The house next door

The reason $2300 sounds like high rent is the comparison to the south's rents.

The reason Beefy & Grind think its cheap is because its worth it.

What kind of job do you normally need to hold down to afford rent like that if you happen to live in Hawaii?

Worth it is a matter of opinion.

imho living in big cities suck.

But to those living in big cities. Do not move to KY it sucks worse!

It's worth more to a lot more people (or at least a lot of rich people, since price demand adjusts to the wealth of the people who desire the object, not the absolute popularity). That's why the market prices are so much higher.

What kind of job do you normally need to hold down to afford rent like that if you happen to live in Hawaii?

I buy pineapples and mangoes at Costco and sell the roadside on the north shore for 5X the cost. $600 a weekend day net.

My future Brother in Law bought a rental on the big Island a few years back. He says it's only rented 30% of the time right now.
I'm with Cypress, you can't take it with you

Nope, but I can leave something to give the grandchildren a headstart.
They all have education trust funds, plus a starter pot once they graduate college.

Its funny like that. When you live in LA your whole life, this is cheap for what it is. I guess I'm used to being ripped off. But living where you d, its cheap. Its a matter of where you want to live.

I wouldn't want to live in Kentucky or the Yadkin valley no matter what. So I pay to live here.
If I had a job out there I'd probably be moving in next door to Matt... If I were single I'd be trying to hook up with that roommate...

:D

Even in the south 300 dollars a month is kind of low, but it probably wouldn't be a shithole.

There are certain advantages to living in a place no one else wants to. :)

What city can you find something that's not a shithole for $300 or what I'd like to call two visits to an upscale restaurant.

What kind of shithole did you live in for $300/month?

The ghetto kind of shithole. It was right next to some Section 8 housing so no one particularly wanted to live there. The city was completely overdeveloped with apartments so that just pushed the prices down further.

The apartment itself was nice, the neighborhood however was horrible. And I say this as one who grew up in one of the most dangerous cities in America. My house got robbed twice and I got held up at gunpoint on the street. The cops were there like every two days raiding someone.

My rent however, was $300.00. And yeah that's low even for the South, and even for the city I was in.

Back