They shouldnt make commercials like this......

That makes me so very happy...this time of year shelters and rescues are completely full...
When you go, you'll know...sometimes they rescue us.... But best of all you save their life...It doesn't get much better than that....
And Thank You!!!

We love our little four leggers around these parts. My wife has an unbelievably close relationship with animals of all kinds. She's the lady that always pull the car over when she sees a turtle trying to cross the road. She gets out, picks him up and carries him across so she knows he's gonna make it! :laugh:

We love our little four leggers around these parts. My wife has an unbelievably close relationship with animals of all kinds. She's the lady that always pull the car over when she sees a turtle trying to cross the road. She gets out, picks him up and carries him across so she knows he's gonna make it! :laugh:
Been there for more than one creature trying to cross the road....Some tell me the squirrels don't hear me telling them to hurry their little butts up, but I know they do...lol;)

Actually, it had a 427.
2:30
Probably the 385-390 (gross) hp version.
As I did not hear, solid lifters.

The sad thing is that all these old 'muscle cars/pony cars' with the BIG engines and high hp ratings?
Are now actually fairly slow by modern standards.

This Impala put out about 300 hp net (I assume).
A 2021 base Ford Mustang would beat this car in the 1/4 mile (even if the Impala had fat, sticky tires).
And a bone stock Mustang GT would destroy it.

Hell...a 2021 Honda Pilot SUV does 0-60 in 5.9 seconds.
https://www.carindigo.com/honda/pilot/0to60
Even it would beat this Impala SS.
Sure it would not look or especially sound as great doing it.
But still...weird.

Those cars were the race cars of their day, at the top tier classes.

Hell yeah, you'd expect 60 years advancements in technology to increase performance.
Say what you will, nothing sounds better than a ground pounding big block with a nice cam.
You want performance? Put those modern engines up against a Top Fuel big block.

Hell yeah, you'd expect 60 years advancements in technology to increase performance.
Say what you will, nothing sounds better than a ground pounding big block with a nice cam.

Gas was $.25 then.

Just tell her to beware of snapping turtles. They can be nasty, you can lose a finger in the blink of an eye.

Actually, it had a 427.
2:30
Probably the 385-390 (gross) hp version.
As I did not hear, solid lifters.

The sad thing is that all these old 'muscle cars/pony cars' with the BIG engines and high hp ratings?
Are now actually fairly slow by modern standards.

This Impala put out about 300 hp net (I assume).
A 2021 base Ford Mustang would beat this car in the 1/4 mile (even if the Impala had fat, sticky tires).
And a bone stock Mustang GT would destroy it.

Hell...a 2021 Honda Pilot SUV does 0-60 in 5.9 seconds.
https://www.carindigo.com/honda/pilot/0to60
Even it would beat this Impala SS.
Sure it would not look or especially sound as great doing it.
But still...weird.

I was thinking it had the 427 in it. The paint was this blue..just the prettiest blue. Great looking with a good engine, 4-speed optional.

I was thinking it had the 427 in it. The paint was this blue..just the prettiest blue. Great looking with a good engine, 4-speed optional.

My cousin has an Impala convertible, not sure what year. A '64 I believe. Dark blue with a 327 automatic in it.

Oh come on now.
That is apples and hand grenades.
You might as well compare it to a rocket.

My point was that I think cars reached their looks peak in the early '70's until the late '90's.
(No offense, before that? They just look too crude/basic...with a few exceptions)
After that?
Almost everything is jelly bean shaped.
BORING.
Even the Corvette does NOT look like a 'vette anymore.

I wish the cars looked like about 20+ years ago.
With today's technology.
But with ONLY, normally-aspirated engines.

I love the looks of a Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody.
And I love the 700+ hp.
But supercharged?
That is a cop out.
That's like NOS back in the '90's.
And it sounds goofy too when the blower is whining.

Finally...I actually think cars have actually gotten too fast.
A Honda Pilot that does 0-60 in 5.9 seconds?
What the fuck would anyone need a garden variety SUV to be that quick for?
And it is almost impossible to use the 700 horsepower in that Challenger/Charger legally.
Most idiots are clueless what to do with it.
Same with the other 'pony' cars.

In my opinion, the auto industry has hit a rut.
Too expensive, look boring, WAY too fat/heavy and all about gadgets.
No real innovation for decades.

And do not even get me started about pickup's.

Last edited:
Just tell her to beware of snapping turtles. They can be nasty, you can lose a finger in the blink of an eye.

Oh she knows,...believe you me. Its all lakes where we live. You literally cant drive more than 5 or 6 miles in any direction without running into a lake or a whole chain of lakes. They are EVERYWHERE. And so are the turtles. They are mostly the painted type but there are some big old snappers around too.

America is at its greatest when we care about each other

It proves that democracy is the best form of government

People can be good

We are at our best when we care about others

Hating others for not believing your favorite lies is destroying this nation

Oh come on now.
That is apples and hand grenades.
You might as well compare it to a rocket.

My point was that I think cars reached their looks peak in the early '70's until the late '90's.
(No offense, before that? They just look too crude/basic...with a few exceptions)
After that?
Almost everything is jelly bean shaped.
BORING.
Even the Corvette does NOT look like a 'vette anymore.

I wish the cars looked like about 20+ years ago.
With today's technology.
But with ONLY, normally-aspirated engines.

I love the looks of a Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody.
And I love the 700+ hp.
But supercharged?
That is a cop out.
That's like NOS back in the '90's.
And it sounds goofy too when the blower is whining.

Finally...I actually think cars have actually gotten too fast.
A Honda Pilot that does 0-60 in 5.9 seconds?
What the fuck would anyone need a garden variety SUV to be that quick for?
And it is almost impossible to use the 700 horsepower in that Challenger/Charger legally.
Most idiots are clueless what to do with it.
Same with the other 'pony' cars.

In my opinion, the auto industry has hit a rut.
Too expensive, look boring, WAY too fat/heavy and all about gadgets.
No real innovation for decades.

And do not even get me started about pickup's.

Body styles peeked from the early '60s through the mid '70s imo. The early 2nd. gen.Challengers, Mustangs and Camaros weren't too bad either.
The suspension, braking and tire tech today can afford the HP of today's engines. It's more than most drivers can handle, especially those with limited experience.

I'm having a period correct 427 built for my '65 Shelby AC Cobra. I'm hoping to have it in by spring.

Body styles peeked from the early '60s through the mid '70s imo. The early 2nd. gen.Challengers, Mustangs and Camaros weren't too bad either.
The suspension, braking and tire tech today can afford the HP of today's engines. It's more than most drivers can handle, especially those with limited experience.

I'm having a period correct 427 built for my '65 Shelby AC Cobra. I'm hoping to have it in by spring.

Well...your Cobra is amazing.
But that goes without saying.

He marked the reef from a public beach.

icast-2021-mariner-direct.jpg

This is a fight! He owns the fukcen ocean. My friends own that restaurant. That’s my friends at the tackle shops. We don’t like you. We don’t want you there.

This is going to be a long one.

shutterstock_105069779_jpg.jpg

It’s a marker buoy.

I have a bright idea!

Back