The no shower or bath bandwagon

I don't be taking a shower after chlorinated pool action (unless some major event). I've gone summers like that. No shower, just pool.

The pool water is more disinfecting than shower water.
The chlorine dries out your hair and skin, to keep you hair from too much chlorine damage, shower before you go into the pool. Hair can only absorb so much water so it absorbs the less chlorine’s shower water, before diving into the pool, or at least it’s what my hairdresser advices. I hate wearing a cap.

The pool doesn't wash your ass! Honestly most of these men need to be hosed down and then scrubbed before being among decent folk.

:laugh:

I loathe swimming pools. The stink of the chlorine is bad enough. It's like taking a bath with strangers. Ugh.
I’ve heard this from others, but I’ve always enjoyed swimming, I tried not to focusing on people peeing in the pool. I do love my private pool for that reason

I mean, really I didn't want to bring up this delicate topic, but i can't stand reading this shit anymore. Take a daily shower and use a damn washcloth you freaking stinkasses!

This seems to be more popular these days, for the sake of argument let's define it as bathing somewhere between once a week and never. Does anyone have an opinion? Has anyone tried it. I am currently playing with once a week and have not made up my mind. I am pretty sure I dont want to go further.

Enjoy your stink. At least once/ day for me.

That helps. I've been in some pretty shitty seawater...and that's not an exaggeration. LOL

Clear seawater is great, especially good for visibility. Do you snorkel or scuba? See an barracudas, the psychos of the sea?

I used to SCUBA, but much less since I became a decent free diver. If I am on a boat trip for a few days, I use DAWN dish detergent in the ocean and its really nice, somehow it rinses very well in salt water and you come out feeling very clean. I hate boat showers and like to conserve fresh water. We see plenty of Cudas and sharks but they leave us alone.

I’ve heard this from others, but I’ve always enjoyed swimming, I tried not to focusing on people peeing in the pool. I do love my private pool for that reason

Your pool is beautiful and so is your landscaping, like an oasis. Is it a lot of work to maintain? How do you know when you have enough disinfectant in there?

I mean, really I didn't want to bring up this delicate topic, but i can't stand reading this shit anymore. Take a daily shower and use a damn washcloth you freaking stinkasses!

I shower most days, but to be crude, if I don't shit or have sex, sometimes I skip.

I used to SCUBA, but much less since I became a decent free diver. If I am on a boat trip for a few days, I use DAWN dish detergent in the ocean and its really nice, somehow it rinses very well in salt water and you come out feeling very clean. I hate boat showers and like to conserve fresh water. We see plenty of Cudas and sharks but they leave us alone.

Dawn is a miracle chemical! I've used it on a few things besides dishes.

Sharks never bothered me, but barracudas are psychos. They'll hit anything shiny no matter what it's attached to. I've lost fish to them; most notably fighting two lb albacore tuna on the Coast Guard pier in Key West when the line released like it snapped. It hadn't snapped; I had the head of the fish, cleanly cut off at the gills. Whenever I hooked a barracuda (small ones), I cut their heads off and them them back in. Not a fan. Sharks are not a problem. Most were Lemons and Nurse sharks. Bulls and Makos could be dangerous but I never saw one when I was in the water with them.

Dawn is a miracle chemical! I've used it on a few things besides dishes.

Sharks never bothered me, but barracudas are psychos. They'll hit anything shiny no matter what it's attached to. I've lost fish to them; most notably fighting two lb albacore tuna on the Coast Guard pier in Key West when the line released like it snapped. It hadn't snapped; I had the head of the fish, cleanly cut off at the gills. Whenever I hooked a barracuda (small ones), I cut their heads off and them them back in. Not a fan. Sharks are not a problem. Most were Lemons and Nurse sharks. Bulls and Makos could be dangerous but I never saw one when I was in the water with them.

I have lost a lot more fish to sharks than cuda. I have never heard of a cuda attacking a person, but I do hear, a few times a year, of a shark accidently taking a bite out of a person.

I have lost a lot more fish to sharks than cuda. I have never heard of a cuda attacking a person, but I do hear, a few times a year, of a shark accidently taking a bite out of a person.

Most of those that I've read are kids messing with Lemon and Nurse sharks such as grabbing one by the tail to go for a ride. Every once in awhile a kid gets bit.

Your pool is beautiful and so is your landscaping, like an oasis. Is it a lot of work to maintain? How do you know when you have enough disinfectant in there?
Thanks! We love it.

Hubby cleans it, and we have a robotic pool vacuum, but we have a guy who adds the chemicals and maintains the equipment. The landscaping is more work!

This seems to be more popular these days, for the sake of argument let's define it as bathing somewhere between once a week and never. Does anyone have an opinion? Has anyone tried it. I am currently playing with once a week and have not made up my mind. I am pretty sure I dont want to go further.
Sounds disgusting.
I do not feel right unless I shower every day.

The chlorine dries out your hair and skin, to keep you hair from too much chlorine damage, shower before you go into the pool. Hair can only absorb so much water so it absorbs the less chlorine’s shower water, before diving into the pool, or at least it’s what my hairdresser advices. I hate wearing a cap.

Yeah, I'm kinda sans hairdresser at the moment... :laugh:

Last edited:
Back