The no trolls discussion.

Hello Cypress,

My policy is to add trolls to a thread ban list, and supplement that list with the forum's known racists, bigots, liars, slanderers, and sociopaths.
I am 90 percent sure Earl is legion.

Because I am a geek for archaeology, Here is my contribution to the thread.
Because the Black Sea has widespread anoxic conditions below a depth of a 100 meters or so, I suspect that searching for well preserved ancient shipwrecks in the Black Sea is going to be a prominent growth area in marine archaeological research moving forward.

I did the thread-ban thing for a long time but trolls can't leave it alone if you try to exclude them. They make copy-cat threads and it gets too confusing with similar named threads. And besides, it's no big deal to scroll past their Ignore place-holders to get to the civil posting. Whatever they are saying is meaningless to the discussion I am having anyway so I just don't care if they are saying something or not. I also developed the habit of simply not reading any response which quotes them, either. I know something interesting may be missed, but I also know something really mean and nasty is just as likely, and I choose to stay away from that vibe. I have no problem finding something else interesting that is not rated X for disturbing language.

Hello Cypress,

I did the thread-ban thing for a long time but trolls can't leave it alone if you try to exclude them. They make copy-cat threads and it gets too confusing with similar named threads. And besides, it's no big deal to scroll past their Ignore place-holders to get to the civil posting. Whatever they are saying is meaningless to the discussion I am having anyway so I just don't care if they are saying something or not. I also developed the habit of simply not reading any response which quotes them, either. I know something interesting may be missed, but I also know something really mean and nasty is just as likely, and I choose to stay away from that vibe. I have no problem finding something else interesting that is not rated X for disturbing language.

I find actually there is real comedy value in seeing copy cat threads.

It means for as much as these belligerent buffoons and tepid trolls claim they hate you, cannot stand you, and/or find you boring and tedious, it nonetheless shows they find your writing extremely interesting, worth reading, and worth plagiarizing -- even while they know you basically never read a word they write.

That stark contrast in message board indifference versus message board obsession has some real comedic value when you think about it.

jade this is just another random thread that doesn't serve much of a purpose. now don't get me wrong, I make about 2 of those a day myself. but lets call a spade a spade.

Do any of these threads serve much purpose?
No one seems to change their mind.

I find actually there is real comedy value in seeing copy cat threads.

It means for as much as these belligerent buffoons and tepid trolls claim they hate you, cannot stand you, and/or find you boring and tedious, it nonetheless shows they find your writing extremely interesting, worth reading, and worth plagiarizing -- even while they know you basically never read a word they write.

That stark contrast in message board indifference versus message board obsession has some real comedic value when you think about it.

Exactly=a compliment..........:cool:

Do any of these threads serve much purpose?
No one seems to change their mind.

IMHO ppl come here & other boards of whatever type for various reasons, of which that is a rather small fraction.. If this is their goal, they are going to be frustrated, A LOT..

If someone did change their view on an issue, even slightly, how apt are they to admit it??

I have seen it, although not often & it is much more likely to occur in a non-threatening environment/situation, such as PM, or simple discussion~not an argument/fight etc..

Sadly most ppl, even if proven wrong won't admit it, neither to others OR THEMSELVES.........

I think any one that has been around for a while knows this, @ least subconsciously..

Happening right now - my furry little buddies. Thank you, Endangered Species Act.
pAx59eC.jpg

It always happens that way. lol I see your troll list and raise you CFM, TDAK, Jack, Truth Destructor, and Flanders.

Owl. Did I do something to you in a Past Life? Do I remind you of one of your numerous 'husbands' that you have shed along the way? Do you have 'Daddy' issues? What is your fucking problem?
(mentioning me in the same breath as Truth Detector is really a low blow)

Jade. Tell your friend 'Kellyanne Conway' to get off my back!

Owl. Did I do something to you in a Past Life? Do I remind you of one of your numerous 'husbands' that you have shed along the way? Do you have 'Daddy' issues? What is your fucking problem?
(mentioning me in the same breath as Truth Detector is really a low blow)

Jade. Tell your friend 'Kellyanne Conway' to get off my back!

To be fair you do troll Owl a bit with those adults only comments. Of course, she gives you sass in return.

Back