The Law of Moses

Phantasmal

Harris/Walz
Staff member
My brother claims that Christians are no longer bound by the Law Of Moses because Jesus fulfilled the laws with his death and resurrection.

My question is this for Christians, why do you demand the 10 Ommandments be posted in public places or any place for that matter, if you are no longer under the Laws Of Moses or do you believe my brother is in error.

My brother claims that Christians are no longer bound by the Law Of Moses because Jesus fulfilled the laws with his death and resurrection.

My question is this for Christians, why do you demand the 10 Ommandments be posted in public places or any place for that matter, if you are no longer under the Laws Of Moses or do you believe my brother is in error.

your brother has made an error.....it is the Levitical Code that was fulfilled by Jesus death and resurrection....not the Mosaic.....

Christ, without a doubt, challenged the laws of Moses. But he really did not mean to overturn them just to tell people that they should not be so ridiculously bound to them. That is follow the spirit not the letter. Paul told them to reject some but not all. He insisted that they reject some like circumcision (he used some words that could be interpreted both ways) and the dietary laws as a way to profit from being a prophet. That is, in order to get the Romans to accept the Gospels he got rid of the parts they found unreasonable but kept the parts that allowed him to remain a bully as he had been to early Christians. Paul perverted Peter and the real Gospels.

Last edited:
Moses and his brother Aaron were from the house of Levi they were Levites and their laws are the Levitical code. The ten commandments were the big laws. They were written after Moses went up on the mountain got high off a bush probably the same burning one that told him to lead the Israelites.

Moses was a Rastafarian, of sorts.

Also, it is important to remember that Moses was likely many different people joined into one. His books were transcribed from the oral traditions. They were not at all first hand accounts.

Of course, most of this is in Wikipedia, now. Most of it is also in the Bible. Most Christians refuse to read either.

I'm beginning to sense that you use the post button the same way I use ellipsis.....to indicate a pause in your thoughts.....

Moses and his brother Aaron were from the house of Levi they were Levites and their laws are the Levitical code. The ten commandments were the big laws. They were written after Moses went up on the mountain got high off a bush probably the same burning one that told him to lead the Israelites.

uh, no....."Levitical" code and "Mosaic" code are theological distinctions based on purpose.....the Mosaic Code describes the laws that governed community, it was their criminal and civil code......the Levitical Code described their relationship with God, what they had to do to purify themselves to submit offerings and sacrifices.....

uh, no....."Levitical" code and "Mosaic" code are theological distinctions based on purpose.....the Mosaic Code describes the laws that governed community, it was their criminal and civil code......the Levitical Code described their relationship with God, what they had to do to purify themselves to submit offerings and sacrifices.....

That is just Paul's attempt at a neat revision. Where is the Mosaic Code? Was that written in the book of Moseses?

Christians accept the ten commandments and parts of Leviticus.

A neat revision and a neat division from Judaism. I am not so sure Jesus Christ wanted Peter to create a church. More likely it was a warning against how he would reject him again.

But these distinctions that pmp and Paul used are like the distinctions in the tree of life or taxonomy. It is like the difference between 1/3 and .3333... There are no bright red lines just points of division and different perspectives. Those who insist that we focus on the red line are telling you to close your third eye.

See, I think drugs have done some GOOD things for us, I really do. And if you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a Favor: go home tonight and take all your bibles, all your hymnals, and all your shrines and burn em'. 'Cause you know what? The prophets who've wrote all that great scripture that's enhanced your lives throughout the years...Rrrrrrrrrrrrreal ------ high on drugs.

The 10 Commandments are not part of the Laws of Moses. Those are the purification laws you will find in the OT, like not wearing cloth made from two different materials, washing in the river when you are on your period.. So forth.

The 10 Commandments are God's laws, not the purification which are considered the Laws of Moses. The 10 Commandments still apply, you just don't have to get circumcised any longer.

The 10 Commandments are not part of the Laws of Moses. Those are the purification laws you will find in the OT, like not wearing cloth made from two different materials, washing in the river when you are on your period.. So forth.

The 10 Commandments are God's laws, not the purification which are considered the Laws of Moses. The 10 Commandments still apply, you just don't have to get circumcised any longer.

They are God's laws according to the character we know as Moses according to the scholars that wrote down the oral traditions.

That is just Paul's attempt at a neat revision. Where is the Mosaic Code? Was that written in the book of Moseses?

Christians accept the ten commandments and parts of Leviticus.

wow.....where did you study theology......the Mosaic and the Levitical Codes are found in the OT.......Paul did not revise the OT......Jesus, not Paul, stated that the Levitical Code was fulfilled......Jesus, not Paul stated that the Law of Moses still stands.....Parts of Leviticus are Mosaic Code, it is not all Levitical Code......have you ever even read all of Leviticus?....

They are God's laws according to the character we know as Moses according to the scholars that wrote down the oral traditions.

What is called the Law of Moses was written down in Leviticus, Exodus is where you get the Ten Commandments, which are direct Commandments from God and aren't the same as the Mosaic Law... the Mosaic law always smacked of Priestly control to me. Some of the rules are non-sensical. Others seem to be a way to get people to eat in ways that would make them sick less often...

close.....but in truth, when the Law of Moses is referred to, it DOES mean the Ten Commandments....the laws regarding the purification are referred to as the Levitical Codes.....

you can find the Ten Commandments in Exodus, Leviticus and Deuteronomy....
does any of this sound familiar?
Leviticus 19 The Lord said to Moses, 2 “Speak to the entire assembly of Israel and say to them: ‘Be holy because I, the Lord your God, am holy.

3 “‘Each of you must respect your mother and father, and you must observe my Sabbaths. I am the Lord your God.

4 “‘Do not turn to idols or make metal gods for yourselves. I am the Lord your God.

5 “‘When you sacrifice a fellowship offering to the Lord, sacrifice it in such a way that it will be accepted on your behalf. 6 It shall be eaten on the day you sacrifice it or on the next day; anything left over until the third day must be burned up. 7 If any of it is eaten on the third day, it is impure and will not be accepted. 8 Whoever eats it will be held responsible because they have desecrated what is holy to the Lord; they must be cut off from their people.

9 “‘When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. 10 Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the foreigner. I am the Lord your God.

11 “‘Do not steal.

“‘Do not lie.

“‘Do not deceive one another.

12 “‘Do not swear falsely by my name and so profane the name of your God. I am the Lord.

13 “‘Do not defraud or rob your neighbor.

“‘Do not hold back the wages of a hired worker overnight.

14 “‘Do not curse the deaf or put a stumbling block in front of the blind, but fear your God. I am the Lord.

15 “‘Do not pervert justice; do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly.

16 “‘Do not go about spreading slander among your people.

“‘Do not do anything that endangers your neighbor’s life. I am the Lord.

17 “‘Do not hate a fellow Israelite in your heart. Rebuke your neighbor frankly so you will not share in their guilt.

18 “‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.

19 “‘Keep my decrees.

Jesus frequently referred to "the law and the prophets"........if you read the OT prophets you will find them speaking of what Israel had done and why they were being punished.....it wasn't because they were eating shellfish.....it was because they were lying and stealing and murdering.....it was because they were worshiping idols and following the rules of other gods rather than the commandments God had given them....

So, are you saying that the Dietary laws were not
from God?

Back