The Walking Dead

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
W

WinterBorn

Anyone else here a fan of the show? The season finale last night was killer. And the teasers for next season, Michonne and the prison, have me looking forward to Season 3 even more.

Anyone else here a fan of the show? The season finale last night was killer. And the teasers for next season, Michonne and the prison, have me looking forward to Season 3 even more.

I am a huge fan, but I am behind, this week and last week, now I have to catch up.

Is that the AMC series? If so I've caught the first two episodes on season 1 and it was pretty good. The scene in Atlanta reminded me of the last time I went to the Republican national convention. :)

walking dead is def entertaining, and better than most t.v. on. I would hesitate to call it top tier, but still fun to watch on sunday nights. Also yes, good wrap to this season

Is that the AMC series? If so I've caught the first two episodes on season 1 and it was pretty good. The scene in Atlanta reminded me of the last time I went to the Republican national convention. :)

Ahahahahahahahaha, oh, that was a good one. Yes, it is the AMC series and I highly recommend it.

So many brain dead, drooling, beasts in near human form I though it would remind you of Ohio. If they didn't constantly state that it was in fact Atlanta, I would have thought it Ohio as well.

I haven't watched the 2nd season, my wife has. I don't watch things that aren't on Netflix. Still it seems like they kill everyone awesome on that show. The fact that Deryl is still alive has to be some fluke, though I'm convinced its only to set up greater awesomness for the return of Meryl.

I love the show.
I watched the "Talking Dead" show afterwards and I hope that they don't just make it the animated version of the comic book.
I haven't read the comic book; but read some of the bylines and it's obvious that the show hasn't followed the comic version, as of yet.

The revelation that everyone is infected and will reanimate, upon death, unless their brain is destroyed.
I agree with the premise for next sesson and instead of trying to just survive, they need to learn how to live in this new world.
I would create zombie traps.
Huge pits with one opening, cover the bottom in straw, soak it in oil, lead large groups in, block the entrance, and then set the pit on fire.
Wait until the fire dies down and reset the trap.
Do the same thing with barns and wood buildings.

Find a canyon, suspend an air horn over the middle, set the horn off, and then sit back and watch the lemming walk.
Do the same think with a broken bridge. Suspend someone high over the broken part, let the walkers come to the "bait", and watch then walk off the broken parts.

A charged car battery and a car alarm would last a long time.

The survivors need to use their imagination.

Ammo is getting to expensive

The walkers are stupid and traps would work. You don't even have to hide them. :)

Plus it's easier to dispatch them, if you know where they are; instead of worrying where they are.

I love the show.
I watched the "Talking Dead" show afterwards and I hope that they don't just make it the animated version of the comic book.
I haven't read the comic book; but read some of the bylines and it's obvious that the show hasn't followed the comic version, as of yet.

The revelation that everyone is infected and will reanimate, upon death, unless their brain is destroyed.
I agree with the premise for next sesson and instead of trying to just survive, they need to learn how to live in this new world.
I would create zombie traps.
Huge pits with one opening, cover the bottom in straw, soak it in oil, lead large groups in, block the entrance, and then set the pit on fire.
Wait until the fire dies down and reset the trap.
Do the same thing with barns and wood buildings.

Find a canyon, suspend an air horn over the middle, set the horn off, and then sit back and watch the lemming walk.
Do the same think with a broken bridge. Suspend someone high over the broken part, let the walkers come to the "bait", and watch then walk off the broken parts.

A charged car battery and a car alarm would last a long time.

The survivors need to use their imagination.

Ammo is getting to expensive

The walkers are stupid and traps would work. You don't even have to hide them. :)

Plus it's easier to dispatch them, if you know where they are; instead of worrying where they are.

A much simpler way to survive would be to find a decent sized sailboat. Be out cruising from port to port when you need supplies, and if zombies can't work a doorknob they certainly can't swim.

I think the show is top tier for the social implications. I love horror movies, so the zombies are a plus. But the show is more about teh survivors and the pressures of group dynamics under stress.

A much simpler way to survive would be to find a decent sized sailboat. Be out cruising from port to port when you need supplies, and if zombies can't work a doorknob they certainly can't swim.

I think the show is top tier for the social implications. I love horror movies, so the zombies are a plus. But the show is more about teh survivors and the pressures of group dynamics under stress.

I think both are excellent ideas, but I would have to go with the moat around the property, because being out at sea is not for me, I am a land lover.

Can zombies drown?

When I read the thread title the Repub Party was the first thing that came to mind.

I think both are excellent ideas, but I would have to go with the moat around the property, because being out at sea is not for me, I am a land lover.

Can zombies drown?

No, they are already dead. But they also won't float.

One of the issues with using any kind of trap is the inability to control how many you attract.

Moats and pit-traps can literally be filled by hordes of them. Then the rest walk over the tops.

Has anyone read World War Z?

One of the issues with using any kind of trap is the inability to control how many you attract.

Moats and pit-traps can literally be filled by hordes of them. Then the rest walk over the tops.

Has anyone read World War Z?

Think football stadium size pits, for at least width and length.
Depth could be up to 15 foot deep.

What about areas with a layer of quick dry concrete and an overhead sprinkler syslem.

Pits with acid in them.

Alligators

WAIT
WAIT

What about a trap that would funnel them into falling into a wood chipper!! :awesome:

Back