Think of a Number

I was a much greater college student than high school student, with a cumulative GPA of 3.88 (honors society and summa cum laude) versus a 3.197 and nothing to show for it. The reason, you may ask? It wasn't effort or attitude. I didn't really have a life in high school, so there weren't many distractions for me. The simple fact is, in college I took one bullshit math class and one lightweight chemistry class, resulting in one A- and an A. In high school, I took four years of math and three years of science, resulting in two A's, eight B's, two C's, and two D's.

WM, someday I might buy an almighty TI-92, but I still want to learn this shit. The TI-89 is garbage, and was being used when I was in 10th grade. The TI-92 literally does everything for you, including showing you the work. You will never again have to think for yourself in math if you invest in one.

The TI-89 has been used since the 90's, dumbass. Don't fix what ain't broke.

I hate using calculators for math. When I worked with ammo my very life constituted math (albeit super simple math). I never once used a calculator, preferring to either do it in my head or use the boxes to write the equations out. Hell, even at work today I still prefer to right everything out in lieu of a calculator. Especially my complex theoretical stuff (driving math).

I hate using calculators for math. When I worked with ammo my very life constituted math (albeit super simple math). I never once used a calculator, preferring to either do it in my head or use the boxes to write the equations out. Hell, even at work today I still prefer to right everything out in lieu of a calculator. Especially my complex theoretical stuff (driving math).

Have fun needlessly duplicating effort.

And anyway, Three, they don't let you use those kinds of calculators in class, and if i want extremely fancy features I will just use wolfram alpha or mathematica. TI-92 fills a niche that didn't need to be filled, that's why nobody uses it.

The only difficult math I had to do in college was in chemistry. The bullshit math class I took was not terribly rigorous, and the only difficulty consisted in the scale and detail of some of the topics we covered. Naturally, I still managed to only pull off an A-, and thus wrecked my opportunity to return home from my first semester with a 4.0.
Must not have been a rigerous chemistry class either. My first quarter of Freshman chemistry we covered the gas laws and that required knowledge of solving quadratic equations. Not to mention that stoichiometry is nothing but algebra.

I can memorize an equation, and then use it later on in the course, and that's pretty much how it went. We had a lot of basic physics equations, such as using the speed of light. That's not the same thing as me actually understanding physics or algebra, of course.

Back