The Official Barbie Movie Thread

Hawkeye10

ButterMilk Man
Contributor
I have seen this called WOKE satire though it is clearly WOKE celebration....this is a major moment. We are going to know something about how well the Revolution is doing, how well the resistance to the revolution is doing, and how the rest of the world feels about WOKE by how well this movie does and what people have to say about it. If you have anything to say please put it in this thread.

tyvm

I am struck by the fact that Rotten Tomatoes, which is now very WOKE, only rates it 90%. That seems odd.

We usually watch movies (well, when we still went to movies on a regular basis) in Yelm because they have recliners and they have a restaurant/bar and it is nice to get a little loaded before going in. They are playing Barbie 6 times, no other movie is playing more than three today, but only one of the shows is currently sold out.

EDIT: They also have all you can drink soda and all you want popcorn....with toppers....a huge plus.

I have seen this called WOKE satire though it is clearly WOKE celebration....this is a major moment. We are going to know something about how well the Revolution is doing, how well the resistance to the revolution is doing, and how the rest of the world feels about WOKE by how well this movie does and what people have to say about it. If you have anything to say please put it in this thread.

tyvm

I suspect that the low RT score is due to the moaning from the WOKE that this movie is too fun....the WOKE are allergic to fun.....a WOKE celebration movie should not be this much fun.

I suspect that the low RT score is due to the moaning from the WOKE that this movie is too fun....the WOKE are allergic to fun.....a WOKE celebration movie should not be this much fun.

The movie is very much woke.

And it has a 90% rating on rotten tomatoes which is extremely good.

The entire movie is pushing feminism while marginalizing males so yes it's woke.

Apparently it is an entertaining show however.

It is good to see Margot Robbie do some good work after her flop as Harley Quinn and her affair with Will Smith.

She's a great actress.

The movie is very much woke.

And it has a 90% rating on rotten tomatoes which is extremely good.

The entire movie is pushing feminism while marginalizing males so yes it's woke.

Apparently it is an entertaining show however.

Margot Robbie stars, is a producer, and her production company is involved....I am a big fan of her work....I doubt this sucks.

BTW Google is championing this movie...go ahead and put "barbie movie" in the search and see.

Margot Robbie stars, is a producer, an her production company is involved....I am a big fan of her work....I doubt this sucks.

BTW Google is championing this movie...go ahead and put "barbie movie" in the search and see.

It looks like a good movie.

I am not arguing that at all.

Hopefully this does well enough to lead to a sequel for her.

By all accounts it is beating out movies like Mission impossible so I'd say it's good.

We will see how well it holds up, especially overseas since Barbie is mostly an American icon.

Every educated person knows that the importance of the story telling goes back many many millennia. If an educated person tells you "It is just a move, only the rubes would care about that" then you are being lied to again. If they are not lying then you are talking with an idiot.

Back