The persecution of Christians

What is the probability of a loofah? I dunno.

6232.jpg

If evidence in favor of design could be provided, would you admit to the possibility that God exists? There are patterns in the universe which, although falling short of proving God's existence, are indicative of design. The problem with explicit atheism is that it begins with the assumption that God cannot exist.

Atheism makes no such claim. It's simply the lack of beliefs in deities.

What elements of the universe show evidence of design that cannot be explained by physics?

I think I can nip this tangent in the bud by referring you to the Anthropic Principle

I don't even think the concept of probability is really meaningful when it comes to God. What is the probability of a loofah? I dunno.

it isn't. I am merely saying that in common language, it makes more sense for me to say god does not exist, rather than "I dont think god exists to a 99.99999999999...% certainty"

Actually the opposite is true. Atheists insist that the universe and life happened by chance; that's just plain stupid.

Lol I know so stupid right? Makes way more sense that an invisible man who existed forever deciding to make the universe with his magic powers and then made us out of clay and then told us not to eat from a tree but places it right near us anyway then gets mad at us so he sends himself to earth so we can kill him so he wont have to torture us for eternity because we don't always do what he says.

As for the OP, its a simple straw man. Christians are persecuted in many areas of the world, but not here. We've made our stand here, especially in the South, which includes a large area that is God's country.

ah yes the magical world of the godly south.

How is it holding many of the least intelligent states in the nation? A confederation of mouth breathers that has more abortions than your heathen neighbors and collects more welfare checks than anywhere else in the country.

Everywhere you go, the higher the religious belief, the worse it is. Just look at the middle east.

Face it, god has not rewarded your faith.

That is a gross misrepresentation and thus another one of the strawmen you are so famous for. An athiest would not state that at all. An athiest would state that the universe and life have occured via natural processes and according to the physical laws of nature and not by some supernatural guy in the sky.

Actually, an atheist wouldn't even have to say that. Though many do as they are naturally more informed about our world.

Atheism merely addresses the question of gods. It makes no claim on anything else in our universe. It's not about the origin of species, it's not about why the sky is blue. You could still be an atheist and still believe in absurd things with no rational foundation, though that is obviously very rare.

That is a gross misrepresentation and thus another one of the strawmen you are so famous for. An athiest would not state that at all. An athiest would state that the universe and life have occured via natural processes and according to the physical laws of nature and not by some supernatural guy in the sky.
In other words, by chance. :D

Lol I know so stupid right? Makes way more sense that an invisible man who existed forever deciding to make the universe with his magic powers and then made us out of clay and then told us not to eat from a tree but places it right near us anyway then gets mad at us so he sends himself to earth so we can kill him so he wont have to torture us for eternity because we don't always do what he says.
If you take some of the stories literally as you have, you are stupid.

ah yes the magical world of the godly south.

How is it holding many of the least intelligent states in the nation? A confederation of mouth breathers that has more abortions than your heathen neighbors and collects more welfare checks than anywhere else in the country.

Everywhere you go, the higher the religious belief, the worse it is. Just look at the middle east.

Face it, god has not rewarded your faith.
Intelligence from your perspective does not equate with wisdom, and wealth does not equate with spirituality. And yes, your abortion society has been successful at targeting black children, congratulations.

Back