and your family were let down by a fool. Such a shame.

Freaking nut...

My advice to you is to tell her you're not interested. You gave her an oppurtunity to place a dog in a good home and she disregarded your offer for rediculous reasons. I'd let her know that your offended, that your offer for the shepard still stands, otherwise, not interested. Bet she comes back in a day or two.

I'm so sorry, Damo! Unfortunately some of the people who get involved in running these organizations are a bit off the charts. I have to wonder how many dogs she places if this is how she conducts adoptions. People like this, and their peers in other respects, are the reason I finally gave up on volunteering in a couple of organizations after about three years each.

This leaves me scratching my head too! I feel worst for your kids because I'll bet they had their hearts set on her once they met her.
Yeah, my eldest is a bit depressed. She said she'll bring over more dogs this weekend to our house and that she'd bring Nyla with her if she is still unadopted by then.

We'll see what happens. Maybe she'll see the "magic" then. There really isn't much we can do when the person who runs the rescue decides that there is no intangible magic that only she can spot.

So this imbecile refuses to allow you to adopt the dog because she didn't see any "magic"? Wow, that is pitiful.

Sorry you got your hopes up, and that you and your family were let down by a fool. Such a shame.
Thanks. I couldn't believe my ears...

My advice to you is to tell her you're not interested. You gave her an oppurtunity to place a dog in a good home and she disregarded your offer for rediculous reasons. I'd let her know that your offended, that your offer for the shepard still stands, otherwise, not interested. Bet she comes back in a day or two.
I'm thinking of doing just that. There has to be other rescues around, ones that will place a dog in a good home without intangible magic as a requisite.

I'm thinking of doing just that. There has to be other rescues around, ones that will place a dog in a good home without intangible magic as a requisite.
Yea and it will give Ms Dog magic something to think about when she has to put down a good dog she could have placed into a good home because she didn't see any dog magic. Also, I'd find out who operates the shelter and file a complaint about her. I could see if she had objective criteria about not placing her in your home but "dog magic"? That's out of line.

Back