The General Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a thread for folks to sit around the old county store with the pot bellied stove in the middle and shoot the breeze in a friendly manner. Any subject is permissible but no flame wars will be tolerated. I will only warn once and it's retro ban. I have already banned those I feel will not play by the rules. We have enough battling in the other threads.
I think we're getting this place "spruced up", just in time for Christmas;)

Morning Top hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. My bride and our daughter fixed a really nice meal. Plus we got some chores done.

Morning Top. Heading down to Orlando next week. Quick trip leave Friday come home Sunday. Daughter has to work Monday and I have a dental Appt. Bad thing is we have to take two cars not enough room for 5 people and two big dogs. But then my truck hasn't been on a road trip since Michael.

Last edited:
What did you guys have?

It was a toss-up here between ham and the traditional turkey. Went with the turkey.

And true to form between you and I we went with ham. lol
I am not crazy about turkey and two of my grand kids are the same. But we had all the other traditional stuff.
Did you have family over or just the two of you?
After dinner the kids put up the tree and decorated. The bride and daughter filled up the house with Christmas stuff. I am putting out my Frosty the Snowman blowup yard decoration and that is it. Too much work to string lights all over for just a few weeks, bah humbug.

And true to form between you and I we went with ham. lol
I am not crazy about turkey and two of my grand kids are the same. But we had all the other traditional stuff.
Did you have family over or just the two of you?
After dinner the kids put up the tree and decorated. The bride and daughter filled up the house with Christmas stuff. I am putting out my Frosty the Snowman blowup yard decoration and that is it. Too much work to string lights all over for just a few weeks, bah humbug.

We had friends over. Mr. Owl is like you -- much prefers delicious red meats over (in his opinion) bland and boring poultry. But if I put a spicy rub on it he'll eat it.

This weekend it's decorating-for-Yule time! Funny how you guys don't get as excited about that. lol

How did your giant staghorn fare since the hurricane?

We had friends over. Mr. Owl is like you -- much prefers delicious red meats over (in his opinion) bland and boring poultry. But if I put a spicy rub on it he'll eat it.

This weekend it's decorating-for-Yule time! Funny how you guys don't get as excited about that. lol

How did your giant staghorn fare since the hurricane?

Tell Mr. Owl he has good taste.
I guess decorating be it Christmas or Halloween is a girl thing.
The Staghorn is hanging in. He doesn't like direct sunlight and with the trees gone I am having a time finding a place to put him. We have a small alcove that is pretty well shaded most of the day think we'll hang him there and see if he likes it.

Tell Mr. Owl he has good taste.
I guess decorating be it Christmas or Halloween is a girl thing.
The Staghorn is hanging in. He doesn't like direct sunlight and with the trees gone I am having a time finding a place to put him. We have a small alcove that is pretty well shaded most of the day think we'll hang him there and see if he likes it.

I hope he makes it okay. He's in a planter of some sort?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back