The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all. Our daughter needs to replace her submersible well pump that took a lightning hit. The guy replacing the pump wants to replace the wire to the pump. So dad said I'll buy the wire for you. 80ft is needed but the tech said buy 100 ft to be on the safe side. Only our local Lowes had it in stock, I ordered 100 ft and when I saw the order it shows 99 ft and 1 foot. Evidently their system won't accept 3 number inputs. LOL

Good morning all. Our daughter needs to replace her submersible well pump that took a lightning hit. The guy replacing the pump wants to replace the wire to the pump. So dad said I'll buy the wire for you. 80ft is needed but the tech said buy 100 ft to be on the safe side. Only our local Lowes had it in stock, I ordered 100 ft and when I saw the order it shows 99 ft and 1 foot. Evidently their system won't accept 3 number inputs. LOL

How silly! What do they charge for a pump replacement there? Our well pump went out last January (2018); it was $2300 to replace it.

I would think so, judging by the interior. It's supposed to have 62k original miles on it. It has a 260 V-8 and a 4 speed.
I had one years ago, it was black (Imron paint) with purple and blue metalflake, had a 289 hipo and a 4-speed. It could
pull the front wheels off the ground, or so I was told.

I had one of these in this same color too. I would consider another one

1970-ford-torino-gt-5.jpg

Beautiful...........

That's nuts if that is the reason.. No wonder they are having so much trouble..

Holy cow, that's great!! Sure a hell of a lot better than $2300. Of course our well is 331' deep so that might have had something to do with it.

We have a pump just stuck out in the lake. Dad plumbed the whole system himself many moons ago when I was still a lad. It covers our neighbors on the water and our large property across the road.

Holy cow, that's great!! Sure a hell of a lot better than $2300. Of course our well is 331' deep so that might have had something to do with it.

Has the water table remained about the same or did you have to redrill??

here in some places, mostly south of here the land has gone down
LandSubsidence-1024x793.jpg
& is still sinking..
huff-post-ground-subsidence.jpeg

Calif does not have regs for ground water pumping, as you can tell...... :palm:

Good morning every one. Are you ready for the latest episode of Eagle Eye's lawn war? In the last episode our hero fired his lawn man and decided to go it alone again by purchasing a brand new Well known popular brand. The hardware store delivered the shinny new tractor yesterday. Our hero quickly went over the operating instructions after ensuring all fluid levels were correct. Sitting on his new machine he was now master of the lawn, all those weeds blown in by the hurricane would soon be history after being mowed and poisoned. Hitting the key the mighty beast started with a roar. Our hero began cutting row after row till he saw an obstacle in his path. Getting off and removing the obstacle the mighty beast roared back to life. Putting the gear shift in drive (auto transmission) he pressed the go pedal but the beast wouldn't move forward or backward. Something must have broken. Quickly grabbing his cell phone our hero called the store. After some troubleshooting the store to their credit said they would replace it. And will bring a new one right out of the crate this week. Alas the weeds had won this battle but the war isn't over. Tune in next week for another exciting episode of Lawn War.

Good morning every one. Are you ready for the latest episode of Eagle Eye's lawn war? In the last episode our hero fired his lawn man and decided to go it alone again by purchasing a brand new Well known popular brand. The hardware store delivered the shinny new tractor yesterday. Our hero quickly went over the operating instructions after ensuring all fluid levels were correct. Sitting on his new machine he was now master of the lawn, all those weeds blown in by the hurricane would soon be history after being mowed and poisoned. Hitting the key the mighty beast started with a roar. Our hero began cutting row after row till he saw an obstacle in his path. Getting off and removing the obstacle the mighty beast roared back to life. Putting the gear shift in drive (auto transmission) he pressed the go pedal but the beast wouldn't move forward or backward. Something must have broken. Quickly grabbing his cell phone our hero called the store. After some troubleshooting the store to their credit said they would replace it. And will bring a new one right out of the crate this week. Alas the weeds had won this battle but the war isn't over. Tune in next week for another exciting episode of Lawn War.
I love this....you must take pictures...;)

Have you been getting a lot of rain out there? Rained all day here yesterday, high was only 77! So nice.

I love this....you must take pictures...;)

I couldn't believe it less than an hour of operation and breaks. I can't fault the tractor maker like anything mechanical it can break. But the department manager was great he said if they didn't have a replacement he would offer me the next higher model with a large discount. Turned out both were still crated so it would be the same time to deliver. If you want the name of the tractor and store PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back