The Vest May Be Toast

Looks like things may be happening sooner rather than later. The NCAA delivered a Letter of Allegations to OSU.

The buzz is that Tressel could be gone before the end of the calendar year.

This was a lightning fast response for the NCAA.

From: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...ndel/04/25/ohio-state-tressel-ncaa/index.html

"The NCAA sent a Notice of Allegations to the school last Friday, less than seven weeks since Ohio State self-reported Tressel's violation on March 8, virtually warp-speed for the governing body. As expected, the NCAA accused Tressel of ethical misconduct for failing to inform OSU officials of an e-mail tip he received that at least two of his current players were selling memorabilia to a local tattoo parlor owner and stated that Tressel "knowingly provided false information to the NCAA" by signing a compliance form last September stating he knew of no potential violations by his players. The letter also cites the school for using ineligible players last season."

Vest is a cheating piece of shit and if Ohio slow had an ounce of integrity he would have been fired yesterday.

losing scholarships would be good enough for me

The fact that he was aware of the violation when he signed the NCAA document saying he was not aware of any violations is going to do him in. I'm curious to see what they do to the university.

Looks like things may be happening sooner rather than later. The NCAA delivered a Letter of Allegations to OSU.

The buzz is that Tressel could be gone before the end of the calendar year.

This was a lightning fast response for the NCAA.
Tressel's not going anywhere. The NCAA is a whore and he brings in to much money. If their really, really mad at at Tressel then the will probably add another year of penalties to Allegheny States probation.

Last edited:
Vest is a cheating piece of shit and if Ohio slow had an ounce of integrity he would have been fired yesterday.
Only people who support minor league programs say dumb things like that. He lied about some kids trading shit for tattoos. Big freaken whoop. I wonder what kind of car Peterson is driving? I bet it's not a late model Civic.

He aint going anywhere. I mean....like the SEC and their semi-pro, semi-literate, pay for play teams have room to talk. What about Cam Newton?

Mott, I am not making this about competition or talking trash.

And the rules are a joke. But they have Tressel he signed a statement saying he did not know about any violations, when the emails show he did in fact know about violations. Lying to the NCAA is not something that they ignore.

Ohio state is a football factory and cheats up there with USC. They need to be ineligable for bowls for 2 years and lose 20 scholarships.

Mott, I am not making this about competition or talking trash.

And the rules are a joke. But they have Tressel he signed a statement saying he did not know about any violations, when the emails show he did in fact know about violations. Lying to the NCAA is not something that they ignore.
No it's not and I'm very deeply dissapointed in Tressel about lying. Ya know what they say about cover ups? There always worse then the crime they cover up. This is a case in point. I think the players getting dinged for trading memorabilia for tats is bull shit candy assed hypocritical violation....but it is a violation and Tressel knew about it and lied about it. He isn't going to be fired over it though.

No it's not and I'm very deeply dissapointed in Tressel about lying. Ya know what they say about cover ups? There always worse then the crime they cover up. This is a case in point. I think the players getting dinged for trading memorabilia for tats is bull shit candy assed hypocritical violation....but it is a violation and Tressel knew about it and lied about it. He isn't going to be fired over it though.

I admire your faith.

Boise State gets slapped with Lack of Institutional Control? Cam's dad admits asking for money, Tressel knew he was lying to the NCAA, and Boise St. is gonna get slapped this hard?

Hell, when Boise St was asked to investigate they reported things that the NCAA didn't know about and came clean. But they are the bad guys? What a joke.

Ohio State should get the USC type ban for 2 years post season and a shitload of sholarship losses.
Then fire the vest

Ohio State should get the USC type ban for 2 years post season and a shitload of sholarship losses.
Then fire the vest

For lying about players getting free tats? Put your perspective hat on dude. That's not even in the same leage as Bush getin a quarter mill in payolla money, cars and a house for his parents, etc, etc.

Besides, the NCAA is so fucked up and corrupt that alls they'll do if they are really, really mad at Ohio State is to give Boise State an extra year of probation.

For lying about players getting free tats? Put your perspective hat on dude. That's not even in the same leage as Bush getin a quarter mill in payolla money, cars and a house for his parents, etc, etc.

Besides, the NCAA is so fucked up and corrupt that alls they'll do if they are really, really mad at Ohio State is to give Boise State an extra year of probation.

I don't think the cost of the gift is the issue. The fact that he knew about and lied about it is what counts.

Now if this is true and Tressel had it organized to grease the palms of athlestes and their families with sweet heart deals on cars, and it bears out to be true then he should be immeadiately fired and OSU should suffer the same kind of penalties as USC. That's a big if. So far reports are indicating that these car deals met with NCAA compliance. So far it appears this is an unsubstantiated allegation.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1221208

Back