The Honest General Store - Honest management guaranteed

Thanks. To clarify; I was raised a Christian and like the ideals set by Jesus but I have doubts about the divinity of Jesus (at least as far as him being the one and only son of God. If he was, we all are) and certainly doubts about the Trinity. At best I'm a Gnostic Christian.

Jesus was either,Liar,Lunatic,or LORD
Thomas Aquinas

I'd say the same. Both pix and emojis are best with commentary. Just by themselves means the poster has nothing worth writing therefore, the entire post should be ignored.

You mean like every morning at 5:00am a poster gets up goes to all the threads she haunts,and like a dog pissing on a tree,says "good morning:laugh:"

You mean like every morning at 5:00am a poster gets up goes to all the threads she haunts,and like a dog pissing on a tree,says "good morning:laugh:"

Funny but that actually has commentary. I'm talking about someone who only posts an emoji or a picture, no text.

Jesus was either,Liar,Lunatic,or LORD
Thomas Aquinas

I'm not sure if it was Aquinas who wrote it, but it is a common argument by Christians: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis's_trilemma
Lewis's trilemma is an apologetic argument traditionally used to argue for the divinity of Jesus by arguing that the only alternatives were that he was evil or deluded.[1] One version was popularised by University of Oxford literary scholar and writer C. S. Lewis in a BBC radio talk and in his writings. It is sometimes described as the "Lunatic, Liar, or Lord", or "Mad, Bad, or God" argument. It takes the form of a trilemma — a choice among three options, each of which is in some way difficult to accept.

This argument is very popular with Christian apologists, although some theologians and biblical scholars[2] do not view Jesus as having claimed to be God.[3][4] Some argue that he identified himself as a divine agent, with a unique relationship to Israel's God.[5] Others see him as wanting to direct attention to the divine kingdom he proclaimed.[6]

I'm not sure if it was Aquinas who wrote it, but it is a common argument by Christians: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis's_trilemma
Lewis's trilemma is an apologetic argument traditionally used to argue for the divinity of Jesus by arguing that the only alternatives were that he was evil or deluded.[1] One version was popularised by University of Oxford literary scholar and writer C. S. Lewis in a BBC radio talk and in his writings. It is sometimes described as the "Lunatic, Liar, or Lord", or "Mad, Bad, or God" argument. It takes the form of a trilemma — a choice among three options, each of which is in some way difficult to accept.

This argument is very popular with Christian apologists, although some theologians and biblical scholars[2] do not view Jesus as having claimed to be God.[3][4] Some argue that he identified himself as a divine agent, with a unique relationship to Israel's God.[5] Others see him as wanting to direct attention to the divine kingdom he proclaimed.[6]

What I wrote was Thomas Aquinas words,I agree 100%

I am finishing up a course on important women of late antiquity and the middle ages.

The ones that made a real impression are these:

The Christian martyr Perpetua
The Celtic warrior queen Boudicca
Hypatia of Alexandria

This was news to me: Razia, the Sultan of the 13th century Dehli Sultanate of the Indian subcontinent.

Had a doctor's appointment yesterday morning. First time ever doing it over Telemed. I have a feeling teleconferencing will become much more popular after COVID-19 passes.

TP might be effected too:
3xb1rv.jpg

Back