The Vodka So Dangerous You Should Never Drink It Straight

cancel2 2022

Canceled
Earlier this year, English company Master of Malt scorched mouths and livers with the world's hottest vodka. Rated to 100,000 Scoville Heat Units, you'd want to chase it with an iceberg. But why stop at 100,000? Master of Malt's latest creation comes in at a staggering 250,000 Scoville, served up with liability disclaimers and "use at your own risk" warnings. When Master of Malt sent over an exclusive sneak preview sample, we poured up a shot. Smells spicy! Sweet Jesus, what are we about to do?

http://gizmodo.com/5933415/the-vodka-so-dangerous-you-should-never-drink-it-straight

No thanks. I prefer my vodka to be less painful (not counting the hangover).

The article talks about the Naga pepper, which was recently unseated as the hottest pepper on earth. But when you read "The Naga is still hot enough to make you vomit blood", that does not appeal to me. lol

No thanks. I prefer my vodka to be less painful (not counting the hangover).

The article talks about the Naga pepper, which was recently unseated as the hottest pepper on earth. But when you read "The Naga is still hot enough to make you vomit blood", that does not appeal to me. lol
Not my idea of a good time. I once ate about a 1/2 sqaure inche piece of a habanero, with no membrane, and I liked to have died. I had to eat several creamcycles and I couldn't taste anything for hours. Not going to try something stupid like that again! LOL

Not my idea of a good time. I once ate about a 1/2 sqaure inche piece of a habanero, with no membrane, and I liked to have died. I had to eat several creamcycles and I couldn't taste anything for hours. Not going to try something stupid like that again! LOL
Having said that I make a fantastic mango/habenaro salsa that's an excellent side with fried or broiled fish (think tilapia, bass, or other white fish). It goes well with pork roast or pork chops too. It's spicy for sure but not nuclear.

I have a pretty high tolerance to Chilli from eating so much Thai food but there does come a point when it gets so hot that you can't taste the food anymore.
Exactly. When I eat a chili I don't want one that's going to make me breath fire but I do want one that's going to give me a warm glow in my belly. Maybe give me a runny nose. I want the heat on the back end of the flavor profile and not the front. I want to be able to enjoy the taste of the meat. That's why I primarily use chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. I'll accent that with some hot sauce and or cayenne powder or cracked red pepper, etc.

Exactly. When I eat a chili I don't want one that's going to make me breath fire but I do want one that's going to give me a warm glow in my belly. Maybe give me a runny nose. I want the heat on the back end of the flavor profile and not the front. I want to be able to enjoy the taste of the meat. That's why I primarily use chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. I'll accent that with some hot sauce and or cayenne powder or cracked red pepper, etc.

If the heat is on the back end, you get flavor. I love the flavor of peppers, I just don't eat peppers as an exercise in pain management.

I like the flavor too, but sometimes the pure feeling of the heat is more pleasureable than the taste. Plus when you build up a tolerance, you can taste more than just pain and heat.

dude you are making my mouth water. I think you gave me a chilli recipe one time but i forgot it. if you got one let me know

when i was in my teens and twenties i could eat hot as hell food, in fact i would have little competitions, like my step dad or friends and i would usually win. now that i'm in my thirties.....F that.

give me cream cheese please

:D

sure man.

Ok this is a BIG serving, since I've only made it for cook offs and other events with a lot of people. If I made it for me and my wife it'd last a month, so scale it back accordingly.

Ingredients:
1 1/2lbs ground beef or ground turkey
1lbs ground chorizo
1 15oz can Goya black beans
1 12oz can of hot chili beans
1/2 12oz can of corn with water (optional)
1 16oz can of bargain tomato sauce
1 8oz can of tomatoes (I prefer diced, but sliced or stewed work equally well)
3tsp chili powder
1tbsp onion powder OR 1/4 finely chopped red onion
1/2 clove of garlic, minced or 3/4tbsp pre-minced garlic
1/2tsp tumeric
1/2tbsp crushed red pepper
3-4 DROPS (DO NOT EXCEED) Daves Ghost Pepper Insanity sauce (omit if you are a pussy)
3oz Knob Creek or other top shelf bourbon (such as Makers Mark, or Jack Daniels Single Barrel).

Combine all ingredients except booze, Daves, and meat into a large stew pot. Let sit on low heat for 3 1/2 hours.Then brown the meat and add it to the stew pot, along with hot sauce. Stir occasionally. 1-1 1/2 hours prior to serving add bourbon. Be sure not to strain or filter the water from any ingredients. Cook time is a minimum of 5 hours for me. Speeding up the process, IMO, ruins the flavor.

Back