The nation's median household income - by state

typical liberal arts response to getting your ass handed to you on economics.
"Man you don't spell good"
Lame!!!:clink:

well morons like you are the ones rejecting education.
The global economy is staring the HS grads in the face with a life of slow growing wages, you lucked out and only felt it for the last 15yrs.
Topper apparently doesn't even understand the law of supply and demand.

Q. Why does someone with a Bachelor's degree generally earn more than someone with only a high school education?

A. Because the relative scarcity of such degrees -- only about 21% of the population have them -- increases their value.

If everyone went to college and got at least a BA or BS, then undergraduate education would become the new high school. You can already see this trend in Europe where college degrees are somewhat more common than they are here.

Education is not the answer, it is an excuse.

Ok so now we have all shown Top that in these times of tax cuts that the median wage has gone down. I keep waiting for the other "we gotta fix it" shoe to drop. How are we going to do that? My bet is that for all of you that get some sense of schadenfreude out of this news, a sort of "in your face Top" sort of glee that you would suggest income redistribution. Maybe we could tax those states that had a RISE in the median income and then give that money to the states that lost out? Or better yet lets tax EVERYONE that makes MORE than the median and give that revenue to those that DON'T.

ornot your a moron, everyone going to college is impossible and juvinille to argue.
Soc your equally ignorant, median wages continue to rise. It's feable minded turbo libs that need to find two irrevelant points to say that adj for inflation they are down.
Tax cuts work, globalization is dragging the median uneducated person down while the college educated are going up faster than the average. dipshit

Ok so now we have all shown Top that in these times of tax cuts that the median wage has gone down. I keep waiting for the other "we gotta fix it" shoe to drop. How are we going to do that? My bet is that for all of you that get some sense of schadenfreude out of this news, a sort of "in your face Top" sort of glee that you would suggest income redistribution. Maybe we could tax those states that had a RISE in the median income and then give that money to the states that lost out? Or better yet lets tax EVERYONE that makes MORE than the median and give that revenue to those that DON'T.
It's called "redistribution of wealth" and has traditionally been one of the primary functions of the progressive income tax. Far from being an machination of evil, redistribution of wealth is necessary and beneficial.

I say that even though I'm on the "from" end of the distribution these days.

Step 1 -- roll back the Bush tax cuts. Return the income tax structure to 1999 levels.

Step 2 -- start simplifying the tax code by cutting out deductions and exemptions. Each simplification act *may* be accompanied by rate reductions, *if* such reductions would be revenue neutral.

Step 3 -- hack the shit out of the defense budget. We don't need to spend more than any other eight nations combined. We really don't.

Step 4 -- increase funding for social welfare programs that directly benefit people below the median income.

Well, you get the idea.

wow another rejector of education appears.
Of course I want the little guy to do better, that's why I want the illegals out.
Go to school old man, it's never too late.

Me ?
why do I need school now ? I am aready doing as good as you are or better.
and you sure are not an example I want to follow. Running around full of skewer holes as you are and all.

wow another rejector of education appears.
Of course I want the little guy to do better, that's why I want the illegals out.
Go to school old man, it's never too late.
Elitist claptrap. You advocate getting ours and not giving a damn about that other half below the median. They're only down there because they're too stupid or lazy to pull themselves up, right?

ornot your a moron, everyone going to college is impossible and juvinille to argue.
Soc your equally ignorant, median wages continue to rise. It's feable minded turbo libs that need to find two irrevelant points to say that adj for inflation they are down.
Tax cuts work, globalization is dragging the median uneducated person down while the college educated are going up faster than the average. dipshit
Top I am NOT saying that I agree with them. I am saying that I believe this whole post is populated by people who now that they have "told you" would go one step further and tax all those that make more and give it to those that make less.

But I will say that when conservatives talk about gas prices they ALWAYS say the words "adjusted for inflation" right before they say "gas prices aren't that high."

Top I am NOT saying that I agree with them. I am saying that I believe this whole post is populated by people who now that they have "told you" would go one step further and tax all those that make more and give it to those that make less.

But I will say that when conservatives talk about gas prices they ALWAYS say the words "adjusted for inflation" right before they say "gas prices aren't that high."
and why does the CPI seem to exclude food and energy ?
2 of our biggest expenses....

Sure they have washing machines and such that we buy every 10-15 years....

school is not soley about making money USC, you would understand why they are excluded had you gone.
Ornot, get the illegals out and increase votec and college funding that's how you get those below the median up. Also teach economics in high school obviously from your ignorant post you've never had it.

school is not soley about making money USC, you would understand why they are excluded had you gone.
Ornot, get the illegals out and increase votec and college funding that's how you get those below the median up. Also teach economics in high school obviously from your ignorant post you've never had it.

yep and the jobs for them would be there right ?

I know a guy with a masters working for UPS driving a truck.

Back