The War On Christmas Ensues

i agree; and there a loads of people out there like that for all kinds of different things, not only christmas.

i just think it's a matter of consideration for others, that's all. intentionally offending someone is not very considerate at all.

Bullshit, I was talking about wishing someone enjoy a particular religous day. It assumes something about the person you are talking to, but gives absolutly no information about oneself. If I know someone is Jewish I will often wish them a happy Rosh Hashana or Yom Kipper, it does not mean I am Jewish.

I have Jewish friends who often wish me a Merry Christmas, it does not mean that they are considering converting! Damo you are usually very logical and reasonable, you are DEAD wrong on this one.

Merry Christmas is a traditional acknowledgement of the National Holiday and its name.... it is a national Holiday...lets not forget it. To be offended by it....is bullshit....

i just think it's a matter of consideration for others, that's all. intentionally offending someone is not very considerate at all.

Intentionally offending is wrong, unintentionally offending while intending well wishes is another matter though.

Merry Christmas is a traditional acknowledgement of the National Holiday and its name.... it is a national Holiday...lets not forget it. To be offended by it....is bullshit....

Yes, and it is equal BS to be offended by Happy Hollidays.
The midwinter celebrations were not origionally Christian. And American Christmas still a blend of Pagan and Christian holidays.

Yes very subjective, and those who get offended in the USA over "Merry Christmas" are in the wrong imho. I say the same about those who whine about
"Happy Holidays" as well.
Christmas is a well established religio/capitalistic holiday in the USA.

Very WELL PUT, I agree 100%.

All of my shopping has been done except for the wife gift. That's easy, just have to switch to another website and git er done.

Back