APP - The Electoral College is ripe for reform

Yep., though you'll stick to your Marxist political revisionism indefinitely. I can post link after link talking about the TRUE and valid reasons for the electoral college, but you aren't allowed to acknowledge them because, you know, your slave-masters won't permit it.

LOL. More denial on your part. The States elect the President.

Nope. We both know that the DNC pumped millions of votes into the counts of various swing States for Biden, over the weeks following the election, until they had successfully stolen Trump's record victory.

Why do you insist on playing dumb?
Prime example of your word games and tap dancing. Regardless of the mental gymnastics you need to perform, we BOTH know over a hundred million people vote for President in any given election, yet you insist on playing dumb and dumber.

Thanks for proving point.

Prime example of your word games and tap dancing.
Google Translate: "Prime example of your word games and tap dancing" ->
Plain English Translation: "Prime example of my ignorance and denial while blaming you for my confusion"

Google Translate: "Prime example of your word games and tap dancing" ->
Plain English Translation: "Prime example of my ignorance and denial while blaming you for my confusion"
Again, thanks for proving my point and proving how dishonest you are.

Projection.
Again, when you are so dishonest that you can't admit something we all know, that over 100 million people vote for President every 4 years, that's a you issue. Nothing to do with me. That kind of dishonesty and avoidance would exist if I never posted on this site.

Again, when you are so dishonest that you can't admit something we all know,
Nope. Your desperation to abolish the republic and install a tyrannical oligarchy under the banner of "democracy" without openly admitting it is your dishonesty, not mine.

that over 100 million people vote for President every 4 years,
You didn't finish that clause. You omitted the key prepositional phrase. That is your dishonesty, i.e. your lie by omission.

People vote in their States for which candidate they want their State legislature to select. You omit that prepositional phrase in the hopes that a different prepositional phrase will be assumed, i.e. "in the popular vote."

There is no popular vote for President. You desperately want there to be one. You are so desperate that you will lie every day of the week and twice on Tuesday, while blaming others for your own dishonesty.

So the answer is "No."

Liar.

Nope. Your desperation to abolish the republic and install a tyrannical oligarchy under the banner of "democracy" without openly admitting it is your dishonesty, not mine.

You didn't finish that clause. You omitted the key prepositional phrase. That is your dishonesty, i.e. your lie by omission.

People vote in their States for which candidate they want their State legislature to select. You omit that prepositional phrase in the hopes that a different prepositional phrase will be assumed, i.e. "in the popular vote."

There is no popular vote for President. You desperately want there to be one. You are so desperate that you will lie every day of the week and twice on Tuesday, while blaming others for your own dishonesty.

So the answer is "No."

Liar.
Duh ..I know there's no popular vote for President, you dunce. That's literally a change we are discussing right now. Welcome to the conversation! Yet we know that WE ALL VOTE for President every four years. We check a box next to a Presidential candidate just as we would for any elected official. That vote directly impacts how the electoral votes are cast.

Because of the uneven ratio of population to electoral votes, a vote for President in Wyoming counts more than a vote in CA, but we can't get into that because you still won't admit that WE ALL VOTE FOR PRESIDENT every four years.

Seriously.... trying to have a rational conversation with you is fucking impossible.

Last edited:
Duh ..I know there's no popular vote for President, you dunce.
Well, you do now that I told you. I've taught you many things, but you still press ahead as though you believe there is a popular vote, and your goal is to eliminate the electoral college and backfill your dreams.

Yet we know that WE ALL VOTE for President every four years.
... and once again you omitted the key prepositional phrase, even though I highlighted it in the preceding post.

Because of the uneven ratio of population to electoral votes,
Your statement only makes sense where a popular vote is being held and the States are not selecting the President. You are babbling.

When you say that you are aware that there is no popular vote, you are lying. You believe that there is popular vote for President that is poorly implemented. Your wording gives you away. Your inability to listen to correction gives away your cognitive dissonance that makes any conversation with you totally impossible.

The problem, and all error, is on your end.

a vote for President in Wyoming counts more than a vote in CA,
Nope. You're a moron. There is no popular vote, despite your insistence that there is.

you still won't admit that WE ALL VOTE FOR PRESIDENT every four years.
I don't see that key prepositional phrase anywhere. You make a habit of lying to yourself, don't you? It's no wonder you can't be honest with anyone; you can't be honest with yourself.

There's no popular vote. The States determine the President. The States can eliminate all the "voting" because the people aren't really voting for President, but you go right on insisting that they do.

Did I mention that you are a moron?

So the answer is "No."

Liar.
"You desperately want there to be one."

Oh and no, I don't "desperately" want there to be a popular vote for President, you hyperbolic sociopath. Do I think it's the correct way to do it today because popular vote works at EVERY level of government and because the EC has outgrown its usefulness? Yes, but I barely care much less am desperate for that change.

Well, you do now that I told you. I've taught you many things, but you still press ahead as though you believe there is a popular vote, and your goal is to eliminate the electoral college and backfill your dreams.

... and once again you omitted the key prepositional phrase, even though I highlighted it in the preceding post.

Your statement only makes sense where a popular vote is being held and the States are not selecting the President. You are babbling.

When you say that you are aware that there is no popular vote, you are lying. You believe that there is popular vote for President that is poorly implemented. Your wording gives you away. Your inability to listen to correction gives away your cognitive dissonance that makes any conversation with you totally impossible.

The problem, and all error, is on your end.

Nope. You're a moron. There is no popular vote, despite your insistence that there is.

I don't see that key prepositional phrase anywhere. You make a habit of lying to yourself, don't you? It's no wonder you can't be honest with anyone; you can't be honest with yourself.

There's no popular vote. The States determine the President. The States can eliminate all the "voting" because the people aren't really voting for President, but you go right on insisting that they do.

Did I mention that you are a moron?
As I said...

"Seriously.... trying to have a rational conversation with you is fucking impossible."

The above is true because you are a liar. We are discussing a change to how voting works. I already acknowledged that we don't have a popular vote for President when I said this:

"That vote directly impacts how the electoral votes are cast."

Two things can be true at once: we DO cast a vote for President AND we have an EC.

Last edited:
Oh and no, I don't "desperately" want there to be a popular vote for President,
Bullshit. You most certainly do. You have gone through a lot of trouble to make that abundantly clear. In fact, now that you have stated that you are somehow not desperate for a Presidential popular vote, you are going to proceed to make a lame argument out of desperation as to why you desperately want a popular vote for President ...

Do I think it's the correct way to do it today because popular vote works at EVERY level of government and because the EC has outgrown its usefulness? Yes, but I barely care much less am desperate for that change.
I rest my case.

The popular vote does not work at a national level where the States decide the President.

So now what desperate argument are you going to try?

Bullshit. You most certainly do. You have gone through a lot of trouble to make that abundantly clear. In fact, now that you have stated that you are somehow not desperate for a Presidential popular vote, you are going to proceed to make a lame argument out of desperation as to why you desperately want a popular vote for President ...

I rest my case.

The popular vote does not work at a national level where the States decide the President.

So now what desperate argument are you going to try?
You really should work on understanding the meaning of "desperate".

I would normally say "Google it", but you apparently believe that definitions come from a magical voice in a whirlwind, because you agree that definitions exist, but haven't said that any source is valid for providing definitions. :ROFLMAO:

Yet another example of playing dumb and avoiding....

You have achieved the lying trifecta, i.e. you are chanting your projection of your dishonesty. It will certainly be hard for other leftists to top that.

You say lots of contradictory things that are all incorrect.
Lol...more playing dumb and even more dishonesty.

Lol...more playing dumb and even more dishonesty.
I see that you are tipping your king again. You held on a little longer this time.

giphy.webp

I think the Electoral College MIGHT be ripe for reform depending on how Democrats decide to spend their political capital next year. First of all, they would need control of both chambers of Congress and a very decisive win for Harris.

There are so many issues in which to use their political capital: Abortion, Supreme Court Reform, sensible bipartisan gun control, healthcare, ... The Electoral College may or may not be on the list. There is no doubt that it should be. But it WOULD demand quite a lot of it.

Some good points, but a nearly impossible task to get a Constitutional amendment through both Congress and ratified by the States in today's environment.

Better, IMO, is to focus on the doable, not the impossible. Ranked voting and grassroots efforts to push through individual states to divide up their EC votes like Nebraska are two examples of doable efforts.

I think we should get rid of winner take all, and a nominee only takes earned electors, and that would help. I think taking unearned electors is undemocratic. We could do that with legislation, banning the practice, though it would be challenged on constitutional grounds. I think a liberal court would uphold the ban, but a conservative court wouldn't.

I think the Electoral College MIGHT be ripe for reform depending on how Democrats decide to spend their political capital next year. First of all, they would need control of both chambers of Congress and a very decisive win for Harris.

There are so many issues in which to use their political capital: Abortion, Supreme Court Reform, sensible bipartisan gun control, healthcare, ... The Electoral College may or may not be on the list. There is no doubt that it should be. But it WOULD demand quite a lot of it.

What about the NPVIC?

Back