The melting pot

Howey, I said the melting pot was more a "right-wing" position. What you highlighted above is the multicultural position.

I think you don't understand "melting pot". Without looking up the definition of the term, I'd say it involves a culture that's a mixture of all it's diverse residents. Brazil is an example with it's residents all part of a multinational culture. That is whats used as an example of a melting pot. The right wing of the US doesn't want either a multicultural nor melting pot society, just one that matches their strict white Anglo Saxon Christian identity.

I think you don't understand "melting pot". Without looking up the definition of the term, I'd say it involves a culture that's a mixture of all it's diverse residents. Brazil is an example with it's residents all part of a multinational culture. That is whats used as an example of a melting pot. The right wing of the US doesn't want either a multicultural nor melting pot society, just one that matches their strict white Anglo Saxon Christian identity.

I put right wing in quotes because I wasn't saying it was strictly a right-wing position but rather the more right-wing position of the two. Like 3D stated the melting pot has been called racist. The article I linked to showed why people of color say the melting pot doesn't work for them. It's why multiculturalism came about.

How you define the melting pot is exactly what Im talking about.

If you view it as a process only NEW Americans take part in then it is racist.

when its everyone stays in the pot FOREVER then its not racist

How you define the melting pot is exactly what Im talking about.

If you view it as a process only NEW Americans take part in then it is racist.

when its everyone stays in the pot FOREVER then its not racist

Why did multiculturalism come about?

Ha, it appears my sociology courses finally have come into use. Win for attending college in the 21st Century! Desh is PWNED by the Salad Bowl and Tapestry concepts!!

:fuckyeah:

well most blacks didn't chose to come here some did though.

Most came for what America has to offer that their home countries did not.

man you don't believe in this country much huh

99.99999% of the Blacks, in this country, have made the choice to be here; because we con't have guards preventing anyone from leaving.

a melting pot of people? would love it.

a melting pot of cultures? hell no.

So, a melting of cultures/attitudes is ok for you because you can't accommodate for them.....but a melting of people who can't accommodate for your perspective is ok. Talk about total Nazi Dictatorship and Totalitarian attitude.

"EVERYONE IS WRONG BUT ME" is what all parties think. "EVERYONE PARTY SHOULD DIE BUT MINE" is what a Dictatorship thinks. Brain up kiddo.

Immigration;

Why does the Right Wing keep stating they want to end it when they don't? They had many chances in power to end it but only used false words to do so. The truth?

The Right Wants illegals for cheap slave style labor. And the Left wants them for votes. Most Americans know how to fix this and point fingers at each other daily stating "it's your fault" The big fact in this is that Obama signed up to be President after this had been going on for a VERY LONG TIME. Bush had Congress for 4-5 years and did nothing serious to bust illegals in the USA.

So let's talk deep. SHOULD WE PROFILE. We all know that there are TONS of illegals in certain parts of the Country. Statistics aren't profiling. So should an officer be allowed to pull over possible illegals to check for citizenship?

Today I see the Libertarian party screaming yes while NEVER putting themselves in the position of the LEGAL immigrant. They NEVER ask how long it takes to confirm citizenship and I've heard it takes up to 45 minutes. 45 Minutes for a free American sitting on a date, on their way to work, on their way to an appointment to get let go by police. And the ironic thing is that the Libertarians HATE police abuse of power.

Obama was smart by bringing up the only relative question. Should the children have the right to gain citizenship if they went to college or military with specifics..............The (R)ight voted NO. The (R)ight voted that if you were born into an atmosphere/area that you don't belong in, you should be kicked out of your only known home.

It's a very deep topic that needs debate more than most. But people want to sugar coat it and don't want real debate about it. And BOTH PARTIES are at fault even though one tries to sell they aren't to the most uneducated buyers in America.

Immigration. Great subject.....a more.important subject is resources.

I believe that immigration should be metered. Not by jobs available, but by resources. I fear for our most precious resource....water. have you seen pictures of Lake Mead? Do you know that there's an aquifer in our heartland that came to be in the ice ages that is rapidly depleteing? This aquifer is what allows us to grow in so much abundance.

The people that are here? Get them a path to citizenship....then close the borders. I don't care if we shoot people on sight that try to enter illegally. Set up a DMZ 200yds from the Mexican border. If you enter that area, you are taking your life in your own hands.

Immigration. Great subject.....a more.important subject is resources.

I believe that immigration should be metered. Not by jobs available, but by resources. I fear for our most precious resource....water. have you seen pictures of Lake Mead? Do you know that there's an aquifer in our heartland that came to be in the ice ages that is rapidly depleteing? This aquifer is what allows us to grow in so much abundance.

The people that are here? Get them a path to citizenship....then close the borders. I don't care if we shoot people on sight that try to enter illegally. Set up a DMZ 200yds from the Mexican border. If you enter that area, you are taking your life in your own hands.

As stated. EVERY party wants to end illegal immigration. But which party takes that stand at this point? The other will paint them as a bad person. And both parties have things to gain.

As stated. EVERY party wants to end illegal immigration. But which party takes that stand at this point? The other will paint them as a bad person. And both parties have things to gain.

Well my friend, that's one of those situations where somebody has to grow a pair and worry less about their re-election and more about the country. Debt can be overcome....but once the water is gone....we lose....period. the more mouths we have to feed, the harder it is on our resources.

And believe me....I am no expert on this, but the estimates that I've seen is about 30 years at our current level of consumption.

Well my friend, that's one of those situations where somebody has to grow a pair and worry less about their re-election and more about the country. Debt can be overcome....but once the water is gone....we lose....period. the more mouths we have to feed, the harder it is on our resources.

And believe me....I am no expert on this, but the estimates that I've seen is about 30 years at our current level of consumption.

No, we are both correct.

The Right has been wanting to thin our population out for years now. Why not start with the immigrants, (R)ight?

Figuring out the future America with our population is HARD MATH. Figuring out who to take out is easy math for the uneducated who don't want to think. The Right CONSTATLY tries to figure out ways to thin the numbers. The Left CONSTANTLY tries to accept and justify the numbers.

Via; One can of beans, 5 people. Who lives. *type* of scenario.

The Right wanted an oil pipeline that ran through America's biggest water source. Even with oil fracking the Right Wingers pushed hard for this. But the Righties don't focus on humans, they focus on profit. FACT

My mother read a book once and told me about a "prediction" in it.... I can't even remember the name... I was young.

However, in this book... it envisioned a world where the wealthy countries decided which of the poor countries would survive and which would perish because of population growth and limited resources. Every time I see a G10 summit... I think back on that book. I wish I remembered the title.

Anyway.... I agree. Righties focus on profit. I cannot possibly make this ideology work in my mind. I would rather err of the side of my brothers and sisters than on money.

My mother read a book once and told me about a "prediction" in it.... I can't even remember the name... I was young.

However, in this book... it envisioned a world where the wealthy countries decided which of the poor countries would survive and which would perish because of population growth and limited resources. Every time I see a G10 summit... I think back on that book. I wish I remembered the title.

Anyway.... I agree. Righties focus on profit. I cannot possibly make this ideology work in my mind. I would rather err of the side of my brothers and sisters than on money.

It's easy to spot them because they chose profit over the needy and facts. Whether or not the Bible tells us to use Government to help the needy is the debate. THE BIBLE always teaches "FREE WILL".

It's easy to spot them because they chose profit over the needy and facts. Whether or not the Bible tells us to use Government to help the needy is the debate. THE BIBLE always teaches "FREE WILL".

The government is us, as a people. Read the story of the sheep and goats. Which side do you think America is on? Not just to you, but our right wing compatriots too....

The Sheep and the Goats

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

THIS is where i draw my faith from.... this is what I feel is important....and if some make it through the cracks and eat when they DO NOT WORK....so be it. I know that I am on the right side of the Lord. The sin is on them....not me.

The government is us, as a people. Read the story of the sheep and goats. Which side do you think America is on? Not just to you, but our right wing compatriots too....

The Sheep and the Goats

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

THIS is where i draw my faith from.... this is what I feel is important....and if some make it through the cracks and eat when they DO NOT WORK....so be it. I know that I am on the right side of the Lord. The sin is on them....not me.

That is profiling bro! Sheep are not goats and goats are not sheep. American needs to keep the most productive...............OHHHHHHHHHHi I GET IT NOW.

(I got it before, just a little game)

Back