The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning every one. Are you ready for the latest episode of Eagle Eye's lawn war? In the last episode our hero fired his lawn man and decided to go it alone again by purchasing a brand new Well known popular brand. The hardware store delivered the shinny new tractor yesterday. Our hero quickly went over the operating instructions after ensuring all fluid levels were correct. Sitting on his new machine he was now master of the lawn, all those weeds blown in by the hurricane would soon be history after being mowed and poisoned. Hitting the key the mighty beast started with a roar. Our hero began cutting row after row till he saw an obstacle in his path. Getting off and removing the obstacle the mighty beast roared back to life. Putting the gear shift in drive (auto transmission) he pressed the go pedal but the beast wouldn't move forward or backward. Something must have broken. Quickly grabbing his cell phone our hero called the store. After some troubleshooting the store to their credit said they would replace it. And will bring a new one right out of the crate this week. Alas the weeds had won this battle but the war isn't over. Tune in next week for another exciting episode of Lawn War.

LOL! Did you put on your tri-corner hat and scream at the lawn "I have not yet begun to fight!"?

Had one of these. Put a 429 SCJ in it.

sc0509-79472_1@2x.jpg

And one of these

tim_rhonda_wilmoth_72_gt.jpg

and one of these

002.jpg

and one of these

fullsize

and this

b6fe519890792767b2734bf0fb878ae4.jpg

one of these

4943cc13c5c4c828bf5b9ff5a9b4edb0.jpg

and one...

:cool:
WOW, awesome so you fix them up to sell?? Or just wait till an offer you can't refuse then move on to another?

WOW, awesome so you fix them up to sell?? Or just wait till an offer you can't refuse then move on to another?

They were in good shape when I got them. I drove them until I wanted something else (the '69 Mustang I rolled:(), the '67 (top) I spent 2 years working on. That one was a rocket!.
I didn't buy any with the intention of fixing (except the '67) or selling, I bought them to drive and enjoy, just like my Cobra. The '67 was a royal nightmare putting a 429 in where a 289 was, it had a
nasty cam and would heat up in traffic, but would tease Corvettes (why I built it in the first place).
I was fortunate to have good jobs and nice cars throughout my life, cars and guns were 2 of my favorite things (along with pretty women!) and I had some nice ones.
I went to 2 car shows and a cruise in this weekend. I took home 3 trophies, one best of show and there were over 100 cars at each (no awards at the cruise in, just lots of nice cars and great "bullshit"
sessions). For me, it isn't about winning (although it's nice) as much as seeing what other car enthusiasts have and what they put into their cars. Car guys (and gals) are a great bunch of people with a
tremendous appreciation of the automobile, but their cars ain't cheap! It's all good clean fun.

Also,
I had one of these (it was white, but otherwise very similar) and end over end and barrel rolled it. That wasn't much fun...at all.

BMarrs1.JPG

Last edited:
They were in good shape when I got them. I drove them until I wanted something else (the '69 Mustang I rolled:(), the '67 (top) I spent 2 years working on. That one was a rocket!.
I didn't buy any with the intention of fixing (except the '67) or selling, I bought them to drive and enjoy, just like my Cobra. The '67 was a royal nightmare putting a 429 in where a 289 was, it had a
nasty cam and would heat up in traffic, but would tease Corvettes (why I built it in the first place).
I was fortunate to have good jobs and nice cars throughout my life, cars and guns were 2 of my favorite things (along with pretty women!) and I had some nice ones.
I went to 2 car shows and a cruise in this weekend. I took home 3 trophies, one best of show and there were over 100 cars at each (no awards at the cruise in, just lots of nice cars and great "bullshit"
sessions). For me, it isn't about winning (although it's nice) as much as seeing what other car enthusiasts have and what they put into their cars. Car guys (and gals) are a great bunch of people with a
tremendous appreciation of the automobile, but their cars ain't cheap! It's all good clean fun.

Also,
I had one of these (it was white, but otherwise very similar) and end over end and barrel rolled it. That wasn't much fun...at all.

BMarrs1.JPG

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Lots of schools go back today! Keep an eye out for buses and kids...and school zone speed limits;)
Educators and kids...have a wonderful year!:loveu::loveu::loveu::loveu::loveu::loveu::loveu:

Good morning, I taught my daughter how to bleed the air out of brake lines. My trucks brake pedal is nice and firm again.

It's a rainy morning in Florida OH wait Gladis Knight sang day in Georgia. And another weak joke goes down in flames.
b2MYopX.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back