Think of a Number

cancel2 2022

Canceled
tumblr_ly08mr14Vb1rnn6wqo1_500.png

Well, duh...

Add 8 and you get four... Add 9 halve it and you'll get 4.5....

That isn't magic man. You are basically taking the long way to dividing a number by two. (six, eight, and nine in my example.)

Take a number. Double it. Add 1 trillion. Now halve it. Now take away your old number. Your new number is half a trillion. Genius.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's put this in terms Tom can understand.

You have one animal that goes MOO-MOO (can you guess which one that is, children?) Now let's DOUBLE that! You now have two MOO-MOO's! Now let's add an OINK-OINK to that. That leaves us with TWO (have you memorized this number yet, children?) MOO-MOO's and one OINK-OINK! Now let's halve the number of MOO-MOO's! This leaves us with ONE MOO-MOO and ONE OINK-OINK! Now let's cut the OINK OINK in half! That leaves us with one MOO-MOO and half the corpse of an OINK-OINK! Now let's take away the MOO-MOO!

What do we have left, children? Just half the bloody corpse of an OINK OINK!

All those who guessed correctly will get a GOLD STAR! Nevermind, this is a JUDGEMENT FREE zone, so you ALL get GOLD STARS!

You have one animal that goes MOO-MOO (can you guess which one that is, children?) Now let's DOUBLE that! You now have two MOO-MOO's! Now let's add an OINK-OINK to that. That leaves us with TWO (have you memorized this number yet, children?) MOO-MOO's and one OINK-OINK! Now let's halve the number of MOO-MOO's! This leaves us with ONE MOO-MOO and ONE OINK-OINK! Now let's cut the OINK OINK in half! That leaves us with one MOO-MOO and half the corpse of an OINK-OINK! Now let's take away the MOO-MOO!

All those who guessed correctly will get a GOLD STAR! Nevermind, this is a JUDGEMENT FREE zone, so you ALL get GOLD STARS!

This post CANNOT be thanked enough.

lol i love how everyone is beating up on tom. poor guy. why do you guys all hate him?

in all seriousness, im pretty sure he didn't actually think it was magic, you tards.

lol i love how everyone is beating up on tom. poor guy. why do you guys all hate him?

in all seriousness, im pretty sure he didn't actually think it was magic, you tards.

I posted it to see how many retards would come out of the woodwork, so my work is done. I reserve the right to do that on a semi regular basis.

I have forgotten more about maths than most people ever knew in the first place.

Last edited:

Did you say that you have no friends in Mississippi, I wonder why?

I'm almost done with my Algebra I dvd's. Next-up will be Algebra II, and then hopefully I can dive back into Precalculus. This sucking at math is getting really olde.

Nice, it's always good to have more resources. I am currently watching The Teaching Company's "Great Courses" lecture series, both for math and ancient history. Good stuff, but, obviously I'm much better at history than math...

Well, duh...

Add 8 and you get four... Add 9 halve it and you'll get 4.5....

That isn't magic man. You are basically taking the long way to dividing a number by two. (six, eight, and nine in my example.)
Yea....no doubt. It's the same thing as saying pick a number. Add three to it. Subtract the number you picked. Your answer is three.

Back