The Walking Dead

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
Think football stadium size pits, for at least width and length.
Depth could be up to 15 foot deep.

What about areas with a layer of quick dry concrete and an overhead sprinkler syslem.

Pits with acid in them.

Alligators

WAIT
WAIT

What about a trap that would funnel them into falling into a wood chipper!! :awesome:

The wood chipper idea sounds messy as hell. Besides, if it jams up who goes down to fix it?

Using a prison as an encampment is a good idea. But remember, if they know living people (food) are inside they will gather outside in ever growing number.

The wood chipper idea sounds messy as hell. Besides, if it jams up who goes down to fix it?

Using a prison as an encampment is a good idea. But remember, if they know living people (food) are inside they will gather outside in ever growing number.

Who cares if the chipper clogs.
Just start another one.
And so what if it gets messy?

Since they will congregate where there is sound; you could always draw them to one side of the prison walls, by using a sound system. Then when they are all bunched up, you can leave by another entrance/exit.

One of my criticisms of most zombie movies is that we always see people being eaten by zombies, but the zombies that are around don't seem to have been eaten on much. Mostly they are rotting. Why were so many people only bitten and not eaten?

The reason I asked if anyone had read World War Z (or listened to the audiobook) is that there is some good stuff in it from a practical standpoint. We are fighting an army that has no supply lines, no command structure, and every casualty on our side is a recruit for theirs.

Who cares if the chipper clogs.
Just start another one.
And so what if it gets messy?

Since they will congregate where there is sound; you could always draw them to one side of the prison walls, by using a sound system. Then when they are all bunched up, you can leave by another entrance/exit.

Start another one at the bottom of a funnel shaped pit? You gonna take the new one down? :)

One of my criticisms of most zombie movies is that we always see people being eaten by zombies, but the zombies that are around don't seem to have been eaten on much. Mostly they are rotting. Why were so many people only bitten and not eaten?

The reason I asked if anyone had read World War Z (or listened to the audiobook) is that there is some good stuff in it from a practical standpoint. We are fighting an army that has no supply lines, no command structure, and every casualty on our side is a recruit for theirs.

They could have been bitten and then got away.
OR
As we just found out, their all infected; so if they die uneaten, then they are reanimated.

I'm not sure an "eaten" person would be able to reanimate.
Which brings up an interesting quetion.
Since the walking dead, aren't really living, what happens to the flesh they consume; because it's not like they're going to be taking a dump.

Is that the AMC series? If so I've caught the first two episodes on season 1 and it was pretty good. The scene in Atlanta reminded me of the last time I went to the Republican national convention. :)

When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was about ID and Alias.

Just set one up, in a different location.
Set the discharge funnel to spray the "mist" over the group waiting to be ground up.

One thing my years in the utility construction business has taught me is that mechanical things break down.

The pit or moat is not a bad idea, other than the problem I mentioned earlier. Fire is a big plus, except you are burning fuel you may need.

One good idea is to move north instead of staying in the south. Since they are dead they do not produce any body heat. So when hard freezes come, the zombies will be frozen solid. Go out at dawn and give out free lobotomies to the frozen dead. One per customer only, please. That burns no ammo and thins the herds without any danger.

I had a feeling that was going to happen.

Now they have no hope of surviving. Shane was one of the only characters with a brain (excluding all the zombies).

I had a feeling that was going to happen.

Now they have no hope of surviving. Shane was one of the only characters with a brain (excluding all the zombies).

It happened a LOT sooner in the graphic novel. (cool name for a comic)

One thing my years in the utility construction business has taught me is that mechanical things break down.

The pit or moat is not a bad idea, other than the problem I mentioned earlier. Fire is a big plus, except you are burning fuel you may need.

One good idea is to move north instead of staying in the south. Since they are dead they do not produce any body heat. So when hard freezes come, the zombies will be frozen solid. Go out at dawn and give out free lobotomies to the frozen dead. One per customer only, please. That burns no ammo and thins the herds without any danger.

Have you ever seen what a corn picker or a thrasher can do to the human body.
Just imagiine 3 or 4 of these going side by side, down a walker crowded street or a field.

Have you ever seen what a corn picker or a thrasher can do to the human body.
Just imagiine 3 or 4 of these going side by side, down a walker crowded street or a field.

How about one of those mowers they use on the side of the road to trim underbrush? Its like a bushhog on an articulating arm. Zombie spatter for miles.

How about one of those mowers they use on the side of the road to trim underbrush? Its like a bushhog on an articulating arm. Zombie spatter for miles.

Now you're thinking.

Remember the old chariot movies, where they had the blades on the wheels.

Do the same to a truck and let them try to crawl after you. :)

Now you're thinking.

Remember the old chariot movies, where they had the blades on the wheels.

Do the same to a truck and let them try to crawl after you. :)

Mowing them down when you have to get out and around is great. But considering that there are tens of millions of them, its not a fight you win by attacking. Attrition is your best bet. They continue to rot and decay, so lay low and let them get worse and worse. In a couple of years most will be too far gone to move. Once they don't have the numbers they become far less dangerous.

Mowing them down when you have to get out and around is great. But considering that there are tens of millions of them, its not a fight you win by attacking. Attrition is your best bet. They continue to rot and decay, so lay low and let them get worse and worse. In a couple of years most will be too far gone to move. Once they don't have the numbers they become far less dangerous.

But you're not going to be facing "tens of millions".
The most might be a couple of hundred at once.

Several cars with blades attached to the wheels, would make SHORT work of them.

I just had a really disturbing thought.
Think how many children, 1 year old and younger, would have died naturally; in this world.

Can you imagine 30 or 40 of them crawling after you? <shudder>

But you're not going to be facing "tens of millions".
The most might be a couple of hundred at once.

Several cars with blades attached to the wheels, would make SHORT work of them.

It would make short work of some, and some it would just make shorter.

Not tens of millions at once, but a few hundred can block a vehicle or get lucky and jam something up.

Back