They shouldnt make commercials like this......

Stone

Contributor
They make even the orneriest of old hard asses get a little blurry eyed ! ;) :laugh:

Fighting to get people to care is honorable

Leaving children hungry is evil

Not caring about the elderly is evil

We need to care about each other

It’s what decent people do

I read the dogs last will and testament thing you sent me to my wife. She cried. I KNEW she would! We may look at the shelter on Monday. It WORKED! :) I spotted one on the shelter website that is 4 years old and already house trained. With it being winter she didnt want to house train a new dog until spring, which I understand,...but with this one already trained it took away her main objection! No need to wait now. :laugh:

Many thanks!

Impala SS convertible with a 396 or hmm..4-something... A beautiful car.
Pretty sure were made for only 2 years.

Actually, it had a 427.
2:30
Probably the 385-390 (gross) hp version.
As I did not hear, solid lifters.

The sad thing is that all these old 'muscle cars/pony cars' with the BIG engines and high hp ratings?
Are now actually fairly slow by modern standards.

This Impala put out about 300 hp net (I assume).
A 2021 base Ford Mustang would beat this car in the 1/4 mile (even if the Impala had fat, sticky tires).
And a bone stock Mustang GT would destroy it.

Hell...a 2021 Honda Pilot SUV does 0-60 in 5.9 seconds.
https://www.carindigo.com/honda/pilot/0to60
Even it would beat this Impala SS.
Sure it would not look or especially sound as great doing it.
But still...weird.

Actually, it had a 427.
2:30
Probably the 385-390 (gross) hp version.
As I did not hear, solid lifters.

The sad thing is that all these old 'muscle cars/pony cars' with the BIG engines and high hp ratings?
Are now actually fairly slow by modern standards.

This Impala put out about 300 hp net (I assume).
A 2021 base Ford Mustang would beat this car in the 1/4 mile (even if the Impala had modern tires).
And a bone stock Mustang GT would destroy it.

Hell...a 2021 Honda Pilot SUV does 0-60 in 5.9 seconds.
https://www.carindigo.com/honda/pilot/0to60
Even it would beat this Impala SS.
Sure it would not look or especially sound as great doing it.
But still...weird.

Surely the old planet killers will be forced off the road.

We cant have them as we ready ourselves for UTOPIA.

I read the dogs last will and testament thing you sent me to my wife. She cried. I KNEW she would! We may look at the shelter on Monday. It WORKED! :) I spotted one on the shelter website that is 4 years old and already house trained. With it being winter she didnt want to house train a new dog until spring, which I understand,...but with this one already trained it took away her main objection! No need to wait now. :laugh:

Many thanks!
That makes me so very happy...this time of year shelters and rescues are completely full...
When you go, you'll know...sometimes they rescue us.... But best of all you save their life...It doesn't get much better than that....
And Thank You!!!

Back