They shouldnt make commercials like this......

Well...your Cobra is amazing.
But that goes without saying.

I wanted one since I first saw one when I was 8. Rich kid down the street had one and I was bitten. Took 50 years, but I got one.
Last fall I wound it up and when I went to shift into 3rd. the clutch disintegrated. Wiped the blow-proof bell and locked up the motor.
It's been sitting undercover for over a year now, waiting for this new engine. It's a very well constructed replica, build in the U.S.of A.
Other hi-end replicas are built in South Africa and sent in as rollers, engines installed here. Lots of them have 500 HP fuel injected
small blocks, but I wanted a 1965 block, heads and intake and they aren't easy to find. The shop I'm having build this standard bore
427 center oiler said it only needs honed, not bored. It should push over 500 HP, more than enough in a 2100 lb. car with a 90" wheelbase.

I wanted one since I first saw one when I was 8. Rich kid down the street had one and I was bitten. Took 50 years, but I got one.
Last fall I wound it up and when I went to shift into 3rd. the clutch disintegrated. Wiped the blow-proof bell and locked up the motor.
It's been sitting undercover for over a year now, waiting for this new engine. It's a very well constructed replica, build in the U.S.of A.
Other hi-end replicas are built in South Africa and sent in as rollers, engines installed here. Lots of them have 500 HP fuel injected
small blocks, but I wanted a 1965 block, heads and intake and they aren't easy to find. The shop I'm having build this standard bore
427 center oiler said it only needs honed, not bored. It should push over 500 HP, more than enough in a 2100 lb. car with a 90" wheelbase.

Fucking awesome.

There are ways to unstick an engine..
As long as the rods aren't bent and the crank isn't warped.

Engines from then had an intake and a carburetor or 2.

It had a burnt piston and warped cylinder. Junk.

There are piston kits and cylinder sleeves or boring out.. :awesome: Really that depends on how warped if possible.

Never heard of a warped cylinder. :eek:

There were the smoothest cylinders in this 1 engine I built..honed with them balls..an old hot rodder helped me balance the assemblies..tight compression..

Fun times! :)

There are piston kits and cylinder sleeves or boring out.. :awesome: Really that depends on how warped if possible.

Never heard of a warped cylinder. :eek:

There were the smoothest cylinders in this 1 engine I built..honed with them balls..an old hot rodder helped me balance the assemblies..tight compression..

Fun times! :)

It was a 390 bored .060 over and the cylinder was worn oval. It wasn't driven enough by the previous owner, everything was bone dry between start ups. I want a period correct motor in it, that's what I'm having built.

It was a 390 bored .060 over and the cylinder was worn oval. It wasn't driven enough by the previous owner, everything was bone dry between start ups. I want a period correct motor in it, that's what I'm having built.

Nothing left to work with there, I get it.

Back