The evolution of complex life

My guess is that the window of opportunity for other clades of life to arise was between 3.8 and 2.2 billion years before present. That is a 1.6 billion year window.

Once the Earth had a free oxygen atmosphere, it would have been more difficult for prebiotic chemistry to self organize into cellular life, because free oxygen O[SUB]2[/SUB] is such a highly reactive molecule.

There is a school of thought that we should be searching the Earth for other forms of life that had a different primordial ancestor than all the life we currently know. Because it seems curious that life would have only emerged once on Earth in four billion years.

Did life begin on Earth more than once, ask scientists

Search for micro-organisms that may have emerged from different ancestors

Scientists have called for a "mission to Earth" to hunt for evidence of a second genesis that gave rise to life, but not as we know it.

The variety of life on Earth is widely considered to have evolved from a single common ancestor, but it is possible that basic organisms emerged more than once, leading to multiple trees of life.

Paul Davies at Arizona State University told the American Association for the Advancement of Science meeting in Chicago that scientists should explore unusual environmental nooks and crannies on the planet and look for micro-organisms that thrive there. Any that live outside the boundaries of "normal" life could have evolved independently, he said.

"We must be open to the possibility that there's more than one tree of life," Davies said. "I'm not talking about mysterious shadow beings that we can't see, but the microbial realm could contain denizens of second or subsequent genesis."

"If we could find an alternative form of life, and be sure it wasn't some bizarre new branch on the main tree of life, then we would have established this idea of a cosmic imperative that life will emerge wherever there are Earth-like conditions. I think that would be the biggest discovery in biology since Darwin. It would at a stroke show we live in a universe that's intrinsically bio-friendly and one in which we are not alone," Davies said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/science/2009/feb/15/microbes-earth-tree-of-life

Life may have emerged not once, but many times on Earth (New Scientist)

New Scientist said:
"Simple experiments by biologists aiming to recreate life’s earliest moments are challenging that assumption. Life, it seems, is a matter of basic chemistry – no magic required, no rare ingredients, no bolt from the blue." (HERE)

Life may have emerged not once, but many times on Earth (New Scientist)

Despite your litany of insults and resentments, my post continue to be so interesting to you that they compel you to frantically engage in Internet research.

Your article is hidden behind a subscription paywall, and speculation and conjecture without tangible evidence or proof is like believing in invisible unicorns.

Someday we might find evidence for a second, third, fourth genesis of life on Earth during the last four billion years.

Or we might not.

Right now, the burden of proof is on the claim that there was more than one genesis of life. And as my Guardian article states, its worth looking around earth for alternative clads of life having a different common universal ancestor than all the life we currently know

There is a school of thought that we should be searching the Earth for other forms of life that had a different primordial ancestor than all the life we currently know. Because it seems curious that life would have only emerged once on Earth in four billion years.

Agreed on the search based upon the theory life can only originate on planets in the Goldilocks Zone and Earth-like conditions, including the Moon. Those conditions are rare and, if conducive to a "cosmic imperative that life will emerge" under such conditions, then there should be different forms.

Despite your litany of insults and resentments, my post continue to be so interesting to you that they compel you to frantically engage in Internet research.

Your article is hidden behind a subscription paywall, and speculation and conjecture without tangible evidence or proof is like believing invisible unicorns.

Someday we might find evidence for a second, third, fourth genesis of life on Earth during the last four billion years.

Or we might not.

Right now, the burden of proof is on the claim that there was more than one genesis of life. And as my Guardian article states, its worth looking around earth for alternative clads of life having a different common universal ancestor than all the life we currently know
Which explains why he only quoted the section of the article not hidden by the paywall. LOL

Stop being a troll. I'm trying to engage with your points. This is a topic of interest to me.

I have shown I have far more chemistry background than you do so it is hardly meaningful for you to insult me on this topic.

Try engaging on the science rather than bitching about me all the time.

(And why do you find it so weird when people post things without much comment? You literally do it ALL THE TIME. Are you TRYING to be a massive hypocrite?)

Stop being a troll. I'm trying to engage with your points. This is a topic of interest to me.

I have shown I have far more chemistry background than you do so it is hardly meaningful for you to insult me on this topic.

Try engaging on the science rather than bitching about me all the time.

(And why do you find it so weird when people post things without much comment? You literally do it ALL THE TIME. Are you TRYING to be a massive hypocrite?)

I'm not here to nurse your petty grievances and resentments.

Which explains why he only quoted the section of the article not hidden by the paywall. LOL

Most of the article was hidden behind paywall, but obviously there are hopes, speculations, and wishes that a second or third genesis of life happened on Earth. Because a discovery like that would make a scientific career, earn a Nobel prize, and probably be one of the most important scientific discoveries of the century.

I'm not here to nurse your petty grievances and resentments.

Am I alone in believing that Jank doesn't have a PhD as he claims?

Or, if he did attain a PhD, that mental issues have prevented him from benefitting from that higher education?

Most of the article was hidden behind paywall, but obviously there are hopes, speculations, and wishes that a second or third genesis of life happened on Earth. Because a discovery like that would make a scientific career, earn a Nobel prize, and probably be one of the most important scientific discoveries of the century.

Science is the search for truth. The possibility that, if life arose once on Earth, that it could have arisen multiple times cannot be ruled out.

What is remarkable to me is that, despite all the searching both on Earth and off, that no other signs of life have been found. This fact is what pisses off the arrogant and violent atheists the most. LOL

Am I alone in believing that Jank doesn't have a PhD as he claims?

Or, if he did attain a PhD, that mental issues have prevented him from benefitting from that higher education?

I know a lot of PhDs, and I would be surprised if they were strutting around obscure message boards bragging to complete strangers about their PhD and brilliant research career

Science is the search for truth. The possibility that, if life arose once on Earth, that it could have arisen multiple times cannot be ruled out.

What is remarkable to me is that, despite all the searching both on Earth and off, that no other signs of life have been found. This fact is what pisses off the arrogant and violent atheists the most. LOL

I hope we can either find other clades of life on earth, or microbial life on one of the ocean moons of the solar system.

It would be a profound discovery.

We have told ourselves for so long that life is practically inevitable in the presence of liquid water and chemistry, it would be weird if we never found anything.

We would have to rethink our assumptions. Maybe life is incredibly rare, and depends on a perfect storm of a series of complex chemical and physical events.

I know a lot of PhDs, and I would be surprised if they were strutting around obscure message boards bragging to complete strangers about their PhD and brilliant research career

...unless they'd slipped their gears into schizphrenia. LOL

I hope we can either find other clades of life on earth, or microbial life on one of the ocean moons of the solar system.

It would be a profound discovery.

We have told ourselves for so long that life is practically inevitable in the presence of liquid water and chemistry, it would be weird if we never found anything.

We would have to rethink our assumptions. Maybe life is incredibly rare, and depends on a perfect storm of a series of complex chemical and physical events.
There's a big difference between inevitable and likely. I've only heard "life is likely". Inevitable is more like creationism and God's finger sparking life in the Universe.

Back