The Official Barbie Movie Thread

To me its all just stupid. Went to another movie last night at a multiplex where Barbie was showing as well. Grown ass people walking around in silly pink outfits that are there to see to the movie....WTF! To each his own I guess but to me its all a bunch of childish foolishness. So if Clint Eastwood directs a new western movie should I dress up as a COWBOY just to go see it? :rolleyes: People REALLY need to grow the fuck up.

The cinematic taste of this forum as a whole is mind-numbing to me.
It's a good thing that I don't need to "get it,"
because I'd be fucked if I did.

The movie is very much woke.

And it has a 90% rating on rotten tomatoes which is extremely good.

The entire movie is pushing feminism while marginalizing males so yes it's woke.

Apparently it is an entertaining show however.

Blockbuster of the summer! Not my kind of movie, but it’s killing it at the theater. Might even beat the lil mermaid!

To me it’s all just stupid. Went to another movie last night at a multiplex where Barbie was showing as well. Grown ass people walking around in silly pink outfits that are there to see to the movie....WTF! To each his own I guess but to me it’s all a bunch of childish foolishness. So if Clint Eastwood directs a new western movie should I dress up as a COWBOY just to go see it? :rolleyes: People REALLY need to grow the fuck up.
It’s called having fun, sounds like you’re an uptight old man thinking you’re too cool to be childlike, but your Jesus recommended it. Do you ever dress up for Halloween or is that too childish, too?

It’s called having fun, sounds like you’re an uptight old man thinking you’re too cool to be childlike, but your Jesus recommended it. Do you ever dress up for Halloween or is that too childish, too?

We dressed up. It was a ton of fun. There are so many parts of this movie that delivered spot on takedowns of the male patriarchy. (The Kens asking for just one spot on the Supreme Court was met with ‘no but maybe we could give you a spot on a lower court’.) In that sense it was smart and clever. I understand why trumpers hate it. I guess this boycott didn’t work. Robbie and Gosling both very, very good.

H10 should have called this "The Official Poutrage About a Movie" thread. lol

‘Barbie’ breaks box-office records while crushing right-wing outrage

Voices on the right have been calling for a boycott of the new “Barbie” film because to them it’s everything from being “woke“ to somehow “brainwashing” young girls with “Chinese propaganda,” as GOP Sen. Ted Cruz put it. But they just learned they are no match for the Mattel doll. Barbie — metaphorically speaking — drove her pink Dreamcamper right over these critics, breaking box-office records.

Director Greta Gerwig’s movie — starring Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling — saw a stunning $155 million opening weekend. “Barbie” raked in the biggest opening weekend for 2023 so far, beating out the likes of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” and “Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse,” according to The Hollywood Reporter. “Barbie” also marked the biggest opening for a movie based on a toy, eclipsing “Transformers: Dark of the Moon” ($115.9 million), the publication noted.

Given these results, movie studios might want to beg GOP members of Congress, Fox News and others on the right to call for a boycott of their new films.

ETA, from same link, above:

So, what triggered the right about “Barbie”? We saw a multipronged attack weeks before the film’s opening.

In early July, some Republican lawmakers declared a “war on … Barbie” — as Politico put it — over a childlike drawing of a world map they claimed was designed to appease China. Rep. Mike Gallagher of Wisconsin, who leads a select House panel focused on countering China’s influence, asserted the map — which he described as “cartoonish, crayon-scribbled” — appeared to support Beijing’s territorial claims to a contested portion of the South China Sea. Cruz also weighed in with the comments about Chinese propaganda.

In response, Warner Bros., the studio behind the film, denied any political message. Warner Bros., which like CNN, is owned by Warner Bros. Discovery, explained, “The doodles depict Barbie’s make-believe journey from Barbie Land to the ‘real world.’ It was not intended to make any type of statement.”

Fox News has repeated attacks on the film over everything from “wokeness” to inclusivity. One such segment amplified the call against “Barbie” coming from Movieguide, a Christian movie review site, that read, “Warning: Don’t take your daughter to Barbie.” The segment criticized the film for the inclusion of a transgender performer (actor Hari Nef) and for presenting “LGBTQ stories.”

Last edited:
We dressed up. It was a ton of fun. There are so many parts of this movie that delivered spot on takedowns of the male patriarchy. (The Kens asking for just one spot on the Supreme Court was met with ‘no but maybe we could give you a spot on a lower court’.) In that sense it was smart and clever. I understand why trumpers hate it. I guess this boycott didn’t work. Robbie and Gosling both very, very good.

See Post #51. :laugh:

You'd think that Reichwingers would be all over this movie like Trump on a cheeseburger. It's got blonde bimbos, materialism, girly stuff, humor. Oh wait. They don't get humor, esp. of the satirical kind. Never mind.

I bet you had a blast! Did you dress up as Ken?

I suspect that the low RT score is due to the moaning from the WOKE that this movie is too fun....the WOKE are allergic to fun.....a WOKE celebration movie should not be this much fun.

90% is a low score? ROTFLMFAO!!! Have another shot dumb fuck.

See Post #51. :laugh:

You'd think that Reichwingers would be all over this movie like Trump on a cheeseburger. It's got blonde bimbos, materialism, girly stuff, humor. Oh wait. They don't get humor, esp. of the satirical kind. Never mind.

I bet you had a blast! Did you dress up as Ken?

Hell to the yes. And my wife got to wear a pink dress. Pretty damn good day even though our damn AC is out.

I have seen this called WOKE satire though it is clearly WOKE celebration....this is a major moment. We are going to know something about how well the Revolution is doing, how well the resistance to the revolution is doing, and how the rest of the world feels about WOKE by how well this movie does and what people have to say about it. If you have anything to say please put it in this thread.

tyvm
I didn't even know about this movie until rightwing men started crying like little girls about it.

I have seen this called WOKE satire though it is clearly WOKE celebration....this is a major moment. We are going to know something about how well the Revolution is doing, how well the resistance to the revolution is doing, and how the rest of the world feels about WOKE by how well this movie does and what people have to say about it. If you have anything to say please put it in this thread.

tyvm

Your own words prove you are anti American

Revolution?

What’s your plan you shitty foreign disinformation turd pile bot hole

Your revolution failed on J/6th remember idiot

Back