The house next door

Beefy

Worst gambler ever
The house next door to us is for rent. Maybe its a sign of the times, but they've been UNABLE to rent this place:

Three bedrooms, two full bath, large kitchen, huge living room, huge gamer room with a multimillion dollar view of diamond head, waikiki and the Waialae golf club, new appliances, clean great place, big lanai with and even better view of everything, finished car port with ample storage, mango and tangerine trees, small but useable yard in one of the wealthiest zip codes in the country, $2,500/mo. And its been sitting there since April of '08.

Trip out. We're paying $300 more than that with the same model, but we have dogs, otherwise we'd move in there.

See grind, if you want to move here, it can be done, and done cheap. Tourism is waaaaay down, real estate is way down, and bargains abound. Bring your savings though, the job market is flat.

That's a lot of money to pay in rent. I don't pay that much for two homes, plus I get the mortgage interest deduction, and I own the damn places.

2,300 a month for RENT!

Man that sounds like a mortgage payment on a million dollar McMansion.

Paradise sounds a bit too expensive to be paradise.

2,300 a month for RENT!

Its funny like that. When you live in LA your whole life, this is cheap for what it is. I guess I'm used to being ripped off. But living where you d, its cheap. Its a matter of where you want to live.

I wouldn't want to live in Kentucky or the Yadkin valley no matter what. So I pay to live here.

Its funny like that. When you live in LA your whole life, this is cheap for what it is. I guess I'm used to being ripped off. But living where you d, its cheap. Its a matter of where you want to live.

I wouldn't want to live in Kentucky or the Yadkin valley no matter what. So I pay to live here.
When The Big Wave comes you'll be wishing you were in the high valley of the Yadkin. :pke:

$2,300 for that is a steal for that!

I wonder if someone looking to buy could actually negotiate it down to $2,100 or even less. That's awesome!

Yep live on top of extremely large volcanoes.

dude what is with you guys. A CHEAP apartment in boston for poor college kids is 2800 a month easily. 2300 for being in Hawaii is awesome

dude what is with you guys. A CHEAP apartment in boston for poor college kids is 2800 a month easily. 2300 for being in Hawaii is awesome
That's one reason why I left that shit-hole. A fucking outdoor parking space just went for 300 large in Back Bay.

2,300 a month for RENT!

I look at it like this: I'm not going to be able to take that money with me when I die, and I'd rather live in a place that I consider paradise than to try to worry about saving some bucks. You only live once.

I'll give Kentucky props though, for scenic beauty, so from your perspective, you might have the best of both worlds. :clink:

We live in the south, Grind. House and rent prices are WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY lower here.

Land is obviously going to cost a lot more in the city.

Last edited:
Back