The New and Improved Night Owl Thread

I'm insanely bored, so I figure I'm just going to post random thoughts.

Fuck ants.
Ford needs to bring the Crown Vic back. Seriously, thing has no flaws.
Getting angry at me for your own stupidty as a customer isn't going to fix a mistake, or prevent another one. You're still stupid, and based on our last conversation have no intention of changing that.
I do honestly lament the fact that I will never see what a Mongol army looks like. Or the horrors they would bring to those they fought.
I haven't had a drink in 2 weeks. I need to up my game to prepare for Ireland next year.
Seriously, FUCK ants.
If I were single, I'd really want to fuck Snooki. No clue why, since her personality is like getting hit in the face with a cheese grater.
Marble>Granite
I miss leading Marines sometimes. Not enough to reenlist though. FUCK that.
I've noticed I say fuck a lot. Oh well.
Christopher Lee is AWESOME.
Green is the best flavor of most things. Best popsicles, best bargin bin jucies, best jello, etc.
Still really need to update my racial hotness list.

Fuck ants.

yes.

um it's a pigmobile

I will never see what a Mongol army looks like. Or the horrors they would bring to those they fought.

At least we have the dothraki

I haven't had a drink in 2 weeks. I need to up my game to prepare for Ireland next year.
Wow this is not good sir

What about private contracting?

Green is the best flavor of most things. Best popsicles, best bargin bin jucies, best jello, etc.
THIS IS A HOLY TRUTH. IT WILL NEVER STEER YOU WRONG.
Blue is also really close though.

um it's a pigmobile
Not as much these days with all the new Chargers, but even still that's not a flaw. That makes people MOVE OUT OF MY FUCKING LANE when I get a few inches from their bumper because they think it's ok to do 70mph in my lane.
Wow this is not good sir
I know, but my tolerance doesn't dissipate quickly. Come October I'm starting a serious training/drinking regimen to prepare for my European adventure.

What about private contracting?
Man, I'd make INSANE amounts of money but I miss my wife too much as is. Plus school. If I were single though, I'd be over there in a heartbeat.
THIS IS A HOLY TRUTH. IT WILL NEVER STEER YOU WRONG.
Blue is also really close though.
Yeah, blue is a good fall-back option if there is no green.

It's 3am, super night owl time.

In christening the new and improved night owl thread, IT'S PARTY TIME!

v1LSVnV.gif
v1LSVnV.gif

yEmZc.gif
yEmZc.gif
yEmZc.gif
yEmZc.gif

L1KLfvv.gif
L1KLfvv.gif
L1KLfvv.gif
L1KLfvv.gif
L1KLfvv.gif

L1KLfvv.gif
L1KLfvv.gif
L1KLfvv.gif
L1KLfvv.gif
L1KLfvv.gif

v1LSVnV.gif
v1LSVnV.gif

N53iz.gif
N53iz.gif
N53iz.gif
N53iz.gif
N53iz.gif
N53iz.gif
N53iz.gif
N53iz.gif

UtuVv.gif
UtuVv.gif
UtuVv.gif
UtuVv.gif
UtuVv.gif
UtuVv.gif
UtuVv.gif
UtuVv.gif

nRPQc.gif
nRPQc.gif

bonus spoiler:

uwWZ22Q.png

Noticed you mentioned the Dothraki. Just started watching GOT via on demand. I'm at episode 4 of the first season.

I've read a lot of fantasy books, but not this series. I have a strong suspicion that the bastard son and the blonde chick that married into the Dothraki will end up the rulers....just from previous plots of the books I've read.

Noticed you mentioned the Dothraki. Just started watching GOT via on demand. I'm at episode 4 of the first season.

I've read a lot of fantasy books, but not this series. I have a strong suspicion that the bastard son and the blonde chick that married into the Dothraki will end up the rulers....just from previous plots of the books I've read.

keep me updated of your progress as you continue to watch, I always like hearing from people new to something about their various thoughts etc

but odnt talk to me if you go ahead and read the books or w/e, I haven't decided what to do yet but I don't want things spoiled. I may eventually just read them because I doubt I will keep from being spoiled over the next however many years. it's just impossible.

keep me updated of your progress as you continue to watch, I always like hearing from people new to something about their various thoughts etc

Well, I was a big fan of the Spartacus series on Starz. Now that that series has ended, I wanted something cool to replace it. We didn't have HBO, so I never got to watch GOT. But we recently dropped Showtime and added HBO. I watched part of the first episode when we first added it, but I fell asleep during it. That kind of made me question whether I wanted to watch it.

But a couple of days ago, one of my co-workers has one of those digital video players that takes an SD card and he brought it in and was watching Season 3.

Being stuck in a room with the guy for 8 hours while the person we were keeping an eye on slept(severe mental illness...dangerous dude), you really don't have much of a choice but to watch. This time, it piqued my interest. So I'm starting from the beginning.

It's 3am, super night owl time.

In christening the new and improved night owl thread, IT'S PARTY TIME!

v1LSVnV.gif
v1LSVnV.gif

yEmZc.gif
yEmZc.gif
yEmZc.gif
yEmZc.gif

L1KLfvv.gif
L1KLfvv.gif
L1KLfvv.gif
L1KLfvv.gif
L1KLfvv.gif

L1KLfvv.gif
L1KLfvv.gif
L1KLfvv.gif
L1KLfvv.gif
L1KLfvv.gif

v1LSVnV.gif
v1LSVnV.gif

N53iz.gif
N53iz.gif
N53iz.gif
N53iz.gif
N53iz.gif
N53iz.gif
N53iz.gif
N53iz.gif

UtuVv.gif
UtuVv.gif
UtuVv.gif
UtuVv.gif
UtuVv.gif
UtuVv.gif
UtuVv.gif
UtuVv.gif

nRPQc.gif
nRPQc.gif

bonus spoiler:

uwWZ22Q.png

Best yet!

Who watches thin the middle of the night? Does not apply to workers Steel. And why aren't they in private or semi private rooms? Hey just for shits and giggles you should show them some of Grind's gigs.

Get some freaky ones ready Grind!

Best yet!

Who watches thin the middle of the night? Does not apply to workers Steel. And why aren't they in private or semi private rooms? Hey just for shits and giggles you should show them some of Grind's gigs.

Get some freaky ones ready Grind!

It is a private room. Because of his problems, he's on a 2:1 24 hours a day. That means two staff have to be there all the time....we do relieve each other for our breaks...so for a few times a night we are alone.

but odnt talk to me if you go ahead and read the books or w/e, I haven't decided what to do yet but I don't want things spoiled. I may eventually just read them because I doubt I will keep from being spoiled over the next however many years. it's just impossible.

The Butler did it. :chesh:

It is a private room. Because of his problems, he's on a 2:1 24 hours a day. That means two staff have to be there all the time....we do relieve each other for our breaks...so for a few times a night we are alone.

You probably have one of the hardest and most stressful jobs out there. God Bless you.

You probably have one of the hardest and most stressful jobs out there. God Bless you.

On third shift? 80% of the time with the fellow I'm speaking of, it's a matter of sitting in a room while he sleeps. It's the other 20% that's tough. But don't think that people who do what I do are "special". We're well trained and most of us have a patient streak to our personalities...that's about it.

People who are quick to anger don't last long.

When I was on day shift? Much tougher job. On nights, there are no demands placed upon the folks who live here.

On days, your day starts at 6am, you have to wake them up, get them dressed and groomed by 7:00 meds, breakfast around 8:00, training/work at 9:00-11:00, lunch at noon, then the second session of training/work at 1:00-3:00. At 2:15, second shift relieves you so you can gather your shit and clock out at 2:30.

That doesn't include all the toileting, diaper changes, clothing changes etc...if you work in those areas where the people need to be physically taken to the bathroom or wear diapers.

In short, there are a lot more demands placed upon them during the day and a lot more incidents of aggression, self abuse and argumentative behaviors because of it. But....we get our funding for being a training facility....not to simply warehouse people.

Where are you Grind!

All night owls are now required to try Resers cheddar potato casserole with bacon and jalapeños.

Yum yum.

Back